SKYRIM

Noblesse

So I'm absolutely obsessed with Skyrim. I go through fits where I can't play it because of it's instability (because I just can't stop modding it..) and times like right now where I actually don't have a computer where I can enjoy it to it's maximum potential (because I sold it x.x) but I really can't get enough of this game. I'm not sure why but I'm totally wrapped by the lore of the Elder Scrolls, but by Skyrim more than any other. 

Skyrim is rather awesome, my last character was a Thalmar rebel, still haven't finished that playthrough.

I haven't played modded mind, there is already far too much stuff to distract me without adding in more!

Ah, yeah. Skyrim is too great to let it go. I've been playing the Elder Scrolls series since 2009, starting with Oblivion, and that's still my favorite. But, Skyrim has taken a hold of my life ever since it came out 6 years ago. Even to this day I still play it, but as of now Fallout 4 is taking it's place. There is no way I would enjoy playing Skyrim if it weren't loaded with mods these days. In the beginning an un-modded Skyrim was fun, but after playing so many times, mods are very much a requirement in order to keep my interest. I'm still waiting for the SKSE64 to come out for the Special Edition version, because there are mods that require it that I miss terribly. I usually end up playing a sneaky character, but I've gone through all play-styles, only to come back to sneaky-assassin-thief-archer. :P

I downloaded Skyrim and always meant to play it... but I've never got round to it...

1 hour ago, Ricchan said:

I downloaded Skyrim and always meant to play it... but I've never got round to it...

Dooooo ittttttttttt...

And Starscream, if you haven't tried it yet give Morrowind a go, graphically it will be painful and the levelling system can be frustrating but it is certainly the best of the series so far. (Or try to find the Oblivion mod that basically recreates Morrowind with Oblivion graphics...)

I havent played Skyrim in years and it was a bit moded to say the least.

Spoiler

WP_20150316_005.jpg

WP_20150316_001.jpg

So if i would play it again i would probably need to start a new character. I can't find the around 50+ mods that i used.

I have skyrim and while I am fond of it I will always prefer the Fallout series; I love me some post-apocalyptic mods.

1 hour ago, Tainted said:

Dooooo ittttttttttt...

And Starscream, if you haven't tried it yet give Morrowind a go, graphically it will be painful and the levelling system can be frustrating but it is certainly the best of the series so far. (Or try to find the Oblivion mod that basically recreates Morrowind with Oblivion graphics...)

Yeah, I've also played Morrowind. I never completed it though. I was nearing the end I think. It was somewhere around "Ghostgate". All these new games that came out really make it difficult to enjoy the crappy graphics of the old games, even though the lore behind them is always superior. :D

Im so tempted, especially when I see things like @Kimmie.'s mods :wub: But I'm scared of how much time it will take up :D

Remember playing the standard edition, I modded it so much I ended up with night skies like this:

89D921A0DC5C504945868E36BB81AA8994FDF8FF

Just started a Nord Mage play-though on the special edition, which I found out I got for free due to having the legendary edition on PC ages ago.

Remember my first playthrough on the 360.

"Oh I got a wee side quest, I'll do that on my way to progressing the main quest."

at end of side quest

"That was cool, and I got 3 more side quests, I'll do those before progressing the main quest too.

500 odd side quests, I'm leader of every guild and college, yet done nothing about the dragons.

x1000 when I played the PC version and added mods to it which added even more side quests.

1 hour ago, ~Syl~ said:

I have skyrim and while I am fond of it I will always prefer the Fallout series; I love me some post-apocalyptic mods.

I tried the orignal ones, and I jsut couldn't get into them, but heard 3 (which I have the GOTY edition for but yet to play) is a good starting point. May give it a try soon. Any good mod suggestions for it?

Skyrim is a good video game. I have so many mods that it actually hits the hard limit for mods, because you can only have up to 255 I think data packs installed. So yeah. A bit obsessed :P

18 minutes ago, Scott1989 said:

I tried the orignal ones, and I jsut couldn't get into them, but heard 3 (which I have the GOTY edition for but yet to play) is a good starting point. May give it a try soon. Any good mod suggestions for it?

3 is great! In graphics it's a bit lacking so I'd recommend NMCs texture pack and Fallout 3 redesigned which helps make it a little easier on the eyes. From there it's mostly personal preference, Nexus has a ton for it.

Well now I have to start up a third Skyrim playthrough. I've barely ever touched mods, any suggestions from y'all?

4 hours ago, yourcaptaiin said:

Well now I have to start up a third Skyrim playthrough. I've barely ever touched mods, any suggestions from y'all?

Requiem for hardcore mode, Perkus Maximus for less hardcore but different, or Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay for a vanilla++ experience. Pick one.

On 4/22/2017 at 1:48 PM, Kimmie. said:

I havent played Skyrim in years and it was a bit moded to say the least.

Reveal hidden contents

WP_20150316_005.jpg

WP_20150316_001.jpg

So if i would play it again i would probably need to start a new character. I can't find the around 50+ mods that i used.

I tend to average around 200 mods when I play Needless to say constantly changing the mods causes some serious stability issues, but the game is so great with mods, one of my favorites being Tropical Skyrim. It's also nice being able to use ENB's. 

Typical game-play:

a_golden_view_by_05k-db00eiz.jpg

Skyrim is a great game where you are free to create your own story in a magical universe. That is what makes it its strength. ^_^

Archived