Achromatic Kitty's Feline Shenanigans

R3dTr1ckz

1 hour ago, dragon_nerd said:

I've got space cupcakes :) Anyone want one?

21c8f10ad23ae4bcb26f19e66376196f.jpg

Sorry, don't eat White Death.... https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/sugar-white-death/

dragon_nerd

Sugar is in everything. Cellulose is made of sugar, amylose, amylopectin, glycogen, lactose, even your DNA is made out of sugar. And it doesn't fuel cancer! 

7 minutes ago, dragon_nerd said:

Sugar is in everything. Cellulose is made of sugar, amylose, amylopectin, glycogen, lactose, even your DNA is made out of sugar. And it doesn't fuel cancer! 

My folks are REALLY against it and told/show me Doctors being killed for proving it does, 'cause the mainstream field doesn't want you to know it CAN and WILL kill you...

dragon_nerd

How will sugar kill you? If you don't eat sugar then you can't do aerobic respiration so ADP won't be phosphorylated into ATP so muscles like your heart and diaphragm won't contact, neurones wouldn't be able to communicate to each other, your cells won't be able to control the entry/exit of ions and molecules won't be able to enter the blood from the digestive system. 

44 minutes ago, dragon_nerd said:

How will sugar kill you? If you don't eat sugar then you can't do aerobic respiration so ADP won't be phosphorylated into ATP so muscles like your heart and diaphragm won't contact, neurones wouldn't be able to communicate to each other, your cells won't be able to control the entry/exit of ions and molecules won't be able to enter the blood from the digestive system. 

They only eat all natural is what I meant to say.... Opps!!! No artifical crap AT ALL... That's why I drink unsweetened iced teas and what not.... And eat all-natural products..... Also, DID you even READ the link AT ALL???

dragon_nerd

Yes, I did. It was mostly just fear mongering.

Sugar isn't actually addictive in the same way cocaine is. Cocaine in the long term forces the brain to produce less dopamine, sugar leads to a temporary spike in dopamine but the brain can easily return to normal levels of dopamine and sugar doesn't cause physical dependency and you can't get a hangover from eating sugar. Of corse rats are going to eat sugar over cocaine, sugar is food, it's a necessity and a rat is smart enough to know that.

Plus, "sugar rushes" are mostly (although not completely) due to the placebo effect. Children who were given sugary drinks but told that the drink contained artificial sweeteners rather than sugar didn't show sugar rush behaviour. Another group was given drinks with artificial sweeteners but told that it contained sugar and they showed sugar rush behaviours.

Diabetes isn't caused by sugar, its caused by overeating sugar. Increases in sugar consumption and decreasing exercise is what is causing the diabetes. This means that our bodies store the sugar as fat to be used later but it's never used. That is the problem. If sugar was causing diabetes then the quantity of sugar consumed wouldn't effect the number of diabetics. Too much of anything can kill you, this is like saying water is dangerous because drinking too much can cause meningitis and kidney failure.

Cancer is made up of undifferentiated or partly differentiated cells that are dividing uncontrollably-a bit like a blastocyst really but more dangerous. The main way that cancer kills is by disrupting the normal function of cells in a tissue or organ because they are undifferentiated. Sugar, doesn't effect this process. Yes, cancerous cells respire and use glucose to do so. But they also use oxygen. Maybe we should stop breathing oxygen to prevent cancer. After all, cancerous cells use oxygen to respire.

5 minutes ago, dragon_nerd said:

Yes, I did. It was mostly just fear mongering.

Sugar isn't actually addictive in the same way cocaine is. Cocaine in the long term forces the brain to produce less dopamine, sugar leads to a temporary spike in dopamine but the brain can easily return to normal levels of dopamine and sugar doesn't cause physical dependency and you can't get a hangover from eating sugar. Of corse rats are going to eat sugar over cocaine, sugar is food, it's a necessity and a rat is smart enough to know that.

Plus, "sugar rushes" are mostly (although not completely) due to the placebo effect. Children who were given sugary drinks but told that the drink contained artificial sweeteners rather than sugar didn't show sugar rush behaviour. Another group was given drinks with artificial sweeteners but told that it contained sugar and they showed sugar rush behaviours.

Diabetes isn't caused by sugar, its caused by overeating sugar. Increases in sugar consumption and decreasing exercise is what is causing the diabetes. This means that our bodies store the sugar as fat to be used later but it's never used. That is the problem. If sugar was causing diabetes then the quantity of sugar consumed wouldn't effect the number of diabetics. Too much of anything can kill you, this is like saying water is dangerous because drinking too much can cause meningitis and kidney failure.

Cancer is made up of undifferentiated or partly differentiated cells that are dividing uncontrollably-a bit like a blastocyst really but more dangerous. The main way that cancer kills is by disrupting the normal function of cells in a tissue or organ because they are undifferentiated. Sugar, doesn't effect this process. Yes, cancerous cells respire and use glucose to do so. But they also use oxygen. Maybe we should stop breathing oxygen to prevent cancer. After all, cancerous cells use oxygen to respire.

Obviously you didn't take the warning hint....

dragon_nerd

Or I just like practicing writing bio essays. :) 

7 hours ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

Obviously you didn't take the warning hint....

Let's move on before a shit storm happens.... I think people r already sour at me as it is....

6 hours ago, dragon_nerd said:

Or I just like practicing writing bio essays. :) 

Why do you write bio essays for?

Also, have you meet Mage (who may/may not turn into Packrat soon)?

dragon_nerd
1 minute ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

Also, have you meet Mage (who may/may not turn into Packrat soon)?

No, no I have not. Are they nice.

2 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

Why do you write bio essays for?

Biology A level

dragon_nerd

And this post is just to click notify me of replies :) 

2 minutes ago, dragon_nerd said:

No, no I have not. Are they nice.

Biology A level

???? What's A Level? Yes.... Mage is my laptop.... Don't know if you can nickname an iPod... Mage is one mean MoFo....

3 minutes ago, dragon_nerd said:

And this post is just to click notify me of replies :) 

???????????????????????????

brb I'm cooking my Breakfast....

dragon_nerd

You didn't go to a british curriculum school then? Weird how we always assume people do the same things we do. :\

A levels are the big exams you do at the end of high school. Universities use the grades you get to determine wether you can go there or not.

2 minutes ago, dragon_nerd said:

You didn't go to a british curriculum school then? Weird how we always assume people do the same things we do. :\

A levels are the big exams you do at the end of high school. Universities use the grades you get to determine wether you can go there or not.

I'm a Yankee, so that's probably why I never heard of A Levals....

dragon_nerd

Ahh.

15 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

Yes.... Mage is my laptop.... Don't know if you can nickname an iPod... Mage is one mean MoFo....

If you've named your computer you may as well name your iPod as well. Name it whatever you want 

1 minute ago, dragon_nerd said:

Ahh.

If you've named your computer you may as well name your iPod as well. Name it whatever you want 

Here's what my comp is: http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/catalog-product.jsp?prodId=15-AY068NR&gclid=CJu6oYmCk9QCFVGTfgodVMwEgA&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CI_v0Y6Ck9QCFRZ_fgodciAP1w

Also, what do you recommend for my iPod's name?

dragon_nerd

It looks nice, like the black aesthetic.

I've just got a MacBook

https://cdn2.macworld.co.uk/cmsdata/reviews/3601221/MacBook_Pro_Retina_2014_MG_1117.jpg

It looks like that^ but dented from all the times I've dropped it the poor thing.

Dunno, I don't name my stuff, particularly if its expensive and/or droppable. I'm very clumsy.

1 minute ago, dragon_nerd said:

It looks nice, like the black aesthetic.

I've just got a MacBook

https://cdn2.macworld.co.uk/cmsdata/reviews/3601221/MacBook_Pro_Retina_2014_MG_1117.jpg

It looks like that^ but dented from all the times I've dropped it the poor thing.

Dunno, I don't name my stuff, particularly if its expensive and/or droppable. I'm very clumsy.

NICE.... I name my stuff to give them personality 'cause I'm weird....

Hello, R3d! I'm new here. You seem like a cool person to talk to, so I'm replying to this topic.

I read the seven pages. I don't have much to contribute to the discussion, but here are some facts about me that are related to the discussions:

- I name my gadgets. My current computer is called JARVIS. I'm thinking of a name for the new one I will buy soon, but I have no idea. I will be getting a Samsung Essentials E34 in white (or black, if they don't have any white ones available, but I prefer the white one). I haven't named my phone yet - it's fairly new, I got it in July last year. My tablet is mostly forgotten, I don't use it much - it was supposed to replace the notebooks on classes, but many professors aren't comfortable with technological stuff in their classes because they think we keep surfing the web instead of paying attention to class, so I just kept writing on paper. My e-reader is just called "Pocket Library" since it's what it essentially is. I have more gadgets than I currently have friends.

- I eat mostly natural stuff as well, since I'm vegan. The only processed thing I eat is instant noodles, because I need a food that's quick to cook and serves one since I travel between cities often (twice every month), and can't afford to have leftovers. And I'm also on a low-fat food diet because I have problems with my triglycerides levels. They are fairly high and I need them to be lower in order to start hormone replacement therapy (that is, taking testosterone to start my gender transition).

- I used to like Evanescence a lot in my goth phase (I was like 12 or something). I don't listen to it anymore. These days I'm more about punk rock and post-punk and mostly British bands for some reason (I'm not British, though).

- Charmander is my favorite Pokemon.

- I discovered asexuality by searching "I don't want to have sex, now what" or something like that on Google. Sex talks make me very uncomfortable. I'm not sure if I'm sex-averse, since I write some sex scenes in my stories (although these days I'm getting uncomfortable writing them). I've never had sex and I don't feel the need to, but I have a partner and she is non-asexual, so I guess we will get to it eventually.

- I like cake. My favorite kind used to be chocolate with dulche de leche, but I can't eat it anymore since I'm vegan. So now my favorite is white cake with strawberries.

- I think cupcakes are overrated, but I will eat them anyway.

I guess that's all.

Now, a question: do you like dogs? I have two dogs: a yellow labrador retriever named Joca and a poodle mix named Billy. Billy is mostly my mom's dog, but he's the one that wakes me up in the morning when I'm too lazy to get up - he will open the door, go to my room, get on the bed and lick my ears. Joca is very big and loves giving me kisses on the lips and face. My mom thinks it's disgusting, but I like it. He also licks my hands and sometimes feet, for some reason. He's very lazy and eats laying down. Billy likes biting Joca's tail and ears, and Joca doesn't like that very much. I get to see them only twice a month since I spend most of my time in another city because of college. I miss my dogs.

19 hours ago, dragon_nerd said:

I've got space cupcakes :) Anyone want one?

21c8f10ad23ae4bcb26f19e66376196f.jpg

Uh, of course!!!!!!

dragon_nerd
4 hours ago, otachi said:

Now, a question: do you like dogs? 

They're ok, personally I'm more of a cat person but dogs are good too. Horses are better than both cats and dogs though! :D 

What did you do Lauren.

Animals are good.  I personally like cats more, though my family only has dogs currently.  

1 hour ago, dragon_nerd said:

What did you do Lauren.

I may or may not have dyed my hair crimson. I'm sorry for making such a big deal about it, I was just really excited. 

dragon_nerd

How can be uncertain, it's pretty obvious if your hair has changed colour. And congrats! I'm sure it looks really nice.

16 hours ago, otachi said:

Hello, R3d! I'm new here. You seem like a cool person to talk to, so I'm replying to this topic.

I read the seven pages. I don't have much to contribute to the discussion, but here are some facts about me that are related to the discussions:

- I name my gadgets. My current computer is called JARVIS. I'm thinking of a name for the new one I will buy soon, but I have no idea. I will be getting a Samsung Essentials E34 in white (or black, if they don't have any white ones available, but I prefer the white one). I haven't named my phone yet - it's fairly new, I got it in July last year. My tablet is mostly forgotten, I don't use it much - it was supposed to replace the notebooks on classes, but many professors aren't comfortable with technological stuff in their classes because they think we keep surfing the web instead of paying attention to class, so I just kept writing on paper. My e-reader is just called "Pocket Library" since it's what it essentially is. I have more gadgets than I currently have friends.

- I eat mostly natural stuff as well, since I'm vegan. The only processed thing I eat is instant noodles, because I need a food that's quick to cook and serves one since I travel between cities often (twice every month), and can't afford to have leftovers. And I'm also on a low-fat food diet because I have problems with my triglycerides levels. They are fairly high and I need them to be lower in order to start hormone replacement therapy (that is, taking testosterone to start my gender transition).

- I used to like Evanescence a lot in my goth phase (I was like 12 or something). I don't listen to it anymore. These days I'm more about punk rock and post-punk and mostly British bands for some reason (I'm not British, though).

- Charmander is my favorite Pokemon.

- I discovered asexuality by searching "I don't want to have sex, now what" or something like that on Google. Sex talks make me very uncomfortable. I'm not sure if I'm sex-averse, since I write some sex scenes in my stories (although these days I'm getting uncomfortable writing them). I've never had sex and I don't feel the need to, but I have a partner and she is non-asexual, so I guess we will get to it eventually.

- I like cake. My favorite kind used to be chocolate with dulche de leche, but I can't eat it anymore since I'm vegan. So now my favorite is white cake with strawberries.

- I think cupcakes are overrated, but I will eat them anyway.

I guess that's all.

Now, a question: do you like dogs? I have two dogs: a yellow labrador retriever named Joca and a poodle mix named Billy. Billy is mostly my mom's dog, but he's the one that wakes me up in the morning when I'm too lazy to get up - he will open the door, go to my room, get on the bed and lick my ears. Joca is very big and loves giving me kisses on the lips and face. My mom thinks it's disgusting, but I like it. He also licks my hands and sometimes feet, for some reason. He's very lazy and eats laying down. Billy likes biting Joca's tail and ears, and Joca doesn't like that very much. I get to see them only twice a month since I spend most of my time in another city because of college. I miss my dogs.

I've always been a male, so if you have any weird male questions, don't be afraid to ask me.... Even though I HATE sex talks, anything else male-related that'll help you transition easier will be my pleasure to answer! I love ALL animals as long as they don't try to maul my ass...

10 hours ago, LaurenGN said:

I may or may not have dyed my hair crimson. I'm sorry for making such a big deal about it, I was just really excited. 

I would love to see a pic of that! I don't dye my hair 'cause I don't want too... Also, my kin/friends say I have black hair...

dragon_nerd
27 minutes ago, CJcassandra said:

Space cakes!!!

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

This do? :D 

15 hours ago, dragon_nerd said:

They're ok, personally I'm more of a cat person but dogs are good too. Horses are better than both cats and dogs though! :D

Horses are majestic!

Lots of cat people here! My partner is a cat person, she has four or five cats (I can't remember the exact number). I've never had a cat, and I don't really like their habit of wandering off because I'd get worried if something happens to them. But other than that they are fine. I had a hamster once, but he (she? I never knew) didn't like me.

My dream pet would be a komodo dragon, but it's illegal and they're carnivore so it would probably eat me. I would love to have a snake if they weren't carnivore. Maybe I will get a lizard some day...

What's your dream pet? (it can be any animal)

dragon_nerd
24 minutes ago, otachi said:

What's your dream pet? (it can be any animal)

A dragon! :D 

Ok, but in reality probably a snake or a horse, maybe a cat. 

I currently have 2 desert tortoises and 9 fish.

Archived