Little introduction and lots of questions

ladyazazel

ladyazazel

Hi ! Hello to everybody ! First of all, I'm really sorry if I make mistakes because english isn't my mother tongue ><

I'm Lady Azazel but you can call me Sarah. I'm 18 and as far as I know, I'm a girl !

I'm really new with all of this things about gender identity and sexual orientation. Actually I've never questionned myself until like 6-7 months ago.

I came to this website after a ton of researchs because I'm asking myself a loooot of questions and I have no one to answer it around me ! So I thaugh maybe some of you could help me here! 

I think I'm straight, because I like boys, even if I questionned myself a lot lately like "Do I really like boys ? Don't I prefer girls ?" (I've never been attracted to a girl, so I guess I prefer boys), " Do I feel comfortable in my female body ?" (I don't know about that, but still more yes than no )

But here is my "problem" (even if I don't really sees it as a problem) : I don't have any trouble with "flirting" and stuff, but when I came to think about having sex with an another person, it's like it's as funny as staring at a blank wall...

I don't have problem with masturbating, even if it's been like 6 months that I just don't want to (well, more like "I don't feel the need to "). I'm not repulsed by sex either, I draw NSFW stuff, make jokes about it. But when I think about it seriously I'm more like " meh :I not interrested "

I know it's stupid that I compare myself with my friends who don't asks themselves theses questions.. They are either straight or gay and they can be easily in couple without any problem.

While I'm 18, I've never been in couple my whole life, I like boys but I find sex as attractive as a pile of rock and I'm confused AF right now... (I know that I'm still young and it's not an obligation to be in couple at 18 years old, but I still feels "different" from the others)

Sorry for the long post and if I was annoying with my questions and my grammar x)

If anyone can help me get out of this fog of questions and confusions about myself, I'll be really REALLY thankfull !

Welcome!

It sounds possible that you are on the asexual spectrum. Asexual is merely the attraction not your actions. So perhaps you're somewhere on the spectrum. An asexual can masturbate and still be ace. They can look at and make NSFW pieces. Asexuals can be repulsed by sex, or not. 

If you discover you are on the ace spectrum then you can look at romantic attractions too.

You didn't give much on how you feel about your gender but you say their's some doubt? I'd advise you to look at demigirl (feeling partially connected to being a girl). Or maybe you are just a full girl, it sounds like your journey is in the early stages.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions! Good luck!

ladyazazel

Hi !

I think I'm happy as a girl, even if sometimes I have little doubts but not that much of a deal I guess. Thank you for your answers ! I'm going to search a little further on the asexual spectrum then to see where I might "fit" or not ^w^

Can you recommend me website or forums here where I can find useful information about that subject ? Thank you very much !!

1 hour ago, ladyazazel said:

Hi ! Hello to everybody ! First of all, I'm really sorry if I make mistakes because english isn't my mother tongue ><

I'm Lady Azazel but you can call me Sarah. I'm 18 and as far as I know, I'm a girl !

I'm really new with all of this things about gender identity and sexual orientation. Actually I've never questionned myself until like 6-7 months ago.

I came to this website after a ton of researchs because I'm asking myself a loooot of questions and I have no one to answer it around me ! So I thaugh maybe some of you could help me here! 

I think I'm straight, because I like boys, even if I questionned myself a lot lately like "Do I really like boys ? Don't I prefer girls ?" (I've never been attracted to a girl, so I guess I prefer boys), " Do I feel comfortable in my female body ?" (I don't know about that, but still more yes than no )

But here is my "problem" (even if I don't really sees it as a problem) : I don't have any trouble with "flirting" and stuff, but when I came to think about having sex with an another person, it's like it's as funny as staring at a blank wall...

I don't have problem with masturbating, even if it's been like 6 months that I just don't want to (well, more like "I don't feel the need to "). I'm not repulsed by sex either, I draw NSFW stuff, make jokes about it. But when I think about it seriously I'm more like " meh :I not interrested "

I know it's stupid that I compare myself with my friends who don't asks themselves theses questions.. They are either straight or gay and they can be easily in couple without any problem.

While I'm 18, I've never been in couple my whole life, I like boys but I find sex as attractive as a pile of rock and I'm confused AF right now... (I know that I'm still young and it's not an obligation to be in couple at 18 years old, but I still feels "different" from the others)

Sorry for the long post and if I was annoying with my questions and my grammar x)

If anyone can help me get out of this fog of questions and confusions about myself, I'll be really REALLY thankfull !

Welcome to AVEN, Lady Azazel! Here's some cake for you as a welcome gift: 🍰. In my opinion, you sounds like you might be heteromantic, but that's as far as I can help you with. I'm pretty new myself, so I can only help you with what I experience myself. You sound like you might only feel attraction to the male gender by desiring only romantic contact or interaction with only males. Or you could be aesthetically attracted, or even sensual attracted. Just trying to help...

ladyazazel
1 minute ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

Welcome to AVEN, Lady Azazel! Here's some cake for you as a welcome gift: 🍰. In my opinion, you sounds like you might be heteromantic, but that's as far as I can help you with. I'm pretty new myself, so I can only help you with what I experience myself. You sound like you might only feel attraction to the male gender by desiring only romantic contact or interaction with only males. Or you could be aesthetically attracted, or even sensual attracted. Just trying to help...

Hi ! Thank you very much for the cake, It's awesome ! <3

I'm taking notes thank you for your help o/  It's still helping me a lot !

I can't find it but there's an AVEN "master list" of definitions, hopefully someone else can link it. Otherwise for gender head to "Gender discussion" from the home page. And there's "Questions about asexuality" at the top of the home page.

It helped me a lot to just browse other people's posts and asking questions when I had them. 

If you have tumblr there are some blogs there that I've run across. Unfortunately I don't have any of those saved, but you might run across a few in your search. 

ladyazazel
1 minute ago, ReyGraves said:

I can't find it but there's an AVEN "master list" of definitions, hopefully someone else can link it. Otherwise for gender head to "Gender discussion" from the home page. And there's "Questions about asexuality" at the top of the home page.

It helped me a lot to just browse other people's posts and asking questions when I had them. 

If you have tumblr there are some blogs there that I've run across. Unfortunately I don't have any of those saved, but you might run across a few in your search. 

Okay ! Thank you so much for your help ! I'm going to check it out !!

8 minutes ago, ladyazazel said:

Hi ! Thank you very much for the cake, It's awesome ! <3

I'm taking notes thank you for your help o/  It's still helping me a lot !

I'm glad I can be of help. You sound like a cool person, so maybe we can chat on my topic? It's Friendly Chat with R3dTr1ckz. You could get a lot of help from my pals there. We're a weird bunch though, so don't say I didn't warn you! 😜

ladyazazel
2 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

I'm glad I can be of help. You sound like a cool person, so maybe we can chat on my topic? It's Friendly Chat with R3dTr1ckz. You could get a lot of help from my pals there. We're a weird bunch though, so don't say I didn't warn you! 😜

Thank you ! Yeah why not ? :3

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN!  :cake:

Do check out our Q&A forum. It's a great place to ask questions. I hope you find some answers here.

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

chair jockey

Social expectations exist for reasons that have nothing to do with any one person. They are intended to have a general effect on the whole population, and don't take individual differences into account. The expectation to pair off is related to maintaining a high enough birth rate for the population to keep increasing. The people who care about such things don't care if any one person finds a partner and has kids as long as enough people do and have enough kids. So don't feel like you have to meet social expectations just because they exist. If they don't apply to you personally, they just don't. Have the courage to be you, whoever you really are, because no other approach to life is effective.

Welcome to AVEN and enjoy your time here.

Archived