Uni and clubbing as an asexual= ANXIETY

nanogretchen4

I really don't enjoy clubbing. I'm an introvert, and although I'm not a teetotaler my drinking is pretty much limited to one beer or one glass of wine every couple of months. That's certainly not going to keep me entertained all night. Also I'm lukewarm about dancing, and I don't do well socially in situations where there's too much noise and rapid mingling to have a real conversation. And I'm demisexual, so it's not like I'm going to find love at a club. But that's okay, because I can choose social activities that work better for me, like study groups, book clubs, volunteer programs, political action groups, etc. Now that I understand this I can easily make as many friends as I have time and energy to hang out with. In fact draining my introvert battery is something I currently have to watch out for more than loneliness. Keep in mind that if you can only get to know someone by doing activities that you don't enjoy or have any interest in, you and that person probably don't have much in common. Get involved in activities you actually like and make friends that way.

• Like 1
Hermit Advocate

I'm a firm believer in the "I'm at uni to go to class and then hightail it home to my kitties." Try to look for group activities that don't include clubbing or parties, like @nanogretchen4 says, book clubs, volunteer programs, etc.