Meier Briggs test?

Scase

Personality type is related to asexuality?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think personality type has anything to do with being asexual?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Anthracite_Impreza

Meier Briggs was de-bunked years ago, why are people still believing it's relevant in any way?

AVEN #1 fan
Just now, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Meier Briggs was de-bunked years ago, why are people still believing it's relevant in any way?

Please elaborate.

God of the Forest
24 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Agreed, also that test removes the variable of change over time and I am a firm believer that humans adapt and grow and change. If you take into account that every human is a product of their culture, how they were raised, those they have come into contact with, experiences and how you were born there is no way the test can be accurate

The only thing that was debunked, was its ability to determine what kind of job you will be good at.

The biggest flaw of the test, is how honest you are. The more honest, the more accurate your answer. People have 3 kinds of selves. The self you see yourself as, the self you are, and the self other people see you as. What you answer on the test, might not be accurate to who you actually are. It is not 100% accurate, but it still can detect certain facets of your personality and sort them. Sure, nothing can truly incorporate all facets of human nature into a single test. I don't disagree. But for a rough outline, it does a fantastic job. 

Weren’t there plenty of threads about this topic already? I remember I answered the same question at least once or twice.

Anyhow, INTJ-A is the result I always get.

Given that the test has me as a logician I seriously doubt it's accuracy. 

As a consequence I can't see how you can say whether Aces are any particular type using data gathered from this test. 

J. van Deijck

I'm not sure how it's even supposed to have anything to do with my orientation, but I'm an INXJ - in between INFJ and INTJ.

anyways, we have aces of all possible personality types here. so I don't think it says anything.

I tend to agree that personality has anything to do with sexual preference, I was mostly just curious if there are any common themes for instance, from what I've seen, most of us are introverts, but that's not a huge surprise :P Mostly just a post out of curiosity. I completely get that the MB test isn't exactly accurate, I just wanted to ask for fun. Thanks for the replies! 

Anthracite_Impreza
14 minutes ago, Frexin L said:

I tend to agree that personality has anything to do with sexual preference, I was mostly just curious if there are any common themes for instance, from what I've seen, most of us are introverts, but that's not a huge surprise :P Mostly just a post out of curiosity. I completely get that the MB test isn't exactly accurate, I just wanted to ask for fun. Thanks for the replies! 

I suspect that's due to the fact this is an Internet forum more than anything else, same with our higher than average rate of autistics.

Just now, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I suspect that's due to the fact this is an Internet forum more than anything else, same with our higher than average rate of autistics.

Yup! That's what I figure too. The internet seems to be a good place for people, who have a hard time being vocal in real life, to speak their mind

happilyirrelevant

I know the myers-briggs test is flawed but I'm sticking to my support of it because my mother is an INFP (I am, too) and she always thought there was something wrong with her for being introverted, valuing emotions/beliefs above logic, gathering general impressions rather than specific details, and preferring the experience of doing something to the end result. When she learned that there were other people who fit in the same category as her, and that those were personality differences, not flaws, she gained so much self-confidence. So it may be pseudoscience but it's a helpful way of remembering that people have different personalities that aren't "better" or "worse" than other personalities. 

I will full-heartedly support MBTI for the rest of my life.

But no, I seriously doubt it has anything to do with orientation. I value it as a tool for better  understanding others, not as a diagnostic test to identify and label every aspect of a person XD

lookslikeiwin

I find MBTI to be extremely useful in understanding how I function compared and contrasted to how others function. Relationships have become way easier, and I can communicate better.

I am an INTP, but the tests are flawed. I always tested as an INFJ. When I did more research and figured out my actual type so many things began to make sense, like how I suck at emotionally connecting to others, and why I always felt awkward and out of place no matter what group I am in (because I was trying to be an F lol). Other people make more sense too now, so I get less frustrated with them. I can at least partially type most people I know.

In any case, I guess I think sometimes type could have something to do with it, but not usually. I would suppose most SP types would lean sexual, while NPs and INJs would lean less sexual because physical anything is just less of a priority than mental connections. But I think if there is anything connecting the two, it would have more to do with how a person developed during formative years than anything directly related to the way their brains work, so there would still be a lot of variables.

SamwiseLovesLife

I doubt it; I'm ENF P/J and most of us are ginormously sexual :')

• 2 weeks later...

INFP. I found it describes me pretty accurately!

but I do agree people change over time and the result will vary depending on how truthful your answers are. You may not even realise you're not quite answering truthfully.

I don't care if the test is "flawed"; it offered me more insight into myself, and helped me see that I'm not the only one struggling with understanding other people's feelings. Even though I don't fit into everything an INTP is supposed to be, it's quite accurate.

ISFP-A, although i don't agree with everything it said about this personality type... and i don't think it has anything to do with my orientation. 

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs
On 4/23/2017 at 6:55 PM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

BECAUSE ITS FUN :lol:

To Be Named Later
On Mon Apr 24 2017 at 7:52 PM, happilyirrelevant said:

I know the myers-briggs test is flawed but I'm sticking to my support of it because my mother is an INFP (I am, too) and she always thought there was something wrong with her for being introverted, valuing emotions/beliefs above logic, gathering general impressions rather than specific details, and preferring the experience of doing something to the end result. When she learned that there were other people who fit in the same category as her, and that those were personality differences, not flaws, she gained so much self-confidence. So it may be pseudoscience but it's a helpful way of remembering that people have different personalities that aren't "better" or "worse" than other personalities. 

I'm a INFP also and this summarises nicely what I think are the helpful things about MBTI

Hehe INTJ-A over here~

We had to do that test in class, because or English-teacher was bored :D

• 2 weeks later...
Feryn_Hyte

Just an INFP, out doing whatever INFPs do.

INFJ! I've taken it so many times and got that same answer. Lol, I already posted on here XD, ~toodle, loo

If it helps your curiosity I'm INTP on the Myers Briggs Test although it changes between that and another one occasionally but has never went and there often . I do not think asexuality has anything at all to do with that test.  I don't even think it's actually real there's multiple arguments that could be had over that but to make it simple whether a psychologist or someone who had some type of degree whatever that is I'm I'm sure made that test. It doesn't really matter it's basically just fitting people into another box and as we learned with gender you can't do that and you can't do that with personality's either it's absolutely impossible . 

• 10 months later...

@Scase

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived