Designers needed! Your assistance appreciated...

michaeld

Hi all!

It's only just over a month from WorldPride and we still have quite a bit of design work to do for the march and conference. Leaflets, posters, business cards, that kind of thing.

Can anyone help? We just need someone who, unlike me, has good intuition when it comes to visual aesthetics, and can put that into practice when designing. If you think you could design a poster to advertise the conference that would be awesome. Or if you have a good T-shirt idea.

We already have volunteers to help, but we need more!

For the leaflets and other march materials, we already have a fairly good idea of the content - in most cases we are reusing things from previous WorldPrides, but with new translations into Spanish (keeping English as well, either overleaf or beside). However this brings its own challenges - we need to change the layout to accommodate this.

If you can help - please get in touch! I realise I am being slightly vague about the requirements, and I may split this into several different threads for different things we need doing if . At the moment, I'd just like to hear from you if you are interested in helping us with designs and can spend some time over the next 2 weeks on this. Having a skype account is also useful as we do most of our coordination on skype but it's not essential - we can work here on in PMs if needed.

Thanks!

Hello! This sounds really fun and nice! :3

Do you have any examples of previous flyers/business cards or things you've already made/had in mind? Like, what kinds of similar things do you think look nice so I have something to work off of :P 

chair jockey

I have zero talent for design but really like a colour scheme that combines SlateBlue4 and Silver. Maybe try that and see how you like it.

Thanks both! PixieCat, here for example is the business card design we used for WorldPride 2014:

We can use the same or similar design this time but we need to a) include a Spanish translation too, b) include the link to ACEs too (the organisation we are organising this event with).

Check out the WorldPride 2014 forum for more designs:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/119-worldpride-2014/

Again we can adapt these for our use, with the difference we need Spanish translations and ACEs link. (Btw I'm not asking people here to translate to Spanish - unless you know how! We'll get someone else to do that. I'm looking at the design element.)

I would like to help. : ) Is all the info/text going to be provided? And are there working files (Indesign, Illustrator, etc.) from the previous ones, or would it all be done from scratch?

I've made many things for print (brochures, posters, business cards, etc.) and web, so let me know what's needed, and I'll do my best to help!

Thanks both!! I'll be in touch with more details. To answer Kelico's question: we pretty well know the content. We need to translate it to Spanish, but we have people to do that for us. Unfortunately it seems we don't have the intermediate files from our previous designs. This is an excellent lesson: always ask your designers for the intermediate files not just the final ones. Of course in the heat of the moment, one is just thinking about getting the fliers printed, not about what will happen in other events years down the line.... oh well. *slaps wrist*

• 3 weeks later...

Kelico has been doing an awesome job on the design front. Both in putting together our logo for the main WorldPride website (good bit of visibility) and also all our leaflets! I'll post them when finalised. :) We just want to make a few edits.

Oh and Coles has been doing sterling work on the T-shirts... Everything is just about coming together!

*had tons of fun working on all the things* I'm so glad I could contribute! : ) 

Archived