Toilet Paper Roll (Over or Under)

Pramana

Toilet Paper Roll (Over or Under)  

170 members have voted

1. 1. When changing a roll of toilet paper, do you prefer to orientate it so that the paper falls over or under the roll?

• Over.
    • Under.
    • Either way. I have no preference.
    • I don't change toilet paper rolls. I leave that task for other people.

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm hesitant to start a poll on such a controversial topic, but I believe we need to have some hard statistical data.

If you would like to provide reasons to justify your answer, by all means do so. But given the extremely sensitive nature of this topic, I would remind everyone to stick to the arguments and to avoid personal attacks.

Over.

Though at my house we don't have a "holder".

Elftober Country

Over. 

You are right, it is too controversial and sensitive to discuss my reasonings, but rest assured, I have them :P

Over! If I ever find it in the under position, whether it's in my home or not, I will totally change it to over. :P

I used to have a cat who liked to play with the toilet roll. When I had it going over he unrolled the whole roll into the bathtub, which had a very slow but constant drip, so I got home to a bathtub full of soggy toilet paper. I tried switching the roll to under. The next time I got home to a bathtub full of soggy shredded toilet paper. After that I kept the roll in a covered container next to the toilet. That was ages ago and the cat is long gone, so now I'm back to over. :)

I don't care either way so as long as it's on the holder. ;

If the holder is below my elbow joint when I'm on the toilet, over. If the holder is above my elbow joint when I'm on the toilet, under. 

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Over, never under.

Do people actually argue about stuff like that? :D I live alone, so.

BTW, over. Somehow I tend to rip the paper apart when I don't mean to when it's an under roll.

OMFG.

2 hours ago, Ocean Eyes said:

I don't give a shit.

then do you even need toilet paper?

I don't know whether things are different in other countries or on other continents, but the first sheet is "glued" to the rest of the roll over here. You have to pull it off before using it, which just makes "over" the natural state afterwards. At least it does for me...

@aeimquy159; @Homer It's uplifting to encounter people who use logic to explain their preference, rather than appealing to pure emotion.

@Starscream I respect that you're committed enough to be an activist on this issue, even taking it to the level of interfering with other people's property.

@October Country Sometimes the mature decision is to leave your explanation unsaid.

23 minutes ago, Pramana said:

@Starscream I respect that you're committed enough to be an activist on this issue, even taking it to the level of interfering with other people's property.

They'll never know what hit 'em! :ph34r::lol:

8 minutes ago, Pramana said:

That's some fine civil disobedience.

Every day is a new crusade in the life of civil disobedience! 8)

Over is best UNLESS you have a cat as they will spin it around and if you put it on under it just spins harmlessly while over makes it all come undone.

I don't have a cat though so my house has it the right way :P 

I just noticed that this thread currently has a "hot" trending highlight. I'm proud that the good people of AVEN are showing due consideration to this divisive issue, despite knowing that doing so will be a mentally and emotionally draining endeavour.

Archived