Sex for science!

Sean_Bird

I have a weird question! I wouldn’t be surprised if someone else has asked this, but I haven’t been on AVEN for long and haven’t seen it. This is meant to be a kind of fun and light-hearted thread. Anyone can answer, but the question is kind of geared towards people that are indifferent to sex or sex favorable.

I've only been aware of being asexual for a few weeks, and one of the things I’ve discovered is how scientific and analytical I am of sex. In general, sex is more like an equation than a moment of passion or whatever. I like to study it, take the elements apart, and piece them together in different ways to see what kind of outcomes I can produce. I don’t get turned on or anything, I just enjoy interacting with my partner in this sense. (very similar to ballroom dancing)

Examples:

Lingerie/sexy outfits + me = better sex for partner

Lingerie/sexy outfits + partner = ???

Hip technique + sounds = better sex for partner

I also enjoyed challenges. Essentially, I’d find something that was difficult, and enjoy problem solving how to do them. (The problem solving part was more fun than the actual sex)

So I’m curious: does anyone else view sex in a scientific or ‘challenge’ driven way? How about anthropologically and culturally speaking? (as in, studying various sex practices and how they relate to culture) Any fun or interesting stories?

• 2 weeks later...
Eclectic DerpTank

Hello there! I also like to examine sex from a somewhat scientific angle, especially in regards to film and acting theory. Even though I am very strongly sex-repulsed, the dynamics of sexual tension fascinate me, and whenever I watch films I enjoy observing the actors closely and watching for telltale signs of sexual tension. I can also create massive scenes in my head like a screenwriter and "practice" building tension in scenes between characters, which helps me significantly in my writing.

This ability is particularly useful in situations where I want my characters' relationships to advance, but I cannot step into the mind of someone who will stop at nothing to have sex with their one true love. Approaching desire from the angle of tension/discomfort is easier for me to visualize than approaching from the angle of lust.

Sean_Bird
4 hours ago, Eclectic DerpTank said:

Hello there! I also like to examine sex from a somewhat scientific angle, especially in regards to film and acting theory. Even though I am very strongly sex-repulsed, the dynamics of sexual tension fascinate me, and whenever I watch films I enjoy observing the actors closely and watching for telltale signs of sexual tension. I can also create massive scenes in my head like a screenwriter and "practice" building tension in scenes between characters, which helps me significantly in my writing.

This ability is particularly useful in situations where I want my characters' relationships to advance, but I cannot step into the mind of someone who will stop at nothing to have sex with their one true love. Approaching desire from the angle of tension/discomfort is easier for me to visualize than approaching from the angle of lust.

Cool! Similarly, I also love to write. I find it entertaining to occasionally touch on the varying perspectives people have on the topic of sex, and have done so through making about half of my characters religious prudes, while the others are the exact opposite. The pro-sex characters take on an extremely wide range of sexualities and unique personalities, which are fun to research and learn more about.

Archived