Boyfriend isn't asexual

Member116379

Member116379

I've posted about my relationship before. As I said then, he seems to have been utterly understanding and supportive. But I also haven't seen him since I 'came out' as a probable heteroromantic asexual because he's been busy. 

I was just wondering 1) people's experience of mixed relationships 2) how to avoid it being awkward when we see each other again, how to make it not a big deal or have it as a cloud hanging over us?

Just don't make it awkward~!

If he truly does understand and is willing to be just as supportive as he has been, then there wouldn't be any kind of cloud. You guys could just go back to how you were before you came out, and enjoy each others' company. I mean obviously, don't act like nothing happened, but after coming out and having a positive reaction, I personally don't see why things just can't move forward. =w= b

When I came out to my boyfriend, he was supportive and things were good - so I don't bring it up much. The times I have brought it up subtly, he was never bothered, and was still just as kind. He always listened, never had any questions though ['cause I explain everything before he even gets the chance omg;;], but all was still well.

Just remember that if you personally feel like there's more that needed to be said, just be open about it. Ask if he has any questions, talk about how he personally feels or what your guys' relationship will look overall with this discovery. Stuff like that!

Ease into it, make sure it's a good time for the both of you to talk! [Like make sure no one's rushing you guys, or one of you had a bad day - just so you have each others' full attention!]

Things will be fine!

Good luck~! ;w; /

Member116379
10 hours ago, raichuu said:

Just don't make it awkward~!

If he truly does understand and is willing to be just as supportive as he has been, then there wouldn't be any kind of cloud. You guys could just go back to how you were before you came out, and enjoy each others' company. I mean obviously, don't act like nothing happened, but after coming out and having a positive reaction, I personally don't see why things just can't move forward. =w= b

When I came out to my boyfriend, he was supportive and things were good - so I don't bring it up much. The times I have brought it up subtly, he was never bothered, and was still just as kind. He always listened, never had any questions though ['cause I explain everything before he even gets the chance omg;;], but all was still well.

Just remember that if you personally feel like there's more that needed to be said, just be open about it. Ask if he has any questions, talk about how he personally feels or what your guys' relationship will look overall with this discovery. Stuff like that!

Ease into it, make sure it's a good time for the both of you to talk! [Like make sure no one's rushing you guys, or one of you had a bad day - just so you have each others' full attention!]

Things will be fine!

Good luck~! ;w; /

That's my main issue; not mentioning it a lot. Obviously because it's something that's going round and round in my head, and admittedly it's quite a big deal, I feel like I need to talk about it a lot etc etc. I suppose it's a way of getting things clear in my own head. But yeah I really don't want to keep on bringing it up as if it really is a huge deal as I know he doesn't share the same sentiments as I do

Uggggh I know your struggle!

I've recently come to the understanding that I am some form of asexual and just informed my girlfriend of 6 months of this a few hours ago. I am in a pretty frantic place so I found this forum, just made a big post too.

Its so confusing whats the right thing to do and I'm very worried about our future..

Hope it all goes well with yours though!!

Member116379
4 minutes ago, FonCuzed said:

Uggggh I know your struggle!

I've recently come to the understanding that I am some form of asexual and just informed my girlfriend of 6 months of this a few hours ago. I am in a pretty frantic place so I found this forum, just made a big post too.

Its so confusing whats the right thing to do and I'm very worried about our future..

Hope it all goes well with yours though!!

It can be a real struggle! But luckily there are a few, a very small few, who are so understanding. So hopefully we'll have found 2 of those people :D

9 hours ago, k_pixel said:

That's my main issue; not mentioning it a lot. Obviously because it's something that's going round and round in my head, and admittedly it's quite a big deal, I feel like I need to talk about it a lot etc etc. I suppose it's a way of getting things clear in my own head. But yeah I really don't want to keep on bringing it up as if it really is a huge deal as I know he doesn't share the same sentiments as I do

It's totally fine if you decide to bring it up a lot!

Like you said, you're still figuring yourself out! So it's fine to want his reassurance or like an opinion - just even an ear to listen while you vent and question things.

If it's important to you then I'm sure he'll be willing to listen to everything you've got to say. You don't have to share the same feelings on the matter, but being active in each others' lives is just as important. =w= b

[ Things like that do take time to fully grasp, so don't get angry at yourself if you bring it up too much. Be patient with yourself as well as him! ;w; / This is something new to the both of you, so work together if you feel comfortable this way! ]

Archived