AMAB person in a dress

The-world-is-quiet-here

The-world-is-quiet-here

Thanks @Kimmie.

Should I tell them to fight back if people attack them, or would that make things worse? I don't want to give them the wrong advice. Any thoughts?

3 minutes ago, The-world-is-quiet-here said:

Thanks @Kimmie.

Should I tell them to fight back if people attack them, or would that make things worse? I don't want to give them the wrong advice. Any thoughts?

I don't know sorry I am personally closet so I don't have any advice in that regard. 

The-world-is-quiet-here

Yeah, that's a good point. 

I finished the letter. I feel proud of myself for writing it :) 

The-world-is-quiet-here

My mom keeps pointing out how much Sasha is "going to get their ass kicked" (for wearing dresses), and oddly enough, it's not really helping my anxiety about it.

My dad, Sasha and I went to a store yesterday to get Sasha some dresses that weren't prom dresses. We got a couple dresses, so that was good. I completely forgot about the schooo dress code (i.e. no spaghetti straps), so we may have to get different dresses in the future.

I also sent my parents an article on how to react if your kid comes out as trans. Both of my parents thanked me for sending the article. My dad did say he's "feeling more emotional about it [today]" than he was when Sasha first came out to him, but that was all he said.

If i may ask how old are they?

I can understand your mom but she could atleast don´t say it out loud and possibly scare them.

And i most say that they are way more brave then me to just without a doubt want to go out in a dress and doing it. I myself wish that i had that self esteem to be able to do that.

Don't fight back if attacked, just try to get away or if it gets to it don't irritate the attacker additionally. Fighting back got my cousin broken teeth, really... He's fine but it's better not to mess. But first of all just watch out and don't go to places where such things can happen.

The-world-is-quiet-here

Thanks @Emery.! That's good to know.

and @Kimmie., they're 12. Yeah, I don't think she's said it so bluntly to their face, but she's definitely mentioned it to me. 

15 hours ago, The-world-is-quiet-here said:

...We got a couple dresses, so that was good. I completely forgot about the schooo dress code (i.e. no spaghetti straps), so we may have to get different dresses in the future...

Hello. I've enjoyed hearing your family and Sasha's journey. Sasha sounds inspiring and brave to me.

So, the school dress code doesn't allow a person to wear a cardigan or sweater over a spaghetti-strapped dress?

I am both happy for them and a bit scared for there safety. I never thought i would look up to a 12 year old but i do. It takes so much to have the bravery to be able to be yourself.

And as sg06 writes dosent that work with a cardigan or a short jacket?

The-world-is-quiet-here

That's a really good point. I think that would work. Thank you for the suggestions.

and thank you for all of your support. It means a lot to me to know that I'm, that we're, not alone. :cake:

Cis-male here, but I follow this closely and I keep my fingers crossed :)

The-world-is-quiet-here

Sasha asked me to use she pronouns for her. I had thought her pronouns were she/they, but I guess not. So yeah, I just wanted to let y'all know. :P 

Ooh, congrats! Does she also want female-coded language in general, like calling her sister? Or still genderneutral, as in sibling?

Good for her :)

<No longer active>

I've been following thread, though I didn't really have anything to add, but can I just say Sasha sounds like a wonderful person, incredibly brave. I don't know her in real life but I want to tell her I'm proud of her - and you, for being an amazing sibling, protective and supportive at just the right levels. 

The-world-is-quiet-here

@Finn. I don't know about language, but I could ask her. Last night she was calling herself my brother, but I know it takes time to adjust and change your language and whatnot. 

I'm beginning to understand people's confusion about pronouns. Like, if you have multiple pronouns that you use, how do you know which ones are right on certain days? Perhaps we could make a code or something. Or I'll just use she pronouns for [Sasha]. 

The funny thing is, my mom keeps asking me about Sasha's identities, and I'm like "well, this is a possible answer, but I don't know! Ask her!" but i don't think she actually will.

Maybe she could use different bracelet or necklaces that could symbolize different pronounces?

I mis gender my self almost daily in My thoughts.

And it is maybe time to change the name of the thread soon.

Luftschlosseule

Do you have any opportunities to learn some kind of martial arts in your area? It's not only helpful to be able to defend yourself in case of emergency, it helps getting to know your body, muscles, coordination of limbs, gives you self-confidence and is fun. You get to know new people, you have a place to vent. And if your training area is one where the traditional clothing is worn, all look the same, regardless of gender.

If Sasha likes dancing, she could consider something like capoeira, which is a kind of battle dance.

And you can either train stamina, speed or strenght, and even if you train for strength, you won't look like a bodybuilder if you don't want to.

Your family sounds awesome. (:

The-world-is-quiet-here

@Kimmie. that's a good point! I was thinking about changing the name of the thread, but I don't know how to do that. Can someone help me out?

and yes, martial arts are a good idea. I'll look into that :) 

The-world-is-quiet-here

Thanks @Finn.! :) 

The-world-is-quiet-here

Is it normal to be worried about Sasha? Like, I know I'm worried about her, but I can't tell if I'm too worried about her. 

The school took everyone's school iPads back for the year, so I can't email Sasha about things during the day.

I just don't feel like there's much I can do to help at this point, other than listening to her.

That you are worried only proves that you care about her. And in a situation like this i think that you can't be to worried.

I think to only be there for her and listen to her is amazing. I would personally almost kill for that( not literally ofcourse)

It's normal to be concerned for her safety; just don't let that concern get in the way of her being herself. And having someone to support and listen to you is a very good thing. Don't discount it.

The-world-is-quiet-here

I haven't seen much of Sasha lately cause she's been at our dad's house for the past couple days. But I'm going to see her tonight, so hopefully we can talk then. :) 

I hope that everything will go allright.

The-world-is-quiet-here

Me too. :cake:

We didn't get much of a chance to talk, but Sasha said she has been using the girls' bathroom, and that sometimes the boys "pressure [her] into using the other bathroom." I really hope she doesn't get hurt.

Aww poor girl :( Why can´t people just let others be themself.

The-world-is-quiet-here

My mom got her some more skirts and skorts (skirts with shorts under them). She said Sasha hadn't known about these kind of things because she's new to this. I'm glad my parents are being supportive. :) 

I'm so happy for her that it brings tears to my eyes. 

Archived