inspirational

binary suns

32 minutes ago, Meow. said:

That was probably the most complex violin solo I've ever heard. She is right though. Don't let others set your limits.

binary suns

I thought it was curious. she comes off in talking, as very nervous, shy, and I wonder how much her social presentation in that way impacted the expectations her teachers had of her. I wonder how much her disinterest in the simple stuff combined with that, resulted in her basic work coming off less precise. I know that, as an abstract thinking primarily, because I'm able to work with the more advanced level of an idea - I often neglect the smaller details of the ideas, and my sayings look weak because of that xD

ps. when she quoted her self regarding being ok with the basics, I could tell she had reservations. she was humble to the point that she listened to the advice of the teacher, which was good - but not to the point where she looked to understand the use of the advice. I wonder if, had she focussed more on the basics, not to say that she should have of course, would she have cast doubt on the teachers mind after so many weeks of practice? 

pps. I also wonder about - in a way, asking a person to keep at the path you expect to see, is limiting the exploration to the dimension you know. exterior dimensions "cheat" growth by introducing the impact of advanced material you cannot see at your current level - this is the strength of playing a game of chess you have no hope of winning, or the opportunity of talking to someone from a diverse vantage that you normally don't consider. 

Archived