• South America
    • Antarctica
    • Australia and New Zealand
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • Oceania
    • Arctica

This poll is closed to new votes

I put New Zealand because...Lord of the Rings :) 

I've been lucky enough to have traveled a bit of this world, and have lived in a few 'exotic' places. Right at this moment I must say that, even though I'm bitching a lot about the heat, I do love the desert southwest city I've been living in for quite a few years now. It is truly a diverse place, with glorious and unique natural scenery, a very laid-back vibe, and a world-renowned food scene. I think, though, that when my last little foster dog passes 'over the rainbow bridge', I will probably resume my gypsy ways and do more travelling.

Honestly these days I'm gravitating more toward a city (small-town syndrome pierces deep). Maybe not some monstrosity like NYC, but a pretty seriously developed one. As far as continent, I guess I'll stick to North America. 

SpaceDustbin

I'm pretty happy in Europe.

I don't even want to think about all the visa hassle when you plan to move elsewhere :lol: Holidays, fine, but not permanently moving away

If I had to stay in the US, along the West Coast sounds nice. If I could leave the country I'd probably go to Australia to be near a friend. But I'd ideally like to travel all over and experience as many places as possible.

I'd probably like to stay in Scotland (Glasgow) but maybe have a nice wee winter home in Europe somewhere, maybe Spain, Portugal or Italy way. If I had to move away from Scotland, and stay based in 1 place, maybe Germany.

Outside of Europe, Tokyo would interest me, but heard that work life balance is really bad in Japan.

SamwiseLovesLife

I'm planning to move to New Zealand in the next few years :)

I'm fine staying in the US, I just wouldn't mind getting out of Expensifornia. I have out of state relatives whose freaking house payments are lower than the rent for my one bedroom apartment.

drjohnhwatson

I voted Europe, Asia, and Australia/New Zealand.  I honestly would love to live pretty much ANYWHERE in Europe, but especially Scotland.  Good weather, good temperature (well, relevant to MY interests, anyway), and a good hub for visiting other countries.  It's just pretty impossible making that realistic.

:unsure:.

Either Boston or DC, but I'd also want a concealed carry permit, so probably somewhere close outside of either of those cities.

chrys_silver

New Zealand, Scotland, Italy, Sweden or Canada (which I forgot to include on the poll. Oops). I'd probably be better off visiting though. I've grown up where it's warm, I need the sun.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2017 at 3:19 AM, yourcaptaiin said:

Either Boston or DC, but I'd also want a concealed carry permit, so probably somewhere close outside of either of those cities.

My family moved around a lot during my childhood, and Boston was absolutely one of my favorite places to live.... good choice! I'm actually moving back there soon because my whole family missed it terribly. 

The U.S because there's more freedom, independence and opportunities available than on my island regardless of how much ppl born there make it sound awful I'd be happy to trade. I'd probably live where my family are in NC or WA though I'd like NYC.

Either the Buffalo National Wilderness or rural South Carolina or rural Pennsylvania.

• 2 weeks later...
Anomaly Q3Xr

I am happy where I am (UK).  I'd like to move back to Scotland (I live in England), or maybe move to Wales.  Abroad, I'd like to live in Canada, Scandinavia, or New Zealand.

Strawberry ice cream

I am happy where I am. Europe. Very special place where is the meetpoint of three countries. I think there  is only several such a places in the world.

I'd really like to live, even for a short time, anywhere in Europe. I've visited and always amazed with the history and cultural. Be pretty cool.

I'm fine with staying in North America, I live in the USA. Europe would be nice to, I've always wanted to go to Italy.

I've always wanted to move back to CA but I doubt I will. I'd live anywhere people speak english or French that isn't a third world country. 

Rainbow-Unicorn

For the greater part of my life I dreamed of living abroad.

I'm from Germany (and still living there). The idea of the country I would like to live in changed over the years, but the wish itself never stopped.

For now (and most of the time during this want-to-life-abroad-period) I prefer English-speaking-counties, since I really like that language.

So I decided to move to Ireland one day.

That's a hard question. For one, there are many places I would like to live, just not forever (maybe a few months or years). But I spent a few months in Spain recently and, as much as I loved it, I got pretty homesick (for America), and decided it might be harder to live somewhere else than I previously thought. I still love travel and foreign languages though, and would love to spend an extended amount of time in Ireland, Norway, Japan, and possibly other places. 

Apathetic Echidna

I want to stay in the land of Oz because I get ridiculously homesick for noisy birds and the sense of personal achievement for dealing with the venomous spiders I find in/around my bed/house

J. van Deijck

On another planet.

I really like Japan's culture of politeness and being efficient with small spaces. I want to live there.

i would love to live in New York City. i know that's a popular spot but i'm starting to understand why. since i don't know how to drive, and don't plan on learning how to, New York is the place for me! everything i'd ever need would be within walking distance and having a car would just cause more trouble for me because of limited parking and all of that! 

I find comfortable living where I do, but if I had to choose, I'd stay in Europe. But please, in a not very cold place, I'm not good at standing cold weather!

Archived