Let's say tomorrow you wake up and you realize you are your opposite gender, what would be your reaction?

Ruch33

Haaaaaalleluuuujah hallelujah hallelujah, halllelujah.

Hmmm not sure, i really like being a girl but i dont think being a boy would be all that bad, i really wouldn't know unless it happened

Ace ♠ At ♠ Archery

I would feel very comfy. No more periods, no boobs and no long hair.... actually I would be so happy! :D:cake:

I would be happy as hell. I've always wanted to be a man because I think men have easier lives.

swirl_of_blue

I assume you mean opposite sex. Opposite gender would, to me, mean waking up in the same body I have now but suddenly feeling (more) trans. That would be weird for me, as I am a weird agender/neutrois/slightly masculine flux in a very female body right now and I have no idea what the opposite gender would be. Maybe I would feel more female?

I have had dreams where I have a male body, and it has always felt natural. Not better or worse than I am, just somehow "right". If I were to wake up in a male body, I would be mostly happy as I really wish my body was more masculine than it is. The problems would be having to get new clothes as my body shape would be different and of course my family members and friends would be confused. I would also have to quit team sports or at least transfer to the mens' team...

YAY NO MORE PERIODS :D:D:D   and I can look more like Hiccup. :D  (granted I already do in my own way...but my self conscious and the way people address others down here... :/  I always second guess myself)

But then I'd feel dysphoric about having to socialize like the cis men do and yeah.. :/  . Though I've stuck with the guys at family parties long before I knew i wasn't cis just because sometimes they seem less judgmental. At least in my extended family anyway. 

Chieftain-Drake

My reaction would be, "Oh, huh. This is new. I could like this."

Then I'd realize that I no longer had to deal with female reproductive organs which would result in: 

tenor.gif

I'd blink, look like this: :huh:, :blink: check the mirror again, then shrug "This is interesting," and go about the day. Then while trying to get dressed I'd be a bit annoyed realizing that I now had to go shopping, but I'd be fine with the switch in general.

Then a little later I think this would occur to me: "Cool, no more bras or periods! And I can go swimming shirtless! And people won't expect me to be smiley and friendly for no reason anymore anymore!"

Additional underwear because boobs, periods and a weak bladder combined with a much less practical disposal system especially when on the road...

Doesn't sound appealing at all.

I would probably be more happy in general. Have a much better social life. And be more healthy.  I would basically be the one I was suppose to be. 

The period thing is the only thing that doesn't sound that appealing. 

I'd be so happy, even if it was just a day.  No more period or bra.  No more stupid female sex organs.  No boobs.  

Now I'm making myself sad that it's not true.

I'm genderfluid, so that would be a normal day for me. :)

If my sex changed to male reproductive organs, I'd be excited to try out different outfits, particularly my male ones. Being able to wear my clothes without a binder would be nice.

Comrade F&F

I would actually be horrified. :P

Sure, I don't wear dresses and I'm not exactly a lady, but I love my body the way it is. It's perfect.

I'd probably feel very vulnerable with that strange organ between the legs...you know, that 'super sensitive thing that causes tremendous pain if anyone hits it'. I'd rather bleed tissue matter once a month than deal with that every day!

Mezzo Forte

I'll just take this to mean that I'd be cis-male, and that'd honestly be awesome. My body would just naturally produce the right amount of testosterone, no needles necessary, I wouldn't need to fret over tons of surgeries, and my parts would be exactly as they should be.

Hell, even if I still lived in this body otherwise ravaged by estrogen-based puberty, just having the right hardware downstairs would be damn incredible. That said, if my body appeared as though it experienced the right puberty, then holy shit. My brother's >6' tall, so there's a chance I would have been closer to his height rather than the 5'2"~5'3" I am now. Maybe I would actually fit into adult men's clothes. Plus, I'd be sporting one hell of a beard by now.

(Now, if this meant that I became a cis-woman, then I'd be screwed because my progress with HRT would suddenly become a permanent source of distress :lol:)

Comrade F&F

Actually, after some thinking, I proooooobably would try and figure out how to roll with it, and not be downright terrified of the transformation. If I'm stuck with it...well...I'd be pretty unhappy. If it was temporary though, it would be a very...interesting...experience.

Honestly, I don't know. 

As in I'd be a cis male? If so I'd be thrilled. I'd be very, very happy.

If were talking about gender I would be fine because then my brain would finally match my body.

Talking about sex, my body would finally match my brain. Win win.

I do feel that transition surgery anc hormones would suddenly becomd a whole lot cheaper and more acceptable. As most of the population would suddenly become transgender.

Dodecahedron314

Opposite assigned gender: I would be 100% okay with getting rid of all the awkward convexities and concavities that shouldn't be there, and I'd definitely be a fan of having broader shoulders and being a bit more angular in general, so I have 0 problems with this situation.

Opposite gender-gender: How...how would that even work? Would that make me pangender? That sounds confusing, but also would probably be a really interesting experience.

butterflydreams

I'd bawl with happiness.

I'd probably try to track down the source of the magic/technology that did this to me cos...what else could it do???? Think of the power (and potential airships ^_^ )

Though this would be after buying lots of pretty things...cos while I am happy as a guy girls do get alllllll the best clothes...

Mundane Mesh

Gender or sex? Cause if gender, then I don't know because I don't have any experience with having an inherent gender identity and can't imagine what that would be like. But if I'd wake up with female anatomy on the other hand...

That would first of all seem very supernatural, so I'd be surprised to say the least. But just think about how awkward it would be to tell people about it. Especially to my parents. "Hey, you know that thing I usually have hanging between my legs? It sort of disappeared overnight... Also I have boobs now..." That would be Awkward with a capital A.

Comrade F&F
56 minutes ago, Tainted said:

Though this would be after buying lots of pretty things...cos while I am happy as a guy girls do get alllllll the best clothes...

I beg to differ. D:<

Archived