Pride items for the people in the closet?

MxMoose

Heyo! I was just wondering if people have any good examples of Pride Items that are very subtle?

I am an asexual in a very religious family and I really want to have something that I use to feel connected to that part of my identity.

Im kinda new to the asexual community, ( I've identified as asexual for awhile but I haven't really interacted with the community) so I don't know if there are very subtle things for showing ace pride. anywho I would love some help if people are up to it! Thanks!

Th3Absurd1ST

I haven't talked about my asexuality with family members yet, mainly because it's none of their business. I once went to a family reunion dressed in grey pants, white dress shirt, black sleeveless vest with a black/white/purple tie. Looked dashing and was secretly proud to wear the colors. I know some people get nice ace colored socks or bracelets. Otherwise, add some monochrome (white/grey/black) and purple to your wardrobe!

patronusmagic

The black ring might be too obvious? Though I have worn mine for 6 months and nobody has asked me about it. :) 

48 minutes ago, patronusmagic said:

The black ring might be too obvious? Though I have worn mine for 6 months and nobody has asked me about it. :) 

I've had my ring for about 1 and a half years to 2 years and noone has noticed it.

Luftschlosseule

How about a shirt with cake on it, simply cake?

Honestly, most people don't know about asexuality in general, but you can wear the black ring, but I've seen some cool shirts on redbubble, I'm pretty infatuated with the "Kinsey's x" shirt, on Look Human, the only ace subtle shirts I saw were the coat of arms shirts.

Not sure if this would be your thing, but I bought some stuff a while back from a shop on Etsy that sells badges and so forth with My Little Pony and Pokemon characters on.  The characters are most prominent but if you're in the know and look closer you can see that the backgrounds are pride flags that coordinate with the individual character. I thought they were fun and struck a good balance between the affirmative and the discreet.

8 hours ago, Th3Absurd1ST said:

I once went to a family reunion dressed in grey pants, white dress shirt, black sleeveless vest with a black/white/purple tie.

That sounds awesome! I love wearing suits with a distinctive tie, and now i may have to buy such a tie! Thanks for the fashion tip! Haha

Almost bought a grey, purple and white scarf once. My life is full of regret now.

If you want to be exceptionally subtle, for years, I have carried around an ace of spades in my wallet. It's mostly a note to myself, although I later realized an ace of hearts may be more appropriate. It's subtle enough that only people who I am pretty close to notice. If someone notices who I don't want to explain it to, I lie and say having a playing card with my credit card is a pun.

I have a gray/purple/black scarf that I wear a lot when the weather's cool.  Nobody has asked, but I like to imagine a fellow ace will ask about it someday. 

I also wear a ring that I kind of associate with my asexuality, but it's not a black ring.

Thanks for all the cool ideas folks! I actually didnt know about the black ring thing until now, that should probably be subtle enough for me ( not sure about it tho Ive never been a big fan of rings but hey Ill give it a shot) as for just ading more purple and stuff too my being, that is also an option purple black and grey are some of my favorite colors.

If you don't actually want to wear the ring you could put it on a necklace right?  Or is the finger you put it on part of the symbolism?

ive got a ring, m mom only asked about it cause it was new, i just told her that i saw it at the store nd liked it and that was that

Heya~

I just found one of those(I actually have one...somewhere in the chaos that is my room):

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_ntc3wbro251sdaudh_540.jpg

...they are perfectly subtle and you can carry them around for yourself...maybe even make a necklace out of them...

The only thing to do, is to search for one with the perfect pattern^^"

EggplantWitch

Anything with ace flag colours is game, unless anyone you're in the closet from is very well read on LGBT+ community stuff and all the pride flags associated with it (which sounds highly unlikely). For example, I have a T-Shirt I got on redbubble that has Captain America's shield on it, but in the ace flag colours - to anyone who knows who Captain America is but not asexuality it's just a palette swap. Here's the link, in fact! I had mine printed on a black shirt rather than a white. Check out places like redbubble, etsy and society6 and see what comes up when you search for stuff like 'ace pride' or 'asexuality'!

Janus the Fox

An Asexual flag lapel pin is enough to say you're in some part asexual, without saying anything.  With experience with a few lapel flag pins and awareness ribbon lapel pins, few will ever question it, although such experience is within completely accepted diversified social groups anyway.  Could also be some way to be slightly more out to whom recognize the flag at a minimum.

Then again I'm of the type that wear a full collar and leash in public as part of a statement of how different people are.  At an upcoming local pride though, there's no limit full fetish set-up, full Asexual, Bisexual flag pins, male cancers, hiv and victims of domestic violence in gay relationships awareness  pins, lots of fur, collar and leash with the boyfriend, all the while being rather out and knowledgeable and be part of all these groups and being proactive in pride rather than be the audience if I could.

Salted Karamel

I dress in black, white, purple, and gray almost every damn day and no one has ever asked me if it meant anything lol. This is also the color scheme of my bedroom and everything in it. Although to be fair, I just like the colors, too.

Lighting is making the purple scales look blue but this is the bracelet I made for myself. It's not been noticed yet but it is very similar to my usual clothing colours anyway! Even so, it's just pretty, and I like it, which is what counts. 
Much more subtle than a flag pin or something too

PwiqgSA.jpg

Archived