Would you be in a sexual relationship?

Horse Ham Radio

Sexual relationships...  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been in a sexual relationship before? (or are you in one now?)

• Yes, and I liked it.
    • Yes, and I didn't mind.
    • Yes, but I wouldn't want it again.
    • Yes, but I have mixed feelings on trying it again.
    • No, but I would like to try one.
    • No, but I don't think it would bother me.
    • No, and I never want to be.
    • No, and I have mixed feelings on if I would like to be in one.
    • No, and I have no clue on if I would like one or not.
    • Other. (comment)
  2. 2. For those who have been in a sexual relationship, why were you in it?

• I loved or cared about them.
    • They loved or cared about me.
    • I didn't realise I was ace at the time.
    • I didn't have a choice; there weren't any aces out there to be with.
    • I didn't have a choice; I was forced into it.
    • There was a lot of pressure on me to be in a relationship, so I entered one to stop the pressure.
    • I wanted to try it out.
    • It's just how things ended up.
    • I enjoyed the sex.
    • Other. (comment)
    • I have never been in a sexual relationship.

This poll is closed to new votes

Horse Ham Radio

For asexuals and related orientations.

Would you be in a sexual relationship or would you not? Have you ever been in a sexual relationship in the past? If so, why were you in it?

swirl_of_blue

I could consider it if I loved/otherwise cared for my partner very much, in a "positives outweigh the negatives" way. Of course it would also depend on the partner: if they wanted to have sex very often there would probably be more problems than if they had a less frequent need for sex. It would also help if I was aesthetically attracted to my partner, so that I could get at least "eye candy" out of the deal. The relationships I had were sexual because I didn't really consider the possibility of a relationship not having sex. I don't know how either of my previous partners would have reacted if I had wanted to negotiate a sexless relationship.

That's a definite nope from me.

I get that I'm sexy & attractive; my individuality is a key factor in my attraction too.

What I don't get is, guys know I tell them I'm asexual when we first start talking.  

The likelihood of me sticking it in or vice versa is not going to happen.

Yet, they are always compelled to get undressed in front of me or treat me like a bootie call.

No.

And no.

I have better things to do.  

If a man would respect my asexuality, I probably would've already been in a relationship.

I don't mind doing sexual things but I can live with out sexual things.

I'm more into cute & cuddly men.

Who will look me square in my spirit after I grab their hand.

No, I lack the desire to have to do it with someone else. Infact, relationships are complex for me enough as they are already, if sex needed to be on the table as requirement. I'd bail out pretty quick.

Can we just play a game or watch a movie instead? ._. 

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

Would I be in a sexual relationship...?

669.jpg

Sorry had to put a cat meme in here!lol! :lol:

But seriously, no. That is something I would never be able to do.

DayDreamer~

Definitely not.

I have plenty of hugs and deep philosophical discussions to offer instead =P

Aspiring Monkey

It wasn't really a relationship, I just wanted to try it out because everyone else was constantly talking about how great it is (and since everyone else is pretty obsessed with it it wasn't hard to find someone to do it with).

Result: 0/10 wouldn't do it again

Yes, I was in the past and I am in one now. I don't hate sex, it just doesn't give me anything but I'm willing to do it for someone I love. 

Interesting poll questions.  I have been in two sexual relationships that I certainly didn't mind  and kind of liked at the time.  I wanted to try it out.  That was 25 years ago.  Been there and done that.  Realizing I am asexual gives me the freedom NOT to feel like I ever need so seek out another sexual relationship.  Although, if I found myself  with feelings for the right person, I wouldn't rule it out.

Growing up, I was always only told that "sex" was a need. That it was a necessity for a healthy relationship. 

So even though I haven't actually had sex, I've been involved with some sexual activity. When I first started dating someone, and when they first made the sexual advancements, I kind of obliged, because that's what I thought normal people would do, and when I wasnt enjoying it or craving it like the others, I was forcing myself to like it because I thought that I was being abnormal, and I didn't want to disappoint anyone around me. I always thought that I was literally the only person ever to feel this way, and stopped dating altogether because I didn't want anyone to realise how weird I was to "not like sex". 

Meh... maybe if it was someone I really, really cared about and trusted, like they would have to earn "soul mate" status with me, not an easy feat.  Then maybe I'd give it a shot, if they really wanted it.  It's kind of hard to imagine, though.  I have this nagging feeling in the back of my head that if I ever do it, I'll be left feeling emotionally distraught.  Maybe I'm overthinking it.

RoseGoesToYale

I've never been in a relationship period, but after long deliberation, I found there are things I absolutely will not ever do, ever, some things I'm just not sure about, and a few things that I'd be okay with or am curious. I guess it depends on how much compromise would be necessary to make it work, though sometimes I think I might end up disliking all of it.

I've never been in a sexual relationship, and there's a very good chance I won't ever be in one. 

Anthracite_Impreza

nope.gif

Internetlionboy

I was in a sexual relationship a long time but I don't want to have another one again. I mean maybe but not really as I don't care about that kind of stuff that much. I'd rather have a nice, romantic relationship. Thanks but no thanks

No I haven't, and no I wouldn't want to. Never say never, however 

I have been, before I knew about asexuality, because I loved him and I assumed I was straight.

I've got VERY mixed feelings about trying it again - on the one hand, my last experiences were incredibly unpleasant, but on the other hand it might be a lot more pleasant if I tried it with someone who 1) understands the concept of consent and 2) isn't a complete prick.

So... *shrug* who knows.

J. van Deijck

TBH my current bf is the first (and the only one) person I've ever had sex with. The only enjoyable thing about it was his closeness as we love each other that much, and that's just it. 

And since I love him, I probably wouldn't mind doing it occasionally because I love him, but he's *obliged* to understand that I'm generally not into sex and if we ever actually do it, it rather wouldn't happen more often than thrice a year.

thankfully he understands it and being sensual is enough for him and I don't feel forced into anything I wouldn't want.

So I don't say yes for sure, but also I don't say no. respecting each other is important to me.

Yuck @ romantic relationships involving Homer. No matter if sexual or not.

I'm in one, if I had discovered my asexuality beforehand then I suspect things would have worked out differently, if this relationship breaks down the one good thing to come from it would be never having to have that specific compromise ever again...

The poll isn't well made. - I'd love to check 3 boxes in the first and 4 in the 2nd question and all of them don't answer the headline.

Horse Ham Radio
4 hours ago, Busrider said:

The poll isn't well made. - I'd love to check 3 boxes in the first and 4 in the 2nd question and all of them don't answer the headline.

Can you explain further? Which ones would you like to check in the first? What's wrong with the second?

SamwiseLovesLife

I love the meme/gif responses to this XD

I have had sex but not a sexual relationship.

You could not pay me enough to do that again.

Gross

binary suns

xD I checked off five different options for Q 2. I cared about them, they cared about me, they pressured me into it, I wanted to try it out, I didn't realize I was ace at the time, actually this relationship ultimately led me to realize that I might be, and ultimately it's just the way it played out. some of the sex was ok, most of it felt awkward but I did my best to behave with enthusiasm and caring for my partner. would I do it again? I have no clue. sometimes I wish I was still with her, and generally I think I'd like partnerships, but I don't particularly feel drawn to such a level of companionship. I like peer-type friendships best, really. personal, yet still impersonal. I'm like a kitty.. pet me once or twice, then I dance just out of reach and meow at you. 

Never been in a sexual relationship, and I don't ever want to be in one.  The idea of me having sex really repulses me

• 1 year later...

@nameinagame

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived