Unsure about gender???

Thinkittys

Thinkittys

So, I have been questioning my gender for a little while now and I have noticed something that has been throwing me off track every time I try to find the right label.

(I like labels, having one means I am not the only one like me)

Sometimes I feel like a girl, just not a girly girl (If that's not gibberish to anyone).

Sometimes I can't figure anything out at all. How do you even know what gender you are anyway? Or if you even have one?

In a few rare situations I am quite girly, but those usually don't last very long.

In addition, I am DFAB so can I even be anything other than cisgender without completely switching (To a boy or nonbianary)?

Can someone less confused than I am help figure this out?  

Maybe genderfluid?

Good luck figuring things out. Welcome and :cake: !

AVEN #1 fan

Maybe you could just be a gender non-comforming tomboyish girl or an ambiguous genderqueer girl or a endogender girl/ femfluid or a demigirl (as they call synonymous for that). Do you feel comfortable being called a girl? Do you enjoy being perceived as a girl?

If you feel something else or don't feel like any kind of girl at all, maybe you're non-binary,  maybe you're librafeminine or agender or genderflux or cisgenderless or egender or virgender or graygender,

Thinkittys

Thanks people!

I think I might be Demigirl, Agender, or Genderflux.

Still not sure, It might take a bit of time.

Anyway, I have been learning some interesting terms through this research.

Didn't know if anyone would reply, so thanks again!

1 hour ago, Thinkittys said:

In addition, I am DFAB so can I even be anything other than cisgender without completely switching (To a boy or nonbianary)?

Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure the gender someone designated you at birth matters insofar as the reality between your ears goes?  I mean, I'd assume most non-cisgender people were designated improperly at birth by their parents (who at the time can only guess).  I certainly was DFAB, but that doesn't mean I ever was anything other than agender.  Society designated one thing, reality designated another.  Same would go for you, I'd think, unless you do happen to be cisgender :)

Demigirl is just an atypical girl, which isn't its own gender. Fluctuating girleyness doesn't mean one's not a girl either. As for telling what gender, simply what pronouns do you want used. He? She? They? Maybe you switch between female and non-binary (i.e. are genderfluid), maybe not. Maybe you just have moments where you're overthinking it lol.

@Star Bit A demi-girl is a girl, woman, or someone who is trans-feminine who feels that they're only partially a girl or woman, partially agender, and maybe partially a boy or man at the same time.

Then, from what I understand of it so far, someone who is genderflux ranges from feeling like they are completely agender sometimes to feeling somewhat male and/or female to feeling completely male and/or female.

In my opinion, there is a difference between those two gender identities and a girl or woman who always feels like a female but chooses not to conform to gender stereotypes or whose interests aren't totally feminine.

@Ocean Eyes (to your first paragraph) That's called being normal; everyone has an ounce of something else in their gender. And isn't genderflux and genderfluid the same thing? (to your last paragraph) And as said, that doesn't make two separate genders, they're the same thing. Being a tomboy or whatever doesn't mean someone isn't a woman. There's a spectrum of women and men but they're all still women and men.

@Star Bit

genderflux and genderfluid are not the same thing. genderfluid is an umbrella term and genderflux can fall under it, but they are not synonymous.

demigirl is its own gender, and not just "atypical girl". there's amab demigirls too.

pronouns don't equal gender, sheesh.

@Thinkittys being or acting stereotypically *girly* doesn't have to mean anything. If gender as a whole doesn't make sense to you and you can't make sense of how it applies to you either, you might be agender. Maybe flux between agender and girl. And yes, both make you not cis. Take your time. Just be however you feel most comfortable, maybe disregard labels for a while. And then try out if seeing yourself as a girl or as something else makes you more happy and comfortable.

AVEN #1 fan
2 hours ago, Star Bit said:

@Ocean Eyes (to your first paragraph) That's called being normal; everyone has an ounce of something else in their gender. And isn't genderflux and genderfluid the same thing? (to your last paragraph) And as said, that doesn't make two separate genders, they're the same thing. Being a tomboy or whatever doesn't mean someone isn't a woman. There's a spectrum of women and men but they're all still women and men.

Genderfluid = floats in btw genders , is umbrella term

Genderflux = floats inside gender and btw gendered and agendered

Yup, same thing

II agree with star, demigirl is just an gender non conforming  girl.

Archived