identity/sexuality crisis?

sleepysusurrus

sleepysusurrus

this is my first topic here so please forgive me if this seems a little vague or anything like that.

i use she/her and they/them pronouns, and i'm not sure what gender identity i would be able to use for that. i don't know as many gender identities in the first place so i questioned non-binary for a little while before i decided that i wanted to continue using she/her pronouns as well.

as for orientation/sexuality, i know for a fact that i'm asexual currently, but i also don't know what label i would use to describe my orientation. i also questioned pansexuality for a while, but i'm not interested in males. i have a girlfriend, but i've previously found attractions to member's in the non-binary spectrum.

if anyone could provide any advice about this it would be greatly appreciated! thank you.

Welcome to AVEN!

My suggestion is that it would be a good a idea to do some background reading on different gender identities and asexual and aromantic spectrum identities, to see what might fit your situation.

Here's a thread outlining various gender-related terms:

For asexual and aromantic spectrum terms, the AVENwiki is useful:

http://wiki.asexuality.org/Main_Page

I would also recommend Julie Sondra Decker's book The Invisible Orientation: An Introduction to Asexuality as a good overview for the subject.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to follow up if you have more questions.

17 hours ago, sleepysusurrus said:

I use she/her and they/them pronouns, and i'm not sure what gender identity i would be able to use for that. i don't know as many gender identities in the first place so i questioned non-binary for a little while before i decided that i wanted to continue using she/her pronouns as well.

(to the bold) Nothing; that isn't a separate gender. It just means either a woman who's ok with being called with neutral pronouns or a NB who's ok with being called by female pronouns. Being an atypical woman doesn't mean one isn't a woman though.

17 hours ago, sleepysusurrus said:

As for orientation/sexuality, i know for a fact that i'm asexual currently, but i also don't know what label i would use to describe my orientation. i also questioned pansexuality for a while, but i'm not interested in males. i have a girlfriend, but i've previously found attractions to member's in the non-binary spectrum.

(to the bold) You just did; Asexuality. Unless you meant your romantic orientation. And 'asexual currently'? As in what exactly? You're open to things changing? Things did change and you nolonger desire sex? Being attracted to NB people doesn't change your orientation. If you're not into men then it means you're only into women. If you're into women and atypical men then that's still being bi/pan.

Archived