How Brand Loyal Are you?

We're currently living in a digital age, where we're bombarded with brands and ads, on a constant basis.

Brand names used to stand for highest level of quality. With the way things are manufactured today as well as the stringent quality standards, even the lowest end products have to meet certain standards.

With this in mind, is brand loyalty something that is still important to you?

Do you gauge by the brand due to its reputation for quality (or any other specific reasons), or the name, itself?

How brand loyal are you?

God of the Forest

Im loyal to people not things, But I will say that I do love Nike

straightouttamordor

I am loyal to some brands on some items. But for things like clothes, no. The shirt someone may poke fun of could be made at the same sweat shop as theirs. 

I'm only loyal to my brain, my lungs, my heart, my vas deferans, my ankles; hell, my entire body.  As long as I survive; I'm alright.  Brands aren't important to me, at all.  I only indulge in my imagination, chocolate, marshmallows & music.

Diamond Ace of Hearts

I'm more lazy than loyal. I just find brands who do products I like and I stick with them 'til they stop meeting my needs and then I move on.

I'm too damn broke to be "loyal" to any brands.

WinterWanderer

I'm loyal to some brands for their morals, and to others out of tradition/convenience. I'm trying not to buy from the large corporations anymore, like Kraft, because after doing some research on the food industry, I can't stand them anymore. 

Some brands I support for their morals: Organic Valley, and a local egg company called Vital Farms. They're the most "humane" dairy and egg companies that I can find at the market. 

Other brands I'm loyal to are Starbucks and Disney/Marvel. I mostly drink Starbucks coffee out of convenience, because it's the only coffee shop around. I'm loyal to Disney/Marvel out of tradition, because I've watched their movies all my life.

Anthracite_Impreza

For car stuff, yes, if I can afford it (one of my bucket list objectives is Brembo brakes and K&N induction, and I'm already a consistent customer of Mann filters and NGK spark plugs). For other stuff, not so much.

RoseGoesToYale
37 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Brand names used to stand for highest level of quality. 

This is why I'm largely anti-brand. If I buy for a specific brand, it's probably a product that was made in the previous century. If I can, I try to buy generic, used, handmade, or thrift.

When I find a brand of something I like, be it clothing, housewares, foodstuffs, etc., I'm likely to continue to purchase it as long as it continues to meet my needs when I have them. I'm not sure if that counts as "loyalty" since I'll be quick to go elsewhere if the quality declines or the brand stops meeting my needs for some other reason, or I can find a better deal without sacrificing quality from another company. But there are brands I continue to go back to, not because of who they are, but because their goods work for me. That said, I do prefer to purchase from socially responsible brands when I can or when I know about the social responsibility, and I will continue to purchase local brands because I like buying local when possible. 

When I was a kid and my mother worked in marketing, Brand X was a major client of hers, and in that particular category of goods, she would only buy Brand X because they were her client. I never understood this and teased her mercilessly, because it made no sense -- how would they know what we had in our house? And just because they were a client at work didn't mean she had to be a dedicated supporter in her personal life! Ultimately she got over than by the time I was a teenager.

I wouldn't call it loyalty per say.  If a brand makes something I like, I'm more inclined to pay attention if they come out with something new, but if I don't like said product or quality declines, I'm not going to keep buying it.  If I'm looking for quality and I know a certain brand has legitimate superior quality, I'd seek it out.  Otherwise, it's more about what catches my eye or meets the need for the best value.  If it does the job, who cares if it's brand name?

Mychemicalqpr

I'm partial towards a certain brand of pretzels, but that's about it. 

@Fioryn Just wanted to say I admire your morals. This is something I should pay more attention to. 

I try to stick to brands, that have good human rights records.

The lack thereof, is why I'd avoid a brand. I.E George clothing line, in Wal-mart. They have a real shoddy record, in Bangladesh, with regards to work standards. Hundreds were killed recently, in a plant where their clothing lines were made. This is a plan, where known structural defects were found in the building, but due to tight deadlines and high profit, employees were ordered to continue working.

I tend to avoid brands, with horrific abuses of power, or that do more damage in the world, than good.

With that said, I tend to be loyal to a couple brands, due to their good record, overall. More importantly, how high quality, that their products are made, and the reputation behind them.

With regards to foods, I tend to buy generic mostly, as the standards are high in the food industry, with regards to food safety.

I.E Generic vegetables, vs Green Giant. A carrot is a carrot, as far as I'm concerned. Unless of course, its organic.

I do find a few generic products taste horrible, vs their branded counterparts. This is rare, and would be another instance I'd stick to a brand.

Long story short, I find I'm more loyal due to good service, and the brand that provides me with it--than a product, itself.

I.E I always fly with certain companies, and use certain travel agents, due to this. I'm incredibly loyal, if served well.

njosnavelin

Victoria Island asparagus 

Apple Inc

Penzey Spices

Cooks Illustrated 

Somafm.com

G2 pilot 7mm gel pens

Yamato Nadeshiko

Not really at all, I tend to buy off brand / whatever is cheapest but still made well enough to fulfill its purpose, regardless of branding.

drjohnhwatson

I'm loyal to brands if I like their product/s.  I don't stick with something because I've always done it if they're not cutting it.  I really love Converse though.  They're probably not great for my feet being so flat, but I've worn only Converse for years now and they last so long.  From 2012 to now I've only had four or five pairs and I wear a pair until they fall apart; I don't swap out on different days and match outfits or anything.

Just now, Ocean Eyes said:

@Pramana is anti-brands.

Yes, I did carry a copy of No Logo to my grade 12 English classes, as sort of my secular Bible at the time, but that was high school and we all did things like that as teenagers.

Just now, Ocean Eyes said:

@Pramana I'm not judging. I just didn't have a stance so I shared yours.

I see.

Look, I was coming out of the 90s, when everyone used to wear Nike and Adidas.

5 hours ago, Diamond Ace of Hearts said:

I'm more lazy than loyal. I just find brands who do products I like and I stick with them 'til they stop meeting my needs and then I move on.

This. Makeup drives me crazy theres SO much out there. I just stick with MAC I dont have time or money to try every new and improved product by brands ive never heard of

I like Converse shoes, and when it comes to computers and smart phones I prefer Apple products, but other than that I don't really care and I just go with what's cheap but still good quality.

My loyalty tends to lie with food brands... I know I like them and I love to not change up routines :P 

Other than that... I am an Apple-fan (not sorry), and I will buy the PS5 on release, whenever that comes out :D 

andreas1033

I try not to buy anything american made, or american companies.

Apart from that, i just buy what ever is the best i can afford, and i prefer there to be more then one choice at a given time of me buying, so i get a choice.

But like i said, if i can, i try to not buy from american brands, or companies, or american made stuff.

When your poor, buying is easier when you got a choice, ie, competition between two or more brands, for some product means probably a smaller price overall, then some single brand doing some product you like.

I also try and stay away from popular brands, like apple. Apple is a vile company, and people just use it like a fashion accessory or something, and they get conned into paying for something that is basically a fashion accessory to them.

Companies like apple, that do not care about the workers whom make there goods, then trying to pretend there are all heart, lol. One of the companies that made there products used to have suicide nets in there factories, it was so bad for the workers. Apple is just a vile company, using essentially slave labour, and then portraying themselves as this false image of goodness. That steve jobs was just a criminal, whom had became big in business, as he walked all over people, like most of those types do.

I would think lots, think your a nobody if you do not have an iphone for example, lol

People and there status symbols, lol

I've been wearing Vans shoes since 2000, unless they cease to exist I doubt that will change either. Other than them, I just go for what I like at the time for everything really.  

the only brand I'm loyal to is this

450.jpg

My running shoes are always Asics, because they fit my feet well. Other than that, no, not least because I try to consider both the environment and the working conditions of the people who produce the stuff I wear/use. So I don't do a lot of shopping, and when I do, it's often second hand.

ChillaKilla

Some of my loyalties:

Adidas

Maybelline

Milani

Wet n Wild

Innisfree

Levi's

Apple (for portables)

Microsoft (PC and laptops) (sorry but OS X sucks butt, guys)

I used to be loyal to a shampoo brand because it was the brand a friend of mine picked out for me because she liked it's smell (we shared a bathroom, so when I showered the bathroom smelled like that shampoo afterwards, and she didn't like the smell of the last shampoo I had before that...), I was loyal to it because, why not, it was also one of the cheaper brands, had a nice smell and was easily available and after a while also because it was the shampoo I always bought... I'm no longer loyal to it, because the closest store to me doesn't sell it.. 

I also very quickly become loyal to toothpaste because if that company sells easily available, not super over the top expensive toothpaste, that does not taste like mint, I become thankful for their existence and start fearing their demise.. so, yeah, I'm currently relatively loyal to Elmex...  yay for the existence of Elmex! :D (or, well, one of there toothpastes) 

--> I don't become brand loyal do to reputation, I become brand loyal do to it's individual qualities (like not being mint flavored), availability and routine,,,

Archived