They don't believe me...

AllenDevillate

AllenDevillate

After finding out that I might be aromantic, I told the people I trusted most, my two best friends. I firgured they would understand after growing up with me and help me determine if I was or not, but they didn't.

They told me I was too young to know, and that I was stupid for making assumptions. I was already wondering if I'm truly aromantic, or just a late bloomer. I haven't seen anyone I thought was hot, and I haven't had a crush on anyone either.

I have dated a few people, but I didn't find them romantically attractive. When they asked to do something romantic, I'd get annoyed. However, I'm on good terms with my exs, and one even came out as bisexual to me. I was wondering if I should tell him I might be aromantic. But then he said that he still loves me, and I don't want to destroy him.

How can I tell if I really won't fall in love with anyone? Should I tell someone else? Should I tell my ex who still loves me?

Sorry for writing so much, and thank you very much for your time and help.

How old are you?

You probably can't see the future so you can never 100% say that you'll always have the same romantic orientation you have right now. But I don't think that should matter. Right now this is your orientation and it probably will be for quite some time. 

As for telling people, you don't have to come out just for the sake of it. Just tell the people you are comfortable with and want to talk about your orientation.