Achromatic Kitty's Feline Shenanigans

R3dTr1ckz

The Dark Crystal was alright. They definitely could have done more though. 

1 hour ago, LaurenGN said:

The Dark Crystal was alright. They definitely could have done more though. 

Yeah, like not make it creepy as (f-word here) for kids. Hit and miss there, Jim Hensen... Sorry for look reply back. I was just browsing around on this site...

8 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

Yeah, like not make it creepy as (f-word here) for kids. Hit and miss there, Jim Hensen... Sorry for look reply back. I was just browsing around on this site...

It's good. I can't vouch for the creepiness of the movie because I've always kinda liked stuff like that. 

5 minutes ago, LaurenGN said:

It's good. I can't vouch for the creepiness of the movie because I've always kinda liked stuff like that. 

Don't think I didn't like the creepy aspect. It just my former foster sisters and brother were really scared from it when we watched it... I was 14-16 when I saw it? So yeah, I'm used to creepy stuff. Horror film/Tim Burton fan.

You know... I wonder how people view me currently... I think I made some good friends, but knowing me, I might make unintentional enemies. I don't believe in the term "frienemies". Your either friends or your not. Either you're buddy-buddies or brutally at each other's throats. You can't be both people.... I'm thinking out loud am I?

20 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

Don't think I didn't like the creepy aspect. It just my former foster sisters and brother were really scared from it when we watched it... I was 14-16 when I saw it? So yeah, I'm used to creepy stuff. Horror film/Tim Burton fan.

I can understand that. I'm a horror person mainly. I don't like much Tim Burton, though you'd think I would. 

4 minutes ago, LaurenGN said:

I can understand that. I'm a horror person mainly. I don't like much Tim Burton, though you'd think I would. 

To each their own as they say. 😉 Speaking of which, what horror genre(s) DO you even like? Just thinking around in the gnoggin... 🤔 (Not sure if I spelled gnoggin right...)

16 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

To each their own as they say. 😉 Speaking of which, what horror genre(s) DO you even like? Just thinking around in the gnoggin... 🤔 (Not sure if I spelled gnoggin right...)

Decently budgeted slashers are good. Survival horrors are also entertaining. I'm not a guru for specific horror genres, so I'm just naming ones I enjoy that I know of. What about you?

4 minutes ago, LaurenGN said:

Decently budgeted slashers are good. Survival horrors are also entertaining. I'm not a guru for specific horror genres, so I'm just naming ones I enjoy that I know of. What about you?

Not much on slashers due to not knowing many good ones other than Scream (Never Seen), Friday the 13th and NoES... I go go Monster, Psychological, Sci-Fi (I.e. Aliens and Predator series), and Supernatural on the top of my head... What's survival horror? You might need to refresh my mind to due storage of my brain...

14 minutes ago, LaurenGN said:

Not much on slashers due to not knowing many good ones other than Scream (Never Seen), Friday the 13th and NoES... I go Monster, Psychological, Sci-Fi (i.e. Aliens and Predator series), and Supernatural on the top of my head... What's survival horror? You might need to refresh my mind due to storage of my brain...

4 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

Not much on slashers due to not knowing many good ones other than Scream (Never Seen), Friday the 13th and NoES... I go Monster, Psychological, Sci-Fi (i.e. Aliens and Predator series), and Supernatural on the top of my head... What's survival horror? You might need to refresh my mind due to storage of my brain...

Does Disturbia count as a slasher film?

Survival horror is the like "out in the woods and there's a killer on the loose" kind of thing. "Hush" is one, though it might be more of a thriller. There is another one that would be a good example too, but for the life of me I can't remember the name. 

21 minutes ago, LaurenGN said:

Survival horror is the like "out in the woods and there's a killer on the loose" kind of thing. "Hush" is one, though it might be more of a thriller. There is another one that would be a good example too, but for the life of me I can't remember the name. 

Texas Chainsaw Massacre? The Thing? Eight-Legged Freaks? Do those count?

9 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre? The Thing? Eight-Legged Freaks? Do those count?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre might be, I'm not absolutely certain. The Thing would be, an Eight-Legged Freaks probably would as well. 

2 minutes ago, CJcassandra said:

I love that stuff!

I have Eight-Legged Freaks personally in my movie collection... Do any of you like Godzilla?

11 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

I have Eight-Legged Freaks personally in my movie collection... Do any of you like Godzilla?

Haven't watched it actually. Most of the older ones I haven't. I've partially watched Scream, but that's kind of it. I really want to watch The Shining and Nightmare on Elm Street. 

1 minute ago, LaurenGN said:

Haven't watched it actually. Most of the older ones I haven't. I've partially watched Scream, but that's kind of it. I really want to watch The Shining and Nightmare on Elm Street. 

Dude/Dudette, you NEED to see the Shining. It's a personal 10/10, but that's because I'm a Stephen King fan. Me and my Mom are currently waiting for the Dark Tower movie to come out so we can go watch together....

24 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

Dude/Dudette, you NEED to see the Shining. It's a personal 10/10, but that's because I'm a Stephen King fan. Me and my Mom are currently waiting for the Dark Tower movie to come out so we can go watch together....

I know!!! It's on Netflix, I just haven't taken the time to watch it yet. I'm a dudette, just to let you know. You can call me dude or whatever though. I don't care. 

16 minutes ago, LaurenGN said:

I know!!! It's on Netflix, I just haven't taken the time to watch it yet. I'm a dudette, just to let you know. You can call me dude or whatever though. I don't care. 

I was out getting mail... OK, I usually call people what they're most most comfortable with. What should I call you?

1 minute ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

I was out getting mail... OK, I usually call people what they're most most comfortable with. What should I call you?

Lauren is fine. Honestly though, it really doesn't matter. I come from California, where everything is "bro" and "dude." The sink faucet is "dude." The tv is "bro."

2 minutes ago, LaurenGN said:

Lauren is fine. Honestly though, it really doesn't matter. I come from California, where everything is "bro" and "dude." The sink faucet is "dude." The tv is "bro."

I may be a born Californian but I was raised an Oregonian, so Lauren I shall call you. You can call me R3d or Zack, either one's good...

I may be a born Californian but I was raised an Oregonian, so Lauren I shall call you. You can call me R3d or Zack, either one's good...

Ok. Staying kinda on the subject of horror, have you ever read any horror novels?

5 minutes ago, LaurenGN said:

Ok. Staying kinda on the subject of horror, have you ever read any horror novels?

I read many horror books. Stephen King, Edgar Allen Poe, the Classics, and some I can't remember on the top of my head...

I read many horror books. Stephen King, Edgar Allen Poe, the Classics, and some I can't remember on the top of my head...

I've been wanting to get into them. Not exactly those, more like Ted Dekker or Frank Peretti. Those two specifically co-authored the book I'm reading currently. It's called "House." I'm not very far into it but it's pretty good. 

1 minute ago, LaurenGN said:

I've been wanting to get into them. Not exactly those, more like Ted Dekker or Frank Peretti. Those two specifically co-authored the book I'm reading currently. It's called "House." I'm not very far into it but it's pretty good. 

What's House? Is it good? Is not the doctor show, right?

2 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

What's House? Is it good? Is not the doctor show, right?

House is a book. It's a horror about seven people who are lured into a house (hence the name) in the middle of the woods. The house has three rules.

1. God came into my house and I killed him. 

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God. 

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide. 

And the the story continues from there. I haven't got even to the house yet, so that's from the back of the book. 

2 minutes ago, LaurenGN said:

House is a book. It's a horror about seven people who are lured into a house (hence the name) in the middle of the woods. The house has three rules.

And the the story continues from there. I haven't got even to the house yet, so that's from the back of the book. 

It's a Do-It-Yourself horror book?

2 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

It's a Do-It-Yourself horror book?

No. It's a proper horror. 

18 minutes ago, LaurenGN said:

That sounds cheerful

Archived