Research Participation Request: Relationship between engagement with academic research and (collective) identity

timewarp

Lisa Maria Ferent from University of Vienna has contacted us about the following project:

Dear members of the AVEN Forum,

I am currently writing my master thesis at the University of Vienna in the field of science and technology studies (STS), which looks at the entanglement of science, technology, and society. I am interested in the role that is ascribed to scientific knowledge about asexuality and the different ways people who identify on the ace/aro-spectrum engage with it: discussing research papers, building bibliographies, participating in studies.

My thesis aims to investigate the relationship between engagement with academic research and (collective) identity. Through qualitative in-depth interviews with members of this forum I want to answer questions regarding the conception of knowledge, identity, and experience. In this I am most interested in you telling me about your experiences with and thoughts about academic research. The only criteria for participation are that you are over 18 years of age and identify somewhere on the aro/ace-spectrum.

Participation involves taking part in a phone or video call with the researcher (me) via an instant messenger app such as Skype (should you happen to live in Vienna, I would also be happy to conduct the interview in person :) ). The interviews will last approximately 1,5 hours and recorded (except if you do not wish so). During the transcription process your data will be anonymized and only short quotes of the interview will appear in the thesis.

Should you be interested in participating in this research or have any further questions, I’d happy to answer them (a0953275@unet.univie.ac.at).

I am looking forward to your responses,
Lisa

This research request has been approved by the Research Approval Board for advertising on AVEN.

timewarp

Dedicated Research Contact

Archived