Where would you like to live in the past if it's possible?

Where would you like to live in the past if was possible ?   

115 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to live in the past if was possible ?

• Medieval castle
    • Ancient Rome
    • Ancient Greece
    • Ancient Egypt
    • Reneissance Europe
    • Palace/manor
    • King's court
    • XVIII century Europe or America
    • XIX century Europe or America
    • Belle Epoque
    • 20s and 30s
    • 68' and hippie period
    • Other
    • i wouldn't like to live in the past

This poll is closed to new votes

So, it's a poll about living in the past. How about me I'd like to live in king's court, palace in XVI ,XVII and XIX century  Middle-Easter Europe, especially Poland, Lithuania and Hungary. I also would like to live in Republic of Ragusa ( nowaday Dubrovnik, Croatia) and belle époque time as I love art and literature from this period.

I would have preferred being more immersed in 2000's culture rather than 2010's culture.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I would live in Ancient Egypt;Middle kingdom!

chair jockey

I'd like to be born today rather than nearly 52 years ago. Life isn't perfect for today's kids, but a lot of the shit I went through simply as a result of the primitive state of the art in health care and social attitudes back then would not happen today.

Anthracite_Impreza

Aptian-Albian period of Cretaceous North America. Cos Deinonychus! :D

deinonychus_antirrhopus_2015_by_delirio8

Not even joking, favourite dinosaur ever.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Just put me right into a dystopian future setting of Tokyo or Vancouver BC and I'd be happy :D I usually don't think about the past too much.

Can I change gender&sex though? 'cause I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be a woman in most of those, but a man might be cool ;)

andreas1033

I would rather have never existed, and someone else took my place on this planet.

But if i had to pick a time and place.

I would of preferred to have been a monk living in some monastery away from society a few centuries ago, the type where you take a vow of silence. I could of easily, from the age of 24 or so, never spoken to people ever again, and could of lived my life out in some monastery, the type where they take a vow of silence in the past.

Either a buddhist, or christian monastery as for me, they are the two best religions, that i share most with.

That would be my perfect life. Living as a mute, in some monastery, a few centuries back, with a vow of silence. A total asexual existence, and misanthrope existence. My perfect life.

I will always be glad, i was a misanthrope, and asexual, and living as a monk in some monastery with a vow of silence a few centuries ago(either buddhist or christian monastery), would of been my best idea of life on earth.

The past is kinda horrible all around , but maybe the Flower Power era, Woodstock would be a great experience....to buy all the first hand novelties and sell them in the future and make a fortune, muwahahaha!

Galactic Turtle

Realistically I'd want to stay in the present because as a black left handed woman things just get worse the further back you go and medicine is a good thing to have. XD

I do love 50's music though...

ShyFeather

I would like to go back and be Leonardo da Vinci's apprentice :)

19th century Vienna wouldn't be bad, they had a great music scene :)

I also have a fascination with the habsburgs though honestly the best time for me to be alive is now :)

Perhaps the 80's or 90's. Well, I was alive during the 90's but I was <8 years old; I think being a teen or young adult during that time would have been cool. Enough technological advancements to live comfortably, but still before everyone was glued to their phones. 

When I was a little kid I wanted to live in the medieval times, but now I'd be too paranoid about catching the bubonic plague or something. xD

I'd like to live in prehistoric times, it would be utterly fascinating to discover all the secrets of that time. Any ancient civilization would also be cool. 

I probably wouldn't want to live in the past because people didn't have a good sense of hygiene back then, and it drives me crazy just thinking about it. :P

But being a young adult during the 60s and the 70s would be a lot of fun, imo. Being able to go to a lot of Pink Floyd concerts is definitely a huge plus. *_*

Skycaptain

Ancient Greece and Rome 

Elftober Country

I'd go back to the golden age of piracy, but I'd be a nice pirate, like Guybrush Threepwood 8)

I wouldn't want to go back anymore then 10 years or so ago, just imagine the culture shock going back 100 or more years ago, it'd (likely) be bigger then if you just moved to some other part of the world, also there would be so many less things known in science and medicine and many things... now if I could go back for a day or so and then come back... I don't know where I'd go, there are many places that would be interesting... I'd probably go back to the iron age or further back though (but I wouldn't want to stay there very long..)...

To have been 16-18 during the '64 election would have been neat.

Another vote for the Mesozoic era.

Oh, I have to pick a time in human history? Okay, Enlightenment-era England, so I can hobnob in coffeehouses with the 17th century's coolest asexual, Issac Newton.

1st half of the 20th century in America, shooting for the FSA. - Otherwise I'd rather stay where I am.

Silk Bones

I'd like to live in Renaissance Europe and XVIII century Europe- present in Germany, Russia, Poland, and The United Kingdom. Then the 1700's-present all throughout Asia.

AspieAngel

I wouldn't want to go back in history to live but I'd be open to visiting. I think being Autistic back then would have been scarier for me considering when I was diagnosed as a non verbal we were still being put in institutions. I would be interested in visiting the medieval castles.

Following Through

If I had to it would be blazing trails through a jungle, pre wheel.

Though I chose 'ancient Rome', what I really would've loved to have seen is a 'time machine' option, so I could hopscotch around the timeline at leisure...just so long as my passing would be like the proverbial pebble in the river that would affect nothing at all.

Archived