My ideas of romantic or platonic hangouts

Someone Else

Someone Else

Something like seeing waterfalls, or dinosaur footprints.  Both are fairly wondrous to me.  Better than the things I normally think of as dating cliches, at least. 

Waterfall, glacier, kayaking, hiking, snowboard, mountains, flowers, trees,etc. :D:D:D

Someone Else

I love the serenity and beauty of nature, and it's great to be able to share it sometimes. 

I don't consider myself romantic. But my idea of a "platonic hangout" (in the sense of a non-date) is anywhere the people involved can find out more about one another's character/personality. That might be a place where observing / discussing one another's reactions to some thing, place etc reveals aspects of character, or alternatively a place where it's possible to talk freely with the other person about any topics, without worrying that other people might hear the conversation. 

I love the idea of platonic Hangouts, especially in group settings, unless the said person is a best friend- I'm a bit iffy about hanging out with people who don't realize I'm aro ace, because I'm my experience they catch....the feelings *shivers:mellow: and I'm left awkward with this friend who likes me, but I don't like people so....

Archived