the tough choices game

chair jockey

chair jockey

The person above you has offered you a tough choice. Make the choice, then offer a different, tough choice to the person below you. Try not to make the choices too unpleasant, just somewhat challenging.

I'll go first.

Do you choose to feel smart but be stupid, or to feel stupid but be smart?

Not Active

I choose to feel stupid, but be smart. :)

Would you like to meet your idols, or be the most popular person in your area?

chair jockey

I choose to meet my idols. Being popular is a burden and a chore in reality.

Would you choose a million dollars with one year to live, or one dollar with a million years to live?

One year for me. Just travel the world and die. Million years is just an awfully long time.

Would you rather always have enough money but also huge debts, or never have much money but not have any debts?

chair jockey

Never have much money but not have any debts! Having money attracts sharks even when you're debt-free.

Would you rather never have a child or be the biological parent of the Messiah?

Scottthespy

Never have a child, but that's an easy one for me.

Would you rather go vegan, or do all your slaughter and collection of byproducts yourself?

I'm already a vegetarian so I'd rather go vegan 

Would you rather lose one arm but have the remaining one work more perfectly than ever,

or keep both arms but have them always stiff and extra clumsy?

Lose an arm.

Would you rather own pair of socks that lasts forever that you wear every day or have to wear socks every day but keep buying new socks.

The latter, I'm bare footed so much and also I like wearing tights so I definitely don't want to be stuck with socks on all the time

(do tights count as socks though? tights are slippery when bare footed though so that would be no good too)

Would you rather live somewhere that is constantly dark or live somewhere that is always so bright you need sunglasses?

I already live somewhere where it's dark for half of the year and it makes me depressed af.

Would you rather have your full name or a picture of you on all your accounts on the internet?

chair jockey

Picture. The technology to steal someone's identity based only on an image with no text is not quite here yet.

Would you rather eat a food you really dislike or skip the meal even though you have appetite?

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

I'll skip the meal. Already do that anyways :lol:

Would you rather die saving a stranger you don't know or live knowing that a stranger died to save you?

Not Active

Live knowing a stranger died to save me. :( 

Would you rather be stuck on an island with 5 hoomans or 5 doggos (or other creature of your choice).

Dogs. Isn't this supposed to be tough?

Would you rather have a job that you hate but that pays off well, or like your job and be just above poverty line (or so)?

nanogretchen4

Five humans.

Would you rather lose your ability to read and write or your ability to speak and understand speech?

nanogretchen4

Ninja'd. I'd rather have the job I loved and be broke, unless the lousy day job paid so well I could afford to work part time or retire early and do what I loved for free.

I rather lose the ability to speak and understand speech.

Would you prefer to die by drowning or burning?

Burning, I've heard it's strangely not that bad. 

Would you rather go to the past and possibly cause huge changes to your current life (butterfly effect), or go to the future and for sure cause huge changes possibly resulting at the end of the world?

chair jockey

Past. I dislike my present enough that I'd risk it.

Would you rather be lavishly rewarded  for shitty non-achievements, or not be rewarded at all for major achievements.

RhuinHruda

Oi! I started this thread ages ago. It's called "Would You Rather...?" And it's far superior, despite being dead and buried for approx. three years.....

And now I'm going to resurrect it. Because I'm petty like that. :P 

chair jockey
1 hour ago, RhuinHruda said:

Oi! I started this thread ages ago. It's called "Would You Rather...?" And it's far superior, despite being dead and buried for approx. three years.....

And now I'm going to resurrect it. Because I'm petty like that. :P 

Go right ahead. The more thread games the merrier! :)

chair jockey
On 5/24/2017 at 2:43 PM, chair jockey said:

Would you rather be lavishly rewarded  for shitty non-achievements, or not be rewarded at all for major achievements.

Bimp, as Inspector Clouseau put it.

On 5/24/2017 at 11:43 AM, chair jockey said:

Since I already played in RhuinHruda's thread..I'll answer Chair jockey's too :)

Not be rewarded at all for major achievements...because the achievements themselves would be the rewards.

Would you push a child out of the way of the proverbial oncoming bus knowing you would die instead, or would you do nothing and live with the knowledge that you could have saved that child?

chair jockey

I'd save the child. Rationally speaking I don't value my life much.

Would you choose to have the best feeling possible if that killed you instantly, or would you choose to feel only mildly good for many years?

Mildly good for many years, I don't view euphoria as a goal. Feeling mildly good would be a stable mood, and thus useful.

Would you rather lose the ability to perceive motion or distinct shapes. (Basically remove either all your magnocellular cells or parvocellular cells.)

chair jockey

Motion. That's a useful ability only to predatory animals, and I'm prey.

Would you rather dance until you dropped dead or never dance again?

3 minutes ago, chair jockey said:

Motion. That's a useful ability only to predatory animals, and I'm prey.

Would you rather dance until you dropped dead or never dance again?

I would rather never dance again then dance until I dropped dead...

Would you rather be ruled by ruthless tyrannical aliens or ruled by a strong, intelligent bunch of Super Roses?

RhuinHruda

Roses as in, like, the flower?

I guess the Super Roses, as you described the other ones as tyrannical and ruthless. That doesn't seem like a tough choice....

Would you rather eat ice cream (removing all issues of allergies or lactose-intolerance or animal-products) knowing you'll get a brain freeze every time, or never eat it again?

chair jockey

I'd eat it.

Would you rather get only three hours sleep and have to force yourself to wake up or just not sleep all night?

Not sleep all night. I have done both these things and the second results in me being more awake the next day.

Would you rather live in a house with no windows, or with the external border consisting of 90% window.

Archived