Consecrated Virgins ( for Catholics)

Comrade F&F

That's...

...awesome.

I could probably be happy with that, but that is quite a declaration of faith and steadfast devotion. I don't know if I'd be personally ready for such a commitment.

God of the Forest
26 minutes ago, Hayley_me said:

Have you ever heard about it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consecrated_virgin

http://konsekrowane.org/dziewice/linki.php

Have you ever considered be a Consecrated Virgins? I have but I guess they wouldn't take me as I'm pro-choice and support same sex marriages. On the other hand it's much connected with praying a lot and so but the perspective of being a Virgin is intriguing.

Actually no, you'd be fine. All youre doing is marrying God and vowing to live a consecrated life. Now, if you yourself had an abortion or entered into a same sex union then that would make you ineligible. If thats what you wanna do, you go glenn coco

I think it's cool, but I think consecrated virgins have to go to church every day, and I'm way too busy for that.

DesiButters519x

Wow... I didn't really know about this but I admit I am very intrigued now as well! Hm, I think you can stand out for what you believe in regardless of the Church, I mean... even religion seems to be so screwed up in a way, so if what you believe in is good and stands by codes, I don't think God would really consider it a sin right?

sweetbitter

Yeah, I read about that, although I'm not catholic anymore. But I don't know if being an asexual consecrated virgin still makes sense... Because not having sex isn't a self-sacrifice, but just... everydayness.

Isn't the whole point of being a Consecrated Virgin is that you are willing to give up an "integral" part of your humanity, namely, having sex ever again? It's part of the struggle to remain true to your vows, right? Not that there aren't other, equally, important things one could give up, mind, but the very terminology says it all, I would think.

Archived