• Announcements

• Kisa the Cat

World Watch Archiving Project

Hello everyone, Please read this thread before posting to World Watch Thank you.
    • S.Kellyton

New Team members Needed--Moderator, Declass, and Project Team: Voting   04/27/17

Voting has started. See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162280-new-project-team-member-needed-director-of-social-media-voting/     http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162282-new-moderator-member-needed-tea-and-sympathy-and-welcome-lounge-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162281-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/  
    • Kisa the Cat

Avenues PRIDE Special - Summer 2017   05/09/17

Hello AVENites! The newest edition of AVENues is now ready! July/August/September
Puck

Community Review on Puck the Mod (Started by Puck so this isn't calling out)

Puck   
Puck

I really wanted to name this "The Roast of Puck" but I figured that wouldn't set the tone I wanted, so I mentioned the potential title here in the first sentence instead. Clearly so much better!

Whelp guys, I have been a mod for a month. I still have a lot I'm learning but I'm interested to see if any of you had any constructive criticisms you would like to make me aware of.

Now, I am a narcissist so I will not tolerate any calling out of other admods. Alllllll about me here.

PLEASE remember that ToS is a thing so while constructive criticism is encouraged, insults are not (so instead of saying "Puck, you are an idiot" try "Puck, you often enter arguments when you don't seem to really understand the topic at hand. Could you do more research before stepping into these debates moving forward?")

Also, feel free to PM me if you have specific instances you want to talk about that you don't feel safe talking about in a public thread. My inbox is open to you.

If there has been something you have appreciated that I have done, I would love to hear it! If there is something that you would in general like to see me do as a mod, that's welcome too! But please avoid general complaints about the admod team as, once again, this is all 'bout me.

Also, the sections I am mod for is The Gray Area and The Sex Talk, so feel free to make comments specifically on how you'd like to see those forums improve :)

Let's find out if this was a terrible idea together, shall we?

tl;dr: Without breaking ToS or calling out other admods, how could Puck better serve you as an AVEN community member?

ThaHoward   
ThaHoward

I like your current avatar :P  

Puck   
Puck
Just now, ThaHoward said:

I like your current avatar :P  

I DO TOO.

I should lock this thread now, really I just wanted other people to tell me how great it is :D

♣Ryan♣   
♣Ryan♣

You were one of few who answered my questions, which I might ask more once i get more responses so I like you. I sometimes read your name as "Fuck" instead of Puck. I think Freudians might have something to say about....

Puck   
Puck
2 minutes ago, ♣Ryan♣ said:

You were one of few who answered my questions, which I might ask more once i get more responses so I like you. I sometimes read your name as "Fuck" instead of Puck. I think Freudians might have something to say about....

Interacting with the community is important to me and answering questions like yours I think helps, I am glad to hear it's appreciated :) Thanks for asking them!

Going to be straight, I think it's wonderfully funny that my name can be misread :ph34r: The pun possibilities are endless; What the Puck can we do with so many options?!

Graveful   
Graveful

I HEART PUCK 

No seriously, you're great!

Snaocula   
Snaocula

You post to threads on you forums to encourage positive conversation. You address members as their peers first before going to moderator mode. You are positive and supportive. You take the time to explain things in clear and respectful ways. You remind me of someone who used to be a chat regular, one...Josie P. :o

Puck   
Puck
5 minutes ago, Graceful said:

I HEART PUCK 

GRACE GRACE!! You are so sweet, made me smile :P I HEART GRACE BACK!

1 minute ago, Snao Çoñé said:

You post to threads on you forums to encourage positive conversation. You address members as their peers first before going to moderator mode. You are positive and supportive. You take the time to explain things in clear and respectful ways. You remind me of someone who used to be a chat regular, one...Josie P. :o

Thanks for giving me these details! I keep note of them to remember that these are things to always remember to keep up :)

And wow, this Josie P person sounds interesting, pity I didn't have the chance to meet them... :ph34r:

Ciri   
Ciri
26 minutes ago, Graceful said:

I HEART PUCK 

Having read the Puck/Fuck discussion prior to your post, I read this as:

"I HEART FUCK"

♣Ryan♣   
♣Ryan♣
2 minutes ago, Ciri said:

Having read the Puck/Fuck discussion prior to your post, I read this as:

"I HEART FUCK"

What the Puck? :o

TheAP   
TheAP

I think you're doing great. You've been a lot more helpful than me, helping to update old threads and such.

Puck   
Puck
8 minutes ago, TheAP said:

I think you're doing great. You've been a lot more helpful than me, helping to update old threads and such.

Hey, no need to compare :P You have been an awesome mod. I just am an organization lover so updating things is fun to me (weirdo that I am) ;)

But thanks for the compliment! I'm so thrilled I get to be on the team with you!

Serran   
Serran

Hmm. I don't know. You have this tendency to turn everything into a pun... I've yet to decide if I want to mark this under a pro or a con. ;)

But, as for your moderator style. You are active, you communicate with the users. You communicate with your fellow team mates well. You've volunteered for projects that you didn't have to. So, I'll rate you an A. You need some more seasoning to be more confident in your role, but that comes with time and experience. 

Puck   
Puck
18 minutes ago, Serran said:

Hmm. I don't know. You have this tendency to turn everything into a pun... I've yet to decide if I want to mark this under a pro or a con. ;)

But, as for your moderator style. You are active, you communicate with the users. You communicate with your fellow team mates well. You've volunteered for projects that you didn't have to. So, I'll rate you an A. You need some more seasoning to be more confident in your role, but that comes with time and experience. 

Well, all I can say is that if AVEN needs someone to speak on their behalf joke-wise, I would hope I could be considered as a potential PUNdit. I don't think I'd Puck it up :P

Thanks again for all the good points! I have taken note of them. But I'll never be confident in this role, I'm terrible at it :lol:

Edit: Now that I've had time to think about it and sprinkled some pepper on myself, I could see maaaaaaaybe gaining some confidence one day :D

Skycaptain   
Skycaptain

Your a great mod Puck :cake::cake:

A propunsity to try and find humour is a good thing and helps diffuse tension 

Puck   
Puck
25 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

Your a great mod Puck :cake::cake:

A propunsity to try and find humour is a good thing and helps diffuse tension 

A PUNctual pun as always from a fellow pun lover!

And thanks Skycaptain! I so enjoy being on a team with you!

SpoopyWorld   
SpoopyWorld

:lol: I often read your name as "Fuck" too.

Anyway, I think you do a phenomenal job as a moderator. You're engaged in conversation and answer people's questions. Your content is very clear, informative, and respectful to everyone. You created this thread, which not many staff members do, AND in site comments; props to you for your bravery. :cake: I love the puns, they always make my day and put a smile on my face.

For any comments for things I think you need to work on, I honestly don't have anything in mind at the moment. It may have been a month, but I still feel like I haven't seen enough just yet. Still, keep up the good work! :) :cake: 

Perkins   
Perkins

I believe you've settled into modding quite well, and I appreciate the light tone you often bring to situations so with a bit more experience you'll be solid.

HOWEVER I still feel like you are fostering that sort of behaviour...

Puck   
Puck
31 minutes ago, SkyWorld said:

:lol: I often read your name as "Fuck" too.

Anyway, I think you do a phenomenal job as a moderator. You're engaged in conversation and answer people's questions. Your content is very clear, informative, and respectful to everyone. You created this thread, which not many staff members do, AND in site comments; props to you for your bravery. :cake: I love the puns, they always make my day and put a smile on my face.

For any comments for things I think you need to work on, I honestly don't have anything in mind at the moment. It may have been a month, but I still feel like I haven't seen enough just yet. Still, keep up the good work! :) :cake: 

Thank you, I appreciate you saying so. If you knew how much time I spend rereading posts on more sensitive topics, you might laugh :D

It's early in my modship so I figured there might not be much people had to say criticism-wise, but I did hope that this might make people feel like they can come to me when I inevitably do something people aren't thrilled about. And, you know, incase I did Puck up early in my time here, might as well be told about it so I don't build on bad habits! Thanks for responding!

21 minutes ago, Danny* said:

I believe you've settled into modding quite well, and I appreciate the light tone you often bring to situations so with a bit more experience you'll be solid.

HOWEVER I still feel like you are fostering that sort of behaviour...

Oh you think I am, do you? I'll Contact you about it later :P And thanks so much for the encouragement!!

Cimmerian   
Cimmerian

No complaints so far. :P

Puck   
Puck
9 minutes ago, Cimmerian said:

No complaints so far. :P

Glad to hear, thanks for commenting!

Randomchaos   
Randomchaos

I think you are doing an awesome job :cake:

Nai, but spooky   
Nai, but spooky

Puck is pretty cool, and a precious bean. 10000/10

Puck   
Puck
49 minutes ago, Randomchaos said:

I think you are doing an awesome job :cake:

Thanks so much! It's a delight to be working with you!

43 minutes ago, Nai said:

Puck is pretty cool, and a precious bean. 10000/10

Aw shucks, if you think I'm cool, you have GOT to meet this guy on the team who's art is almost as incredible as he is :P Thanks for the feedback!

chair jockey   
chair jockey

Well, I haven't done a review of all your activity on AVEN, so my observations are based on what I've incidentally noticed (and the stuff you've personally helped me with).

Yu're very conciliatory and oriented toward keeping the peace while minimizing exercise of adversarial power, which is great, but I wonder what happens when the only way to do your job is to put your foot down and tell a member to cut the crap immediately or face discipline. Or what happens when you do have to discipline someone. (I was co-admin on another forum with about 50 to 100 active members, and our mods, whom we chose from the membership, kept quitting after the first time they had to impose discipline because it broke their hearts so much, so that's where I'm coming from.)

Puck   
Puck
18 minutes ago, chair jockey said:

Well, I haven't done a review of all your activity on AVEN, so my observations are based on what I've incidentally noticed (and the stuff you've personally helped me with).

Yu're very conciliatory and oriented toward keeping the peace while minimizing exercise of adversarial power, which is great, but I wonder what happens when the only way to do your job is to put your foot down and tell a member to cut the crap immediately or face discipline. Or what happens when you do have to discipline someone. (I was co-admin on another forum with about 50 to 100 active members, and our mods, whom we chose from the membership, kept quitting after the first time they had to impose discipline because it broke their hearts so much, so that's where I'm coming from.)

Thanks for responding :)

I do prefer to keep tensions low by attempting to hear all parties out and approach others as peers. I suppose I can't show you until it happens, but I can be authoritative when necessary. I have been in leadership positions before and needed to do in-the-moment discipline (such as a verbal warning to stop and action). I'd rather not, but of course, things can't always be rainbows and kittens ;)

I hope that reassures you. As I said, I can't show an example until something comes up, but I've posted some greenies that have allowed threads to calm down. Though, I usually try to post as a user in an understanding tone to see if that helps before throwing out the greenie :P

sculapius   
sculapius

I swear the next time you make a welding pun I will put an ice cream cone in front of you and force you to watch it melt away

Puck   
Puck
55 minutes ago, sculapius said:

I swear the next time you make a welding pun I will put an ice cream cone in front of you and force you to watch it melt away

Note taken, glad it exists ;) Thanks for commenting

chair jockey   
chair jockey

Well, if you have experience outside aVEN with administering discipline, then there's nothing for me to worry abut, is there? Thanks for the response.

Guest And Peggy   
Guest And Peggy

You got about 500 posts in a month, which must be some sort of record :P 

Puck/Fuck is a good mod :lol: