Anyone in the SCA?

Hiya! I've been in the SCA my entire life, from in-vitro to now, 18 years later. I was just wondering; is anyone else here apart of the SCA? If so, do you participate much? What kingdom/barony do you hail from? I'm from Rivenstar in Indiana! I've got one honor, "For grace under pressure", which was a misc. baronial honor. If anyone's wonder just what the hell the 'SCA' is, I'd be happy to answer questions as well! Basically, it's a year-round medieval reenactment group - nothing like ren-faires, as the SCA actually gives a damn about realism and historical fact. It can get pretty messy when people take it waaaay too seriously (It started as something akin to a toga party, then the medieval history buffs got ahold of it), but it is largely a ton of fun. You get to dress up in medieval garb! (roughly from 500 A.D. to 1750) 

Scottthespy

I'm in Kingdom Antire, Barony Boreolas, up in Canada. Its been years since I actually was able to go, but when I DID I was a ranger and a bard. There's a farmer not far from where I live who let us build an actual castle in one of his unused fields, and we have Quad War there, where four armies (thus 'quad') meet on the battle feild. Whichever army won LAST year gets the castle, and the other three try to claim it from them. It was at one of those wars that the legend of the Mysterious stranger who entered Bardic circle and took over began. It was my first time to anything other than tavern, and I didn't know any SCA songs, but I DID know a 15th century french song and a few songs in Latin, so I sang those....then disappeared into the night. The next day half the camp was talking about it. It was a good year. My mom started fencing lessons there.

Society of Cool Acrobats?

But joking aside, I've never heard of it but I love history related stuff, so I'm going to quietly sit in the corner and read up about it a bit more :P 

I'm the sort of person that would love to try historical re-enactmenting but have never been able to, so I'm liking this thread :D 

37 minutes ago, Ricchan said:

But joking aside, I've never heard of it but I love history related stuff, so I'm going to quietly sit in the corner and read up about it a bit more :P 

I'm the sort of person that would love to try historical re-enactmenting but have never been able to, so I'm liking this thread :D 

'Society for Creative Anachronism'! It's a pretty cool club type thing, I highly recommend you check it out!

SorryNotSorry
14 hours ago, Ricchan said:

No, but I once built a Sub-Carrier Audio electronic kit... I hooked it up to an FM receiver and was able to tune in commercial-free music and Persian-language broadcasts...

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So, I’m about 9 months late to this party but I’m a Midrealmer from Barony of Ayreton.  To the person who started the thread, if you happen to know any fencers then you and I may  have some mutual acquaintances in Rivenstar.  I would love to connect with more aces in the SCA. 

Archived