1. 1. Are you asexual?

• Yes
    • Not asexual, but on the ace spectrum
    • No
  2. 2. Do you have a libido?

• Yes
    • No
    • Negligible/fluctuating/unsure
  3. 3. Do you have a time of the month? (aka moon time, special visitor, aunt flo, etc.)

• Yes
    • No
    • Prefer not to say
  4. 4. Do you like chocolate?

• Yes! I loooooove chocolate!!
    • I like it
    • It's so-so
    • I dislike it
    • Eww, I hate chocolate!!
    • I don't/can't eat chocolate
  5. 5. How often do you get chocolate cravings?

• Very often, like practically all the time!
    • Often
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Never
    • I don't/can't eat chocolate
    • Not sure what a craving feels like
  6. 6. In general, do you get cravings for specific foods?

• Yes
    • Yes, but very rarely or only for something super specific
    • Yes, but only during hormonal changes (moon time, pregnancy, birth control, etc.)
    • Yes, but I ignore/don't care about them
    • No
    • I have never gotten a craving for a specific food
    • Not sure what a craving feels like

This poll is closed to new votes

RoseGoesToYale

My family was sitting around talking about addiction when the subject of chocolate came up. My grandma said she sometimes takes side trips to the store just to get chocolate, and that for a while she and grandpa were hooked on chocolate cereal. I already know my stepdad is a total chocoholic. But I still can't understand what the pull is about chocolate. I mean, it tastes good, and I'll eat it if it's offered, but I rarely ever buy it and don't want too much of it. Last I ate a box of Pocky and didn't want chocolate again for weeks. I've never gotten a chocolate craving, and very rarely do I get any kind of food craving at all (usually for fish... I know, I'm a weirdo). I'm wondering what the correlation is between asexuality and food cravings. Not just chocolate... are there any foods you find yourself craving?

(A few other notes... my libido is very low, not sure if that has any influence... and I've never had any cravings associated with time of the month)

that._.irish._.guy

I love chocolate... But I can't eat it... :(

giphy.gif

I like chocolate... a lot... though less then I used to, but I think that's because I've kinda forced myself to not eat it so much, so now I crave it less... There was a time when I ate way way to much chocolate though, I don't even know how I ate that much when I was younger, now if I eat to much, like a bar or more, I feel terrible and bloated, which is I guess good, convinces me not to eat to much :lol: ... I do eat chocolate cereal every morning though, corn flakes just aren't as good -_- ... 

I sometimes get actual cravings, usually when I'm stressed or something, usually in that case it for cookies, ice cream, chocolate or toffee candy... and I usually do my best to ignore them, because if I eat a bunch of candy when I'm full, then you get a stomach ache and those aren't pleasant XD... 

I'm a simple guy, usually living the stocktaking diet; i.e. I eat what I like most when it is at hand. OTOH I tend to be too lazy to get up and go groceries shopping when it is avoidable. Knowing there are rice and instant noodles is a good reason to spend a Saturday entirely online instead of doing a groceries dash. - I tend to buy some before work during the week. 

If there is chocolate, a chocolate binge could happen or 200g might poof per day. Same about gummi bears or French fries. Chocolate ice cream would be pretty endangered too. I'm too fat and I know myself, so I don't stock lots of regular priced yummies. Each other week I buy chocolate or ready made tuna sandwiches or similar. But I need to be in a supermarket to get the craving. - I guess I'd never be tempted to buy overpriced Mars bars or similar at a gas station. 

Sometimes I am fighting inner battles to ride past the yummy Turkish fast food place.

So I'd say: I am barely ever driven by food cravings.

Anthracite_Impreza

Total chocaholic here. Also, anything with sugar. Like, to an unhealthy degree.

I love chocolate! I don't crave it all the time, though. I sometimes do crave other specific foods. It's usually not a big deal to me if I end up not getting what I'm craving right then. It mostly just surprises me. Like, I'll crave some weird food combo. As an example, I found out that peanut butter and pickle sandwiches were amazing when I had that sort of craving at first. 

To answer the other questions: I'm ace, have a libido, and I don't have my 'monthly friend' anymore. That last one is mainly because of the birth control I'm on. Technically, for me, it's not for birth control, though...It keeps me alive. I'm not sure if I had more of a craving for chocolate when I had it than I do now. It's probably the same.

Grumpy Alien

I'm that fish from Spongebob when it comes to chocolate.

403adabbf4ebc52abc7344a01ada9ddb.jpg

SamwiseLovesLife
15 hours ago, XYZ96 said:

I like chocolate... a lot... though less then I used to, but I think that's because I've kinda forced myself to not eat it so much, so now I crave it less... There was a time when I ate way way to much chocolate though, I don't even know how I ate that much when I was younger, now if I eat to much, like a bar or more, I feel terrible and bloated, which is I guess good, convinces me not to eat to much :lol: 

Saaaaaaaaame

Put myself off by way of overindulging.. (lies, I still eat a little, though 100% so it's healthy)

ChillaKilla

I never understood the AFAB chocolate craze. I eat too much and I get a stomach ache- can't even eat half a Hershey bar in one sitting most of the time. Though I drink a royal boatload of chocolate milk but that's diluted.

I love chocolate and I can be really disgusting when it comes to chocolate. 100gr are no problem for me though I try not to let that happen often.^^ 

Toothlesss

I will never go back to eating the highly commercialized, highly sugarized "chocolate".. it's not even a big amount of the real cacao that's in those, and besides, as much as I like Reece's, it's FAR TOO SWEET for my tastes (cept Reese's Pieces, the sole exception).. 

5 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

can't even eat half a Hershey bar in one sitting most of the time

By US law they are required to only have 11% cacao..the rest is just loads of sugar. :( 

If I'm going to eat chocolate, it may as well be one of those bars that has 65% or more of real cacao in it.  It tastes so much better than the watered down/sugared up huge commercial brands.  

6 minutes ago, Toothlesss said:

I will never go back to eating the highly commercialized, highly sugarized "chocolate".. it's not even a big amount of the real cacao that's in those, and besides, as much as I like Reece's, it's FAR TOO SWEET for my tastes (cept Reese's Pieces, the sole exception).. 

By US law they are required to only have 11% cacao..the rest is just loads of sugar. :( 

If I'm going to eat chocolate, it may as well be one of those bars that has 65% or more of real cacao in it.  It tastes so much better than the watered down/sugared up huge commercial brands.  

11% cacao? How is that allowed? :blink: Also, I love love love 70% or up cacao chocolate. 

Toothlesss
Just now, Kelpie said:

11% cacao? How is that allowed? :blink: Also, I love love love 70% or up cacao chocolate. 

It's the US... :(   They like to make sub-par chocolate.... :/ 

I think that chocolate is reasonably good, but I don't get the hype that it's sometimes accorded. Of course, I'm not a dessert person in general. So I've never really gotten AVEN's cake theme either!

RoseGoesToYale
4 hours ago, Kelpie said:

Apparently FDA regulations state chocolate only has to contain 10% cacao to be officially considered "chocolate". I can hear Swiss and Belgian confectioners screaming already...

When I eat chocolate, I try to eat dark. If I can, I look for savory kinds (sea salt or chili and almond)

WinterWanderer

Food cravings are the only kind of craving I get. :P

That being said, I don't really get chocolate cravings. I crave sugar all the time, though.

Chocolate, bicycles, and coffee are the three *top* human inventions in my book :) 

• 1 month later...
J. van Deijck

I just like chocolate.

I must admit I had a real chocolate craving two days ago and I ate a lot, but it has happened to me for the first time in almost two years. I used to have more of such cravings as a child, but the older I am, the less of sweets I eat - not because I restrict myself, but because I just have no appetite for sweets. I don't even know why. it kind of vanished in the last couple of years.

I wonder if living with my boyfriend might be some influence to me or whatever, because he doesn't like sweets at all and doesn't eat them. from what I know, he doesn’t suffer from any illness that would forbid him eating sweets at all. he just simply doesn't like them.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Mhmmm yessss I'm such a total chocolate addicted demigray cyber ace :P Would kill on instant just for the right package or brand ( which will NOT be mentioned here for obvious reasons *lool*)

*starts drooling onto the floor with a mad graving look on her face*

chrys_silver

I like chocolate, a lot, but I can live without it and I rarely crave it. When I do get cravings, it's for savory food, not sweet.

Always amazed my sister, how long I can make easter chocolate last. I'm like a squirrel when it comes to chocolate, store it for a rainy day.

Hermit Advocate

I crave chocolate ever single day. Put it in front of me and I'm liable to eat it. 

I don't like chocolate a whole lot, but sometimes I crave it. It also helps me with digestion and intestinal cramps. 

cavalier080854

I was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic, so that is a no. Though just as an amputee still feels the leg still being there, I feel the lure of chocolate, just like the song "When I'm calling You".:blink:

• 1 month later...

I dont care for chocolate. I am totally alone in this? I mean I dont hate it, but I dont particularly like it. I dont eat it because if Im going to eat junk food, which is rare, I want it to be something I really enjoy. Does white chocolate count? I like that.

• 9 months later...

@RoseGoesToYale

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived