How Brand Loyal Are you?

I don't know if I'd say I'm "loyal" to any brands... Definitely not clothes wise, I just buy what I like the look of when it comes to those.

I dunno though I tend to buy something because it works, if it doesn't work I don't care what the brand is I'm not going to use it.

12 hours ago, YamiCake said:

I don't know if I'd say I'm "loyal" to any brands... Definitely not clothes wise, I just buy what I like the look of when it comes to those.

I dunno though I tend to buy something because it works, if it doesn't work I don't care what the brand is I'm not going to use it.

Same!

Only thing I'd have to add is: I'm not really easily forgiving. Disappoint me hard and make me feel like I wasted a lot of money and you will be branded as an "untrusty evil" brand. :P

The last time I was something similar to "loyal" to a brand ended with a huge disappointment.

Pretty_mama2

I'm typically brand loyal. If I like the quality and company as a whole, then I do my best to support them. 

Some brands I prefer are: Starbucks, chicco, lush, babyganics, renpure, alba botanica, north face, honest company

Usually with clothes I don't care so much about the brands. It's mostly on products used for my kids or that are being used on our body (shampoos body wash etc) and things we are eating.

I'm more concept- or vendor loyal than brand loyal.

I like "my" supermarkets a lot (as long as they change nothing) so I can rush through and grab the few dirt cheap things I am regularly buying.

I try hard to shop for the inexpensive no-name product when possible, especially in the food cosmetics clothes & other consumables sector. I am very loyal to the Fastfood places I am frequenting but I cut down on the big American origin chains, since they are just overpriced.

Besides no-name stuff I also like "work" clothes and shoes, army junk & random hand me downs.

The few brand loyalities I am living are towards Lamy elementary school fountain pens (they feel just right / best in my paw) and black "Workzone" socks. - Its awesome when all socks in use look the same so you only need to spot 2 random ones instead of a matching pair...

I wish I could be more brand loyal with my work clothes. - I'd love to own 3 jackets like the one I am wearing but it was the last in a supermarket's temporary sale. Also Honda is are no longer importing my Thailand made 125ccm and substituted it with an east Indian 110ccm. <- Very sad. Mine is perfect and I'd love to buy another one when it breaks.

I admit there are a few nice & desirable clothes brands like Barbour / Belstaff or Rukka, maybe even Schwabenleder & BMW (I am not talking about their pedestrian lines if they have some!) but TBH: I am way(!) too lazy to slave for their stuff.

I'm loyal to two main brands, Sony and Mercedes, not that I'm a frequent purchaser, but I find their products last well. Clothing etc, I'm not fussy, if it's the right price, fits and I like it that will suffice. 

A few general categories for which I have preferred brands:

Running shoes: Adidas, mainly for comfort reasons.

New outdoor clothing and equipment: REI, Dick's (most of the rest I just get at thrift stores).

Coffee: Seattle's Best or Stumptown.

Bikes: Cannondale most commonly, but I've strayed often.

Categories where brand loyalty means little:

Cars: I've been all over the map, as my tastes and dealer's offerings have changed so much over the years. Aircooled VW's, Japanese cars, diesels, Volvos, vans, pickup trucks have all been part of my menagerie.

Clothing: Most of my casual clothes come from thrift stores.

Grocery stores: A good selection of organics and being able to get there on foot is what matters.

Comrade F&F

Microsoft > Apple

Google Play > Apple Store

Android > iPhone

Yeah, I don't like Apple.

23 minutes ago, Feys&Florets said:

Microsoft > Apple

Google Play > Apple Store

Android > iPhone

Yeah, I don't like Apple.

Microsoft < Apple

Google Play < Apple Store

Android < iPhone

:P 

I don't really care about brands. I buy what appeals to me. The only thing I'm loyal to is a make-up/shampoo/etc. brand because they just make good stuff and it's with natural ingredients while not being too expensive. 

SorryNotSorry

It depends.

Apple, Yaesu, Ryobi, and Dorco are good by me... but I dumped Gillette, Ford, and Chrysler. Radio Shack went through 2 bankruptcies because they diluted their brand—when they went through their first one a couple of years ago, I didn't know what Radio Shack stood for anymore. They used to be ok for electronic parts, but intense competition between Mouser and Digi-Key has pretty well creamed RS in that department.

I only bought a few things from Men's Wearhouse years ago... their prices are WAY too high. I eventually had to dump King Size for the same reason, now I buy my duds from Haband. There are only a few outfits online that sell giant-size shoes I can wear, but I still turn to Mason for work boots in my size.

The Nissan Leaf is a GREAT little car for running errands around town, but my experience with Nissan's finance division is that they SUCK HIND TIT.

27 minutes ago, Woodworker1968 said:

Ryobi

Their sheet fed presses? - Never seen one.

Agreed upon Ford! - Mine corroded way too early compared to VW and even a Dutch Volvo, but I am happiest without a car. Not sure about Yaesu; older Kenwoods have awesome handling, I love my VHF allmode. Thanks for mentioning Gilette; I always end with some Phillips at hand too, but give Braun & various knock offs a try once in a while.

I am glad my household is Apple-free...

I like Vans and Doc Martins.

I like Nintendo.  I like a few video game companies outside of them, too.  Atlus, Falcom, Obsidian... 

So I have some brand loyalty. But in every case, it's because they make things I like.  If they stopped, brand loyalty would go away.

Comrade F&F
12 hours ago, Ricchan said:

Microsoft < Apple

Google Play < Apple Store

Android < iPhone

:P 

SHUN!!!!!

D:<

9 minutes ago, Feys&Florets said:

SHUN!!!!!

D:<

giphy.gif

Comrade F&F
1 minute ago, Ricchan said:

giphy.gif

wtsx8.jpg

Oh dear no.

Our supermarkets have internal brands so to say, they're the cheapest and that's what I buy. I got raised by looking for offers and comparing prices. 

As for clothes... I have enough, the only thing I have to rebuy is mostly pants, but I don't get why I have to pay >50€ for that, so I'll search for something that fits and is cheaper, no matter what brand. 

The only time I recently cared about a brand name was when I bought new markers. They were affordable and of good quality.

When it comes to entertainment things... my phone, ps4, ps3, camera were all bought used. My laptop wasn't, but I also didn't pay for that, haha.

Hm... my workplace somewhat forces me to mainly use Microsoft products, but I try to sneak in something else once in a while.

I am somewhat loyal to a food/bakery/idk what to call it chain because their coffee is the cheapest, tastes good AND you can add caramel sirup to it for free and I am down for caramel.

I have no brand loyalty at all to large companies. If their products are consistently good and they make what I want I will probably continue to buy them, but that's about as far as it goes; I'm not going to buy something just because it was made by a particular company. Sure, I'll take known quality it into account if I'm purchasing something new-yet-similar, but that's about it.

Now, small local businesses or people that I actually know are another matter. I'll always buy my used books at the local used book shop if I can find them there, for instance, and that sort of thing. For one thing, contined patronage from one or two people actually does matter at that level, and for another a place with only one location or that's personally run is a lot more likely to be consistent these days (at least, in my experience).

Archived