Annoying comments or questions you (often) hear

kani

J. van Deijck
17 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

sh*t man . is that girl living under the rocks for so long she don't even know what a dog tag is ?! 

*facepalm and faints*

I was wondering about the same. :blink:

Like,  okay, she's a person who was able to spend 800 PLN at once just to get a permanent make up on her lips, but really. even some people who care about their appearance see more of the world. ._.

16 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

I hate everyone who do this misgendering binary cr*p . 

me too. ._. I'm not agender,  but being mistaken for female when you're a quite masculine guy is not funny either ._.

especially when it makes you targeted by horny straight men. it's downright disgusting.

*hugs to you* for me people are genderless by default, life would be easier if people stopped making assumptions based on what they see. eyes can be easily fooled.

J. van Deijck

ooh, and judging. 

I've heard many times that I'm weird or stupid just because of my interests, and I've heard it from variety of people, including my own family.

can you stop judging what you don't understand?

20 minutes ago, Homer said:

"Let me tell you that story about when my train was 10 minutes late that one time in 1964..."

I'm guessing that this came from somebody who is public about absolutely everything that happens in their life? Can't stand these people.

J. van Deijck
14 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

you totally got what I am saying !! 

Yeah I agree with you so much 

*hugs* I wish it wasn't happening at all :<

13 minutes ago, Carson:) said:

I'm guessing that this came from somebody who is public about absolutely everything that happens in their life? Can't stand these people.

oh that kind of people who always have a story to tell? thanks, I'm not interested either.

or it also annoys me when elderly people start to mention all their health problems, including things like permanent diarrhea (yeah I've heard something like this before... :blink:), and then it literally turns into a competition which one of these elderly people is in the worst condition. come on people, just get the room. ._.

or when such people tell me that "I am young, so I know nothing about illnesses and pain" and "Wait until you're my age".

okay I'm 3x younger than you, but I was born ill, so I know the fucking pain. age really doesn't matter when your health is poor.

and one more thing! I'm not easily disgusted by distasteful topics, but sometimes it's just not the right time for some conversations. like people talking about digestive problems while eating dinner.

spoilered in case someone is actually eating something now

there's a Polish sitcom that is supposed to be a parody of a typical Polish family (the only thing I currently watch on TV, it contains some distasteful sense of humour, but I find it funny because it, in fact, shows the truth). in this sitcom, there was an episode where the whole family was eating dinner together and then the father started to talk about farting, toilets and poop, and didn't understand why the rest of family went mad. this is what I meant and the truth is that people in my country do it a lot - they talk about such things during family dinners. it annoys me terribly.

My neighbor (who I don't get along very well with anyway) and her much older friends who are old enough to be my grandparents....

"Oh, but all TV shows these days are soo violent!" 

*sigh* Meanwhile.. 90% of what I watch is somewhat aimed at kids...  

And..what bothers my mom...They're CONSTANTLY talking about people who they know that have Parkinson's/Alzheimers etc and because my mom took care of my grandparents up until they died..

Didn't mean to get soo dark, but for someone (my neighbor) who says she has anxiety over all this stuff, talking about it soo much is only going to make the anxiety much much worse. 

When our cats throw up or bring in an animal, or even when the cats need to be fed, the question my sis and I always get from our dad is "oh, can you feed/clean up after/get rid of the dead animal?" 

Like... I'm not bothered by that shit at all or doing it because it needs to be done.  I'm not perfect with picking up after myself but taking care of my cats is important because they need us to take care of them.  I get that the above stuff can be gross.  But the fact of the matter is that all of us except our dad cleans up or helps out with the cats period.  "They're your pets" bitch no they're our pets, you live here, too!  Bagheera is your baby!  Just because we adopted them doesn't mean you can't help out.  Why do you have to ask us to feed/clean up after the cats all the time when you're perfectly capable of doing so as well.  Is it really that hard to take initiative instead of asking us to do something pretty simple 100% of the time?  Like my mom would be cooking dinner and dad will be like, "hey can you pick up the dead chipmunk downstairs", like really?  Mom's kinda busy, how about you do it since you were already gardening outside?

yes I know this is really petty

J. van Deijck

^ sounds like my mother ._.

she usually calls our cats "her lovely kitties", but once they make a mess, she gets angry and says "but you have brought these parasites here, they are your cats!". it just hits me how immature, in fact, such behaviour is.

cat is an animal, which means they're a living being, not a toy nade just for purring. they need to be fed and all things like this. also, bringing dead animals home means the cat is grateful for all the care you take of them and they want to make you a gift for that. they won't understand that people rather won't have an use of such gift, but they tried their best, so yelling at the cat for doing such things is simply stupid. (which my mother does a lot)

I have taken kitties with myself while leaving to live on my own - first one kitty, then another - and they're still "her lovely kitties". until she finds a pee in her shoe or something like this. <_<

I understand some people may be disgusted, but a cat doesn't understand it because they are "just an animal". even the most intelligent cat ever is not human. (although cats seem more loving than most of humans anyway.)

1 minute ago, alpha decay said:

^ sounds like my mother ._.

she usually calls our cats "her lovely kitties", but once they make a mess, she gets angry and says "but you have brought these parasites here, they are your cats!". it just hits me how immature, in fact, such behaviour is.

cat is an animal, which means they're a living being, not a toy nade just for purring. they need to be fed and all things like this. also, bringing dead animals home means the cat is grateful for all the care you take of them and they want to make you a gift for that. they won't understand that people rather won't have an use of such gift, but they tried they best, so yelling at the cat for doing such things is simply stupid.

Yes, exactly!  I'm amazed when people get surprised when they have emotional responses to things like being pet too much and nip you, or heaven forbid have bodily reactions.  He will literally bitch when our cats get bit up by something outside; my cat Oliver recently had a bad gash on his face and we had to get pus out of the wound, and my dad was like "fucking great, another $100" :angry:  Yeah well he could get an infection if not treated and get really sick, maybe shut the fuck up?  Thankfully we didn't need to spend money at an emergency clinic because we treated it ourselves, but if you don't say that about us if we end up in a hospital, than don't bitch about them needing medical attention.

*while i'm writing with my left hand*  "are you left handed??" 

*while i'm sitting in class*  "why are you so quiet??" 

:angry:

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
On 15/8/2017 at 10:11 PM, Starbucks Covfefe said:

*while i'm writing with my left hand*  "are you left handed??" 

:angry:

:o Are you left handed? :P  For the record, some people can write with both hands. 

5 hours ago, Toothlesss said:

"Oh, but all TV shows these days are soo violent!" 

Hahaha, this is sooo my Grandma. Who will then proceed to watch boxing instead where there's no violence involved :D

J. van Deijck
6 hours ago, vmdraco said:

Yes, exactly!  I'm amazed when people get surprised when they have emotional responses to things like being pet too much and nip you, or heaven forbid have bodily reactions.  He will literally bitch when our cats get bit up by something outside; my cat Oliver recently had a bad gash on his face and we had to get pus out of the wound, and my dad was like "fucking great, another $100" :angry:  Yeah well he could get an infection if not treated and get really sick, maybe shut the fuck up?  Thankfully we didn't need to spend money at an emergency clinic because we treated it ourselves, but if you don't say that about us if we end up in a hospital, than don't bitch about them needing medical attention.

:blink: How can anyone complain about money when a family member needs medical help? :o imo domestic pets are family members since they generally share their lives with us, and they should be treated well. my dad would be in shock if he heard this :o

aw but I hope your kitty is okay :( *sends hugs to you and kitty*

J. van Deijck

BTW I'm seriously shocked to see how many people get weird questions from other people just because they are left-handed. such thing shouldn't be surprising nowadays :blink:

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
20 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

exactly my point . in this society , there are only 2 genders . Like really ? If everything was that simple then so many things will not happen (like you know ... we don't need to go into detail) 

Thanks! Finally someone who really understands the feeling *hugs*

13 hours ago, alpha decay said:

:blink: How can anyone complain about money when a family member needs medical help? :o imo domestic pets are family members since they generally share their lives with us, and they should be treated well. my dad would be in shock if he heard this :o

aw but I hope your kitty is okay :( *sends hugs to you and kitty*

I completely agree that they are family members!  The issue is that all of our cats go outside and naturally they get into fights with other cats (all of them are boys so it's probably territory crap), so we've gone to the vet more often than someone with an indoor cat.  Them getting hurt (which doesn't happen often enough to cause an issue financially) is just a consequence of our decision to let them play outside and roam around.  If anything I take it as something that's frustrating rather than him thinking it's an inconvenience.  My dad does care about our cats and gives them lots of love, but it's just irritating when he says things like that when he does care about them.  Sometimes it feels like he expects the cats to act a certain way when all four of our cats are different, and sometimes shit happens just like with his actual children.  

Oliver is doing okay, just a bit drowsy :)   He's back to his old self; I know he is when he starts crying constantly and following me around lol

J. van Deijck
On 15/08/2017 at 10:00 PM, alpha decay said:

the conversation between me and one of the girls I used to work with some months ago, started by her:

-Hey, what is that what you wear?

-It's a military dog tag.

-Oh but what is it?

-It's what every soldier has to have.

-Oh, cool! At first I thought you belonged to a sect and it was your symbol!

like, seriously?

today this girl has been sent to our workplace and we're coworkers again. :P I'm waiting for more weird questions.

J. van Deijck
24 minutes ago, vmdraco said:

I completely agree that they are family members!  The issue is that all of our cats go outside and naturally they get into fights with other cats (all of them are boys so it's probably territory crap), so we've gone to the vet more often than someone with an indoor cat.  Them getting hurt (which doesn't happen often enough to cause an issue financially) is just a consequence of our decision to let them play outside and roam around.  If anything I take it as something that's frustrating rather than him thinking it's an inconvenience.  My dad does care about our cats and gives them lots of love, but it's just irritating when he says things like that when he does care about them.  Sometimes it feels like he expects the cats to act a certain way when all four of our cats are different, and sometimes shit happens just like with his actual children.  

Oliver is doing okay, just a bit drowsy :)   He's back to his old self; I know he is when he starts crying constantly and following me around lol

Aww Oliver the kitty sounds really cute <3 how is it even possible not to love such cat? :3

it's like with my cats. they definitely have personalities. Maya is scared of everything around, but not afraid to hiss at us sometimes. Victoria is the cutest cat ever when she's with us (never hissed at any of us at all!), but she's mean to other cats and basically every cat in our area respects her. they both also engage in fights, even though they're girls. :D my dad calls them "his granddaughters" and cares about them more than about us :P so he would be definitely shocked if he heard your dad about it :o sure a cat that doesn't leave the house might be less problematic, but independent domestic cats have their own specific beauty. :3

3 minutes ago, alpha decay said:

Aww Oliver the kitty sounds really cute <3 how is it even possible not to love such cat? :3

it's like with my cats. they definitely have personalities. Maya is scared of everything around, but not afraid to hiss at us sometimes. Victoria is the cutest cat ever when she's with us (never hissed at any of us at all!), but she's mean to other cats and basically everything cat in our area respects her. they both also engage in fights, even though they're girls. :D my dad calls them "his granddaughters" and cares about them more than about us :P so he would be definitely shocked if he heard your dad about it :o sure a cat that doesn't leave the house might be less problematic, but independent domestic cats have their own specific beauty. :3

HE IS MY SON.  MY FLUFFY SON.  I have to upload pictures on the pets thread...

Your cats sound so precious and lovely, I love their names.  I'm sorry, I don't mean to make my dad sound like he's an abusive ass about my cats, he's not by a long shot.  But I do wish he didn't do what I've mentioned.  He just assumes his own feelings on them when they're not even human lol  My sis is especially adamant about their behavior to him but he just... doesn't listen.

My parents decided to let our cats go outside because that's what they've always done with their cats.  It's nice for them because they can go where they want and still come back and I think they appreciate that freedom in a sense.  I think it's really sad for indoor cats because they see a whole other world outside and they can't even touch it, or have limited access to it.  But that's just me, no offense to anyone who has indoor cats.  I'm sure as long as indoor cats have stimuli and a little place to play then they'll be fine.

for me:

what country are you from?

how long have you been in ireland?

• 1 month later...
J. van Deijck

just a pretty recent thing - I was talking with someone and couldn't understand what she says, so I asked her to repeat several times. in result, she got angry and told me something like "maybe you should wash your ears".

I'm hard of hearing. this comment was just rude.

"You ok? Did you have a stroke or something? Are you brain damaged?"

Nope I'm just sleep deprived.

Come to think of it maybe I had one too many concussions... but it's still kinda rude to say out loud just cause I react really slow and forget things mid-sentence.

J. van Deijck
39 minutes ago, StormySky said:

Did you have a stroke or something?

I get this question, too. but that's because I smile with one side of my mouth.

Being on the short side of the human height spectrum (five feet) I tend to look younger than my age, especially to ALL THE GIANTS IN THE WORLD.

"Aren't you too young to drink?"

*silently death-glares over the rim of my tequila drink mix* "No."

Unless you're the one serving me a drink, you don't need to know my age. >.>;

"Oh you're from the Caribbean? Are you Jamaican or Bajan?"

"Oh you're from the Caribbean? Do you know Brian Lara?"

"You're so lucky you live in a beautiful and relaxing place with warm weather I'd love to live there." Lol no...life here isn't that great pal when you have to struggle for power and water.

• 2 weeks later...

The worst annoying question I hear is when somebody who knows I don't have a relationship asks me "do you have a boyfriend?"....I would like to say "why do you even ask me if I've a boyfriend? You already know it!" Lol :D

• 2 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

from recent ones: "omg you have such long and thin fingers, why don't you play the piano?".

it wouldn't annoy me if not the fact that I have tried in the past, but I so lack coordination between my hands and it's quite frustrating. I know the piano keys by heart and can play literally everything I hear, but with one hand only, so it doesn't even make much sense. also, funny how many people compliment something that is just a dysmorphic trait of my inborn disorder.

another one: "you're too tall to wear this."

like, why? maybe I want to be even taller, are you going to forbid me?

• 4 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

asking if I am transgender because "I'm too pretty for a guy".

damn it nothing annoys me more it seems. does it even matter of I am cis or trans? it's not something I want to talk about. a male is a male and that's it.

Archived