Buying black ring?

Member116379

I live in the UK and am interested in maybe buying an Ace ring or some piece of jewellery. But I'm not sure where to get them from?

madscientist04

I also live in the UK, I first went around to charity shops and didn't find any luck. Also I went to jewelry places and since it's spring they didn't have anything black at all. I was a bit surprised. I ended up finding a really cheap ring on amazon. At first I bought the wrong size but I'm currently waiting for the correct size to arrive in the mail.

Good Luck!!

• Like 2
SamwiseLovesLife

Uk too, I got one from Etsy for £4-£6. I like it because it's made of Stone rather than cheap plastic

• Like 1
Lie-RennyValkyrie_

I used to want a ring so I looked online but I don't really like wearing rings so at the moment I'm fine with my ace and aro coloured bracelet that I just happened to have lying around ^-^ I also wear a purple ribbon around my wrist because I read a book were a girl started a thing where she got people to wear a ribbon if they support the LGBT+ .

• Like 1

There are many good options on amazon, quite cheap as well!

58 minutes ago, Lie-RennyValkyrie_ said:

I used to want a ring so I looked online but I don't really like wearing rings so at the moment I'm fine with my ace and aro coloured bracelet that I just happened to have lying around

Same! I really wanted an ace ring, but I'm fine with my ace bracelet I made; however I do want a ring someday, because I really like the idea of it :)

• Like 1
Maul_Junior

while we're on the subject of ace rings, are there any major advantages or disadvantages to stone vs metal vs plastic vs whatever else there might be?

32 minutes ago, Maul_Junior said:

while we're on the subject of ace rings, are there any major advantages or disadvantages to stone vs metal vs plastic vs whatever else there might be?

Only one I found was that plastic snaps quite easily if you're like me and have a tendency to fiddle with jewellery. 

• Like 1
Hermit Advocate

I'm not from the UK but you can find them for fairly cheap on Amazon. You just have to know your size. Go into any jewelry shop and they'll be able to tell you.

• Like 1

There ar elite of good places online, Amamzon and etsy have been mentioned :) I don't live in the U.K., but I've seen some that might work at like Claire's if you have that near you?

• Like 1

If you are looking for a stone ring, i recommend finding a store that sells semiprecious stones. Hematite is a fairly cheep black stone and is often made into rings.

• Like 2
Maul_Junior

I was asking about stone because there's quite a few stone rings on Etsy, and don't know what the main differences between metal/stone are.

• Like 1

I want to say that the metal ones are more durable? But other than having different materials, I'm not sure which type is "better". I have a metal(stainless steel) ring myself, but I'm still looking for another since my metal one is special to me for many reasons. I wear it infrequently.

• Like 1

Based on my experience ordering rings, if you can, get your finger sized! I haven't done that so the solid ring I ordered is a little big (I guessed), but I also ordered a couple adjustable ones. I can wear all of them, but I might try a half-size down in the solid style to compare.