mom knows about asexuality

Annie9

so a few days ago i did a presentation about Asexuality in front of my class in my Swedish lesson (i got a good a B in the presentation, I'm so happy) so anyways today i told mom about my grade and she asked what i presented about and i told her that i talked about asexuality. at first she was like 'whats that' but after i explained to her she said that she know about asexual people but just didn't know they had a name for themselves. i was quite surprised that mom knew about it and what's more surprising is she didn't seem to mind it. I haven't come out to her and i really didn't want to come out until today when i realised that there is a chance of her accepting me. 

Aww, that's so great!

And congrats on the good grade! ;)

2 hours ago, Annie9 said:

so a few days ago i did a presentation about Asexuality in front of my class in my Swedish lesson (i got a good a B in the presentation, I'm so happy) so anyways today i told mom about my grade and she asked what i presented about and i told her that i talked about asexuality. at first she was like 'whats that' but after i explained to her she said that she know about asexual people but just didn't know they had a name for themselves. i was quite surprised that mom knew about it and what's more surprising is she didn't seem to mind it. I haven't come out to her and i really didn't want to come out until today when i realised that there is a chance of her accepting me. 

If we have to research a sexuality in health week, I'm so gonna do Asexuality. 

If if we have to include website links for sources I'm just gonna write:

Sources: Me.

That's not knowing about "asexuality", it's just knowing some people aren't interested in sex. In a "basic" sense she knew, but not really. It's like saying "I know about photosynthesis" "So you know X, X, and X happens?" "No, I just know plants absorb energy around them". A friend worded it the same way as your mom, but it isn't the same thing as knowing (she even reacted to it just as positively). "Then you know asexuals aren't heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual?" "Oh, no, I didn't know that, but now that you mention it, that makes total sense".

Archived