Trans misused

Infernales

So this really pissed me off.

A classmate (not friend because she's a bit... rich-kid posh) and another classmate were talking about a guy one of them was crushing on.

Classmate A (rich kid) and Classmate B (the crusher).

B is saying, oh he'll never like me back, he's so pretty etc etc.

A then goes, "Well maybe he's gay" and then "I'm saying he's gay for your benefit"

I'm sitting here, two seats away, thinking, "No, it's not your right to label someone as gay, just for a friend. I get the trying to help, and make person B feel better and all, but no. this... No"

A also then says, "well maybe he's trans. and s/he was a girl who had a crush on you and is lesbian but knew you're straight so became a guy"

I told A, "That's not how transgender works, they change because their mind doesn't match their body, NOT for a crush"

She, annoyingly, just says, "Let's pretend it is."

I can't be the only who is... frustrated and insulted. I told my other friend and she was mad too.

I can't be overreacting that much.

<No longer active>

That is absolutely not okay and good for you, calling them out!

ugh, some people are just so ignorant... >.<

I know right. It's so frustrating,

*sighs*

This is why the world will end in like 50 years, plus trump plus climate change. A magical brew for war and let's kill each other. Can't wait. (I am so cynical wow)

Oh perfect time to try out my new catchphrase: People can be shitty. It may be that she has no proper understanding of certain concepts and is acting out of ignorance. The bigger issue is if she doing it from a position of willful ignorance, trying to contort the facts to fit her world view. Also I assume from your description that you are on the young side. I can almost guarantee every single one of you will be a different person sooner or later, so while it is good to educate others condemning them at this point is hasty.   

1 hour ago, Infernales said:

"well maybe he's trans. and s/he was a girl who had a crush on you and is lesbian but knew you're straight so became a guy"

tumblr_ooa1o7ku001vs985po1_400.gif

J. van Deijck

this is just... stupid.

some people are so stupid. it's just unbelievable how stupid they are.

I don't know what to say.... There is much better ways to make someone feel better then say shit like that. 

I actually find this situation hilarious, or maybe cute? I mean no offense, I just can't help smiling. Drama, you know. Drama.

On 4/26/2017 at 4:10 AM, Emery. said:

I actually find this situation hilarious, or maybe cute? I mean no offense, I just can't help smiling. Drama, you know. Drama.

Haha yeah I guess

angelic_rowan

some people are just so stupid.... but calling them out was a good idea.

i'm sorry you had to deal with such idiotic people hhh

Sorry infernales that you had to put up with that.

"lets just pretend it is" what???! That makes no sense

Praise you for calling her out, maybe she's learned something from it :)

The only way to fight ignorance and stupidity is eduction

Archived