Over thinking

Marrow

Anybody else overly think things over? Just recently I was planning out "OPERATION: RECHARGE" ( which involves people) and it just started to get ridiculous with some very wild assumptions on people's choices and personality. I scrapped it for now, but I was just curious to see if anyone else does this?

I'm always over thinking or under thinking. I've never learned the proper balance of thinking.

Well after the failure of "RECHARGE" due to overthink I decided to now overthink for "OPERATION: RAM", hurray!

DesiButters519x

I think so much Iovercharge... lolxDDDD (bad attempt at a pun) but yes, I do this all the time, and it sucks because when this happens it's like your mind freezes physically you until you can get over whatever you're overthinking about.

Anthracite_Impreza

Every second of every day.

Sounds like me.

I think and overthink way too much in general. It's not good for me. I could blame some of my grey hairs on this if I knew it likely wasn't because of a different cause. :P

I'm practicing to just go "whatever" on whatever happens these days and be more egoistic and egocentric (no, this is not necessarily a bad trait if you were lacking in this earlier in your life, just for your information ;)), essentially the opposite of overthinking. Stopping the thinking process before it even gets this far.

Examples of whatever-attitude:

Spoiler

Not managing to do something right?

Whatever. I'm a human and not a perfect "do it all right machine", deal with it society.

Being too late with something?

Whatever. Happens. There are likely other opportunities and alternatives to take.

Being wrong?

Whatever. Now I learnt I was wrong. Cool. You never learn out.

Someone getting angry at me for not understanding my situation even when I was repeating myself x times before and stopping to response/cutting contact?

Not my problem, I can only do as much. Their loss, also known as: Whatever.

(Works well so far).

In other words, I'm practicing being more laid back because what did overthinking ever do for me? :P

I'm a compulsive thinker.

I love people watching as a result, where I try to figure out what a person does for a living, their name, their quirks, and the like. Of course, what's on their mind, to boot.

I always doubt a person's intent behind their actions, due to that so there are negatives.

I.E If someone gave me a gift. If you're family or a friend, I won't question. If you're a stranger who never does, I'll always be over-thinking as to the angle they're looking for. The reality, is most will only be out of the blue nice to you, once they want something.

I guess the sad part, is my intuition, is always right, haha. When my thoughts stop, then its clear the person was genuine. The sadder part, is this is rare.

I'm constantly analyzing every single situation. On a flight, I'd scare a rookie flyer, with regards to how wild my thoughts get.

As I've grown older, I've grown to stop over analyzing the past. I can let go of things, quickly, whereas in the past, I'd sit there for days/months analyzing what I had just done.

Its a gift and a curse, basically. I sometimes wish I could shut my brain off for a bit, but it then would no longer be me being me.

Yes, it's caused me to be anxious and paranoid ever since I was a little kid.

19 hours ago, Gloomy said:

Yes, it's caused me to be anxious and paranoid ever since I was a little kid.

Ah yes "paranoia", my absolute favorite thing. Makes even the most innocent gestures turn into acts of espionage 

georgiasayshello

i overthink so damn much

i think i'm obsessed with the idea that i can figure everything out, the truth of things, if i just analyse it long enough

i think meditation helps with this, in my experience anyway (if i could just have the self control to do it)

I'm  a big fan if the whatever approach, usually preceded by "fuck it" or fuck 'em.

And if the thoughts become obsessive, simply change the channel.

Archived