Squishes

I just realized.

I call my friends squishes. Like all of the ones I'm close and comfortable with.

BEFORE I knew what a squish was in relationship terms. And I am like a human, clingy and huggy octopus. I literally drape myself over my friends. But before I knew what a squish was, I called them all squish.

Coincidence? I think not.

Anyone else ever had this happen or just me

• Like 1

I've experienced more than 25 squishes (on both genders) throughout my lifetime, (only managed to befriend one). I got my first squish when I was 4. I only discovered the term when I was 18. Until then, I knew what I felt was NOT a crush, but didn't know how to define it. I thought I was strange. After I stumbled upon the word and its explanation, it all made sense. I sighed with relief at the fact that it's actually a thing and I'm not the only one. 

• Like 1
999papercranes

I never knew what squishes were until like, a few months ago, but wow did that explain a whole lot. I get so many squishes it's not even funny. Sometimes it's awkward because I find myself staring at them or something and they probably think I'm creepy and I'm in love with them but I just want to be their friend :( 

Luckily I've managed to become acquaintances with some of them! 

I just like being friends, they're friends I can tell embarassing stuff to, and it's like a deep want of deep friendship.

So yeah, squishes.