All things genderfluid!

Ruka S.

The-world-is-quiet-here

Is there any evidence of gender fluidity being... well, real/legitimate? I'm not trying to gatekeep anyone, or anything like that. But I was wondering, like in those studies where they show that trans wo/men's brains are more like the gender they identify as than what they were assigned at birth- are there things like that for gender fluidity? :) 

Note: I'm just wondering for myself. It's not, like, "to spite mean family members", or something like that. :P 

I've felt female-ish for sooo long by now. Like, it's been over a month. I'm starting to wonder if my masculinity or nb-ness was ever really a thing. I know it was, but it doesn't feel like it atm. Argh. And when I talk about it to myself, or when I think of posting on here, it feels like I'm just saying the same thing over and over again.

SimplyStormclouds

@Finn. This is actually really helpful and nice to hear, thank you so much? :D I'd not head of social dysphoria before but upon looking it up the literally first thing I saw was a definition that almost exactly described several experiences I've had... I'm kind of having an 'oh-my-gosh-there's-a-word-for-that' moment right now I'm gonna be honest

@The-world-is-quiet-here Oh boy this sounds familiar,,, maybe it's just cause I'm not super sure that I'm genderfluid yet but honestly on any given 'girl' day you're likely to find me sitting on my bed doubting every single time I've ever identified myself as non-binary/genderfluid. And then of course I'll switch to a nb/agender mood and regret wasting so much time doubting when I could have been painting, rinse, repeat. Longer stretches of femininity will inevitably yield greater and greater bouts of self doubt.

I hope you're doing alright, gender stuff is hard and confusing. :/

Oh also @Sean-Kat I actually am very artistic lmao? Like I play a few different instruments and also I very much enjoy drawing/painting as well as photography and graphic design and also regularly write poetry... It's a good time tbh

On 29.08.2017 at 10:38 PM, Charlie Weasley said:

I am mostly a boy/man.

Same. I don't really get my gender xD But I'm a guy all in all.

Charlie Weasley
1 hour ago, Emery. said:

Same. I don't really get my gender xD But I'm a guy all in all.

I find it can help to exclude what one is not

24 minutes ago, Charlie Weasley said:

I find it can help to exclude what one is not

I have no interest in knowing, I figure it's imposiible! :P Sometimes some ways of conceptualisimg soemthing are just wrong.

Archived