Attracted to someone regardless of gender (questioning)

The-world-is-quiet-here

The-world-is-quiet-here

Hi!

I'm dating someone, and we both really like each other. I've been thinking about it lately, and I've thought a couple times, "I feel like I could love [my date] regardless of their gender." Like, I would love them even if they were a guy. 

Is this normal? Am I possibly more romantic than I thought? I mean, I haven't ever really been attracted to a guy like "I want to date you", but I don't know. I've been checking guys out somewhat recently, but I still don't think I want to date them. I guess they're just pretty?

I know many people are like "you don't need a label!" etc. I'm not necessarily looking for someone to change my label for myself or whatever, but maybe more like solidarity or "oh yeah, I feel like that too." Or you could ask questions if you want. :) 

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

Your date is bio female?

It just sounds like unconditional romantic love to me.... But then again that's just me thinking about how adorabubbles this sounds :wub:

The-world-is-quiet-here

No, she's AMAB. 

Your response made me smile, thanks for responding :) 

I talked to my best friend about it, and I was like "do you ever not care about what gender someone is?" And she was like "that's literally the definition of pansexual." So who knows, maybe I'm bi/pan. I can't really see myself with a guy, but maybe if he was more feminine or something? I haven't thought about dating guys all that much since I came out as a lesbian. Idk.

AVEN #1 fan

Well, I'm panromantic and I usually fall in love with people's personalities,  I just accept them in any way.

I've thought that about some people too. :) I think that's completely plausible even if you're only attracted to one or a few select genders, because sometimes you just get to know someone and they're so attractive as a person that who they are seems to transcend gender and make it essentially irrelevant.

I consider myself bi-romantic because gender isn't very important to me but my interest in any particular gender varies slightly over the years. For instance, I'm bi-romantic and right now I'm much more into women than men. I don't see guys out right now and think about dating them although I still find them pretty off and on. However there have been a couple I've got to know over the last several years that I feel like I could date "despite" their gender going against my current predominant preference because I just like who they are as a person so much and it can feel slightly strange because for everyone else, gender plays some kind of role in my initial interest but after I got close with some people I don't care if they are one of/the gender I'm attracted to.

Archived