So, I think I'm in love with another asexual

OrangesAndLemons

OrangesAndLemons

I'm pretty certain I'm asexual myself, so the sex isn't the issue.  The issue is that I think I've fallen in love with a close friend of mine, who I've crushed on for a while.  He claims to be aromantic, but I do know for a fact that he had a crush on a girl in our classes for a while (I quite like this girl; no jealousy there.)  I don't know if he still likes her.  He doesn't continue to display those kind of feelings towards her, but I have no proof or facts supporting that statement, only my own observation.  I feel like he might like me back, and a lot of people tell me his behaviour is classic mature-guy-likes-girl behavior.  He gets incredibly nervous around me, whenever he sees me his eyes light up and he grins, he always wants to hear about whatever thing is new in my life (I'm always adding to my qualifications), etc.  Yet, he has this tendency to have a disorganised kind of attachment to me; very friendly and eager to talk to me, then he withdraws.  He's a really good person: sweet, gentle with me, has solid morals, and just generally someone I could see myself settling into a life with.  I know he has problems, and I know of his problems, and I am well aware he isn't perfect, although he tries to be.  Next year, however, I leave for the opposite side of Australia to join the defense force.  He will be staying in the state we are currently in.  I just really like him and I do think I might love him, and I don't know what to do about it.  I don't even know for certain if I'm just seeing what I want to see.  

Edit: I know this to sounds so simple, but I truly have no idea what to do.  

talk to him about it. be awkward about it, too. like  draw a picture of his face, paste it to cardboard and cut it out, and hold it with a white knuckle grip while you ask him some questions.

OrangesAndLemons
4 hours ago, gisiebob said:

talk to him about it. be awkward about it, too. like  draw a picture of his face, paste it to cardboard and cut it out, and hold it with a white knuckle grip while you ask him some questions.

Wouldn't that be weird, and creepy?  If its an inside joke, I'm very new to this forum so I don't get it.

all my jokes are inside me, although sometimes they spill over or someone does their research. feeling weird and creepy is the name of the game and sometimes it's better to dunk yourself than wade in comfortably. its all about actually doing something instead of just considering it, and thats what happens when someone wades in a lot of the time - just considering it is what feels comfortable.

OrangesAndLemons
20 minutes ago, gisiebob said:

all my jokes are inside me, although sometimes they spill over or someone does their research. feeling weird and creepy is the name of the game and sometimes it's better to dunk yourself than wade in comfortably. its all about actually doing something instead of just considering it, and thats what happens when someone wades in a lot of the time - just considering it is what feels comfortable.

That makes a lot of sense.  Thank you so much :)

Anime Pancake

If you want to know how he feels about you you can tell him how you feel. Or continue the cute friendship.

Archived