Sex-repulsed?

I saw that term coming back many times but am?

Like I read homoerotics novel, I read BL's manga, and I like imagining erotic fantaisies but I never act on it, nerver include myself in it either and like I got sick the only time I tried to have sex... 

Isn't it kind of contradictory? 

• Like 1
SamwiseLovesLife

I feel exactly the same. Personally I would call myself sex-averse, as like you I never want to be part of sex and the idea of it makes me sick (as did the time I tried it).

I do sometimes read novels/etc of a sexual nature and enjoy them, it just doesn't interest me to be part of it.

If I didn't ever like reading these I would be sex-repulsed, but averse shows that I am against it for myself, but not repulsed by the concept

• Like 3
dragon_nerd

I'm in a similar boat to SamwiseLovesLife. I have no problem with the mechanics of sex, I don't even mind talking about it too much. I sometimes read books which are explicit lets say and don't have much of a problem with it. But looking at people that have been sexualised or thinking about being sexualised myself makes me feel ill. I identify as sex averse because I'm not completely repulsed by sex but there is a part off me that feels ill at the thought of having sex, or being sexualised.

• Like 2

I feel the same to about sex. I don't see myself in this kind of situation. This disgust me and I don't want to be involved in this. Sex in fiction in other hand don't bother me at all. I read many fanfiction and BL mangas with this kind of content and this is not problem for me. 

• Like 1

That's definitely possible. A lot of people have fantasies about things they would never like to experience in real life, not just sexual ones. 

• Like 2
a minor triad

I think sexual-aversion can be seen on a continuum, kind of like introversion/extroversion. Seeing it on a continuum allows multiple variations of sex-aversion. So I think it is possible and not contradictory to experience what you are describing.

• Like 2