Toilet Paper Roll (Over or Under)

Pramana

Toilet Paper Roll (Over or Under)  

170 members have voted

1. 1. When changing a roll of toilet paper, do you prefer to orientate it so that the paper falls over or under the roll?

• Over.
    • Under.
    • Either way. I have no preference.
    • I don't change toilet paper rolls. I leave that task for other people.

This poll is closed to new votes

Hermit Advocate
1 hour ago, Pramana said:

@Hey you in the corner I must say that the patent diagram is the most authoritative evidence presented to date.

I know, I refer to it when my sister argues with me about which way it should go. Which is funny because she says the main reason she turns it the other way is so the cats won't play with it, but they have never once unraveled a role of toilet paper to my knowledge. 

2 minutes ago, Hey you in the corner said:

I know, I refer to it when my sister argues with me about which way it should go. Which is funny because she says the main reason she turns it the other way is so the cats won't play with it, but they have never once unraveled a role of toilet paper to my knowledge. 

I am also kind of surprised to discover that it was a patent-worthy invention.

Hermit Advocate
Just now, Pramana said:

I am also kind of surprised to discover that it was a patent-worthy invention.

Well yeah, think about how much the toilet paper industry must be worth.

No preference do to the complete lack of toilet paper holder in recent dwellings.

And by dwellings I mean architecture mishmash hellscapes.

• 3 weeks later...
Anomaly Q3Xr

It should always be over.  If I am anywhere and it is under, I will change it.

On 4/19/2017 at 0:52 PM, Starscream said:

Over! If I ever find it in the under position, whether it's in my home or not, I will totally change it to over. :P

11 hours ago, Steve M said:

It should always be over.  If I am anywhere and it is under, I will change it.

Two members willing to take direct action!

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I'll accommodate it the way it rolls faster and cleaner, most of those that has a metallic form over would stop the paper from rolling fast if it rolls over, therefore I'll go inverse if I had permission to change the paper or if I was in control of putting in the paper (say if I was staying at my sister house or the like for example), but if under will touch the wall, then I wouldn't go that way, same if it rolls too fast and falls touch the floor. :unsure: 

I don't have to put the paper in cute way because so far I don't share the bathroom. 

On 28/4/2017 at 2:29 PM, Graceful said:

Only Satan rolls under.

Hello! I came to Aven to visit you. :) 

everywhere and nowhere

Under. I find "over" kinda uncomfortable.

Over. I hate it when public restrooms have it under. It means there's a chance my fingers will touch the wall/container behind/under the toilet paper and who knows what has happened and the last time it was cleaned..

• 4 months later...

Scientifically humans prefer having it hang over because we can see it and can identify any threats. This is particularly important in Australia, or any where else with large numbers of small, poisonous spiders...

Over. That is what the producers say for starters. But most importantly having it close to the wall make it touch the wall much more as you go to grab it, making the wall full of shit and bacterias. So according to the producers and health experts say it should be over, away from the wall.

It also look better  over with the patterns etc.

I chose 'it doesn't matter', but I probably fall into the 'other' category. I take the roll off the holder and wrap things around my hand that way. It gives me more coverage and control.

I'm amazed by the popularity of this topic! It's rare for an AVEN poll to top 150 votes. Members are more attentive to this issue than they are to staff elections, although I'm impressed that decorum and civility have been retained throughout what can be a heated emotional debate.

• 3 months later...

@Pramana

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived