Puella Magi Madoka Magica?

aquas

Yikes. Long name, no doubt.

Anyone know that anime? Literally anyone

That anime is by far one of the best I have ever seen. The OST is magnificent - here's a link to my personal favorite song from the soundtrack! :)

For those who watched it, who was your favorite character? I'm pretty sure you could guess who mine is...

tumblr_oh3zrdEeLx1vjg8rio1_500.gif

(oh god pls tell me you guys can see the gif)

And for those who haven't, PLEASE consider it! It's rather short (12 episodes and a movie) but well worth it! :)

I pretty sure anyone who watches anime knows of this show.

For those who haven't seen it though, this is a perfectly normal, light-hearted, magical girl anime about the power of friendship overcoming evil.  Absolutely nothing suspicious about it.

Holy smokes this anime. Yes, 'tis a lighthearted show. Please indulge yourselves, friends. 

Make sure to drink lots of water because every drop of moisture in your body might come out of your eyeballs I mean *cough* It's so happy happy! :) 

Ah, I love that one.  Totally did not mess with me in any way. <_<  

I have not clicked at an AVEN thread faster in my life. PMMM is my shit. The series was the bomb (that made me cry like a bitch), but ever since watching Rebellion three years ago, I have legit not been the same person. As controversial as it was, and even though I felt really nauseous at the end and lost my appetite for a week, losing 10lbs as a result (I shit you not), I pretty much sold my soul to the franchise because of that movie. Now that was a story!

I believe my current profile picture should tell you who my favorite character is. Homura is my precious anime child basically. Also MadoHomu is life :')

44 minutes ago, K!m said:

I have not clicked at an AVEN thread faster in my life. PMMM is my shit. The series was the bomb (that made me cry like a bitch), but ever since watching Rebellion three years ago, I have legit not been the same person. As controversial as it was, and even though I felt really nauseous at the end and lost my appetite for a week, losing 10lbs as a result (I shit you not), I pretty much sold my soul to the franchise because of that movie. Now that was a story!

I believe my current profile picture should tell you who my favorite character is. Homura is my precious anime child basically. Also MadoHomu is life :')

ASDFGHJKL; I AM GLAD YOU CLICKED HERE FAST THAT MEANS A LOT TO ME

WELCOME

REBELLION

THAT FREAKING MOVIE WAS SO DISTURBING (even for PMMM)

WHEN HOMURA HAS THAT SOUL GEM THING COMING OUT OF HER MOUTH??? I FELT LIKE PUKING WH--

Any favorite characters besides Homura? ^-^

59 minutes ago, TessaMe said:

Ah, I love that one.  Totally did not mess with me in any way. <_<  

Oh! Got a favorite character?

1 hour ago, _rio said:

Holy smokes this anime. Yes, 'tis a lighthearted show. Please indulge yourselves, friends. 

Make sure to drink lots of water because every drop of moisture in your body might come out of your eyeballs I mean *cough* It's so happy happy!

IKR? I loved it! It really has Sailor Moon beat when it comes to cutesy-cute things. cx

btw who was your favorite character??? :0

1 minute ago, light-brush said:

IKR? I loved it! It really has Sailor Moon beat when it comes to cutesy-cute things. cx

btw who was your favorite character??? :0

Just like K!m, it has to be Homura. Talk about a complex character. 

6 hours ago, light-brush said:

Any favorite characters besides Homura? ^-^

ALL OF THEM

Well, all of them except Kyosuke. He's a douchebag. Kyubey's a douchebag too, but that's just how his character is so I can't really hate him for that. Anyway, I love everyone in the Holy Quintet, as well as Nagisa and Hitomi and the Kaname family. But if I had to pick a second favorite, it would have to be my daughter-in-law Madoka ♥️ (It was actually Kyoko previously.)

16 hours ago, light-brush said:

Oh! Got a favorite character?

I'd say Homura.  Damn, I need to go watch this again.

I found this show boring.  It was incredibly predictable and I agreed with Kyuubei's reasoning.  Also, the "lightheartedness" that everyone has mentioned was exactly that, light.  I didn't enjoy the series at all.

My post is in no way sarcastic as I found everyone else's to be.  My comments are meant to be understood exactly as I wrote them.  

It's been a while since I watched this show so I can't honestly remember who my favourite character is. 

I did like the show though, I should watch it again. XD

I remember the first thing I saw of it was one of the movies in theatres because all my friends loved it at the time. I had no idea what was happening. Lol

nerdperson777

I only watched it because a friend told me to.  I was too clueless to see how dark it was getting until the stabbing.  I was told to watch it because it was the theme of a group performance.

http://kevinphotography.net/2016/06/fanime-2016-masquerade-a-fantasy-cosplay-martial-arts/

I was in their group the previous year and I got kicked out this year because of something that wasn't my fault.

I loved this anime. It was a bit hard to get into with the whole slice of life stuff in the beginning, I'm more of a Ninja Scroll person. I stuck with it and the story got really good, It's one of my favorites. I definitely recommend it.

8 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I was in their group the previous year and I got kicked out this year because of something that wasn't my fault.

Aw, sorry to hear that. :(

nerdperson777
12 minutes ago, light-brush said:

Aw, sorry to hear that. :(

Well I started something on accident but I didn't know the person against me was a drama queen who couldn't be apologized to even if you offer them anything they want.

I don't watch much anime anymore, but my brother told me I had to watch it, when I looked it up it didn't look like my taste, to much pink.... but oh geez was it amazing, it is a magnificent series! 

also, best character: that alien thing, definitely, didn't think I'd like him because he looked like the cutesy animal companion, but he is just spectacular 

also I really liked how the witches labyrinths looked...

I... actually have not seen Rebellion yet. But I did end up cosplay as school-girl Madoka for Anime Expo 2015. Still remains one of my all-time favorite series.

On 4/20/2017 at 0:35 PM, aeimquy159 said:

I loved this anime. It was a bit hard to get into with the whole slice of life stuff in the beginning, I'm more of a Ninja Scroll person. I stuck with it and the story got really good, It's one of my favorites. I definitely recommend it.

I watched the Ninja Scroll movie recently.  Literally every single woman in it was completely naked at least once.  😒

On 4/27/2017 at 4:20 AM, ponz said:

I watched the Ninja Scroll movie recently.  Literally every single woman in it was completely naked at least once.  😒

Hahaha I haven't watched it in years. I use Ninja Scroll as my go to example since I generally only watch stuff rated MA.

I've seen the show, the English dub outtakes, and one of the movies (wasn't that basically just a recap though?). I love shows that twist genres like that! This, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Gakkou Gurashi, etc.That soundtrack though...Symposium Magarum is one of my favorites! Hmm...I don't think I have a favorite character though.

MAAAADOOOOKAAAA MAAAGIIIICAAAA

(I love it.  I think it's the anime I've seen the most times.  Like 6 or 7 times through at this point?  The OST is sooo good and I like how a lot of it is all low-key variations of "Sis Puella Magica. And the art is phenomenal, especially in Rebellion.  And I love the witch runes so much I even made my own simplified handwritten version.)

Yay, more Homura fans! 😆 There will actually be a continuation. There's a trailer for it, which is called "Concept movie". I'd share a video link but it looks like the Blu-ray disc version has been taken down, and all that remain are fancams and reaction videos to it.

I grew up with magical girl anime but "grew out of it" until I watched PMMM and it launched me right back in again. I loved how the show played with the genre, and it really appealed to me as a cynical adult woman who had grown up wanting to believe in magic and miracles. Of course, the real world is unfair and magic doesn't really exist (and the anime got edgy and dark as a result of that) - but I felt that Madoka's hope and strength was a beautiful thing in the face of it and whatever its flaws, it got me through some tough times.

I wasn't sure how to feel about the Rebellion movie - I absolutely loved the aesthetic of it and Homura's demon outfit is so beautiful (I'm also a Homura fan) but I don't think the franchise actually needed any more content. My friends and I call PMMM the Evangelion of the Magical Girl Genre, so I think it will go in the same direction with a billion spinoffs and movies and new characters ..... but then I also know it's inevitable that I'm going to watch every single thing and love every single hopeful tragic magical girl with all my heart.

I drew a bunch of fanart for Madoka Magica back in the day as well. :D

On 4/27/2017 at 3:20 AM, ponz said:

Literally every single woman in it was completely naked at least once.  😒

Haha! XD I honestly hate movies like that.

On 4/29/2017 at 3:50 PM, gaogao said:

I drew a bunch of fanart for Madoka Magica back in the day as well. :D

I love your fanart of them - Madoka and Kyoko especially! :)

I have a tumblr as well - I'll be sure to follow you. :)

3 hours ago, light-brush said:

I love your fanart of them - Madoka and Kyoko especially! :)

I have a tumblr as well - I'll be sure to follow you. :)

Ahh thanks! I've followed you back using my main account (xtynn) --  I don't update as much as I used to though - I'm more active on Instagram. My Madoka Magica tag is here - I reblog lots of gifs and things as well ;; 

I'm really glad you liked the fanart. The one that you reblogged is actually a crossover with the Precure franchise - someone wrote a really great fic for it some time ago and it made me cry ^^''

:Gush: I love the original TV show very much. I am not wild about the English dubbed version because it dumbs down the language a whole lot. The original japanese (via the subtitles) is beautiful. The voice acting for the English version also leaves a lot to be desired. I liked the twist in the movie plot. The art for both is AMAZING. I've got a bunch of Charlotte stickers and such. You can find them on Redbubble. It's kinda hard to find good merch for this show/movie. 

What do you all think about the witch concept? That soulless magical girls go evil after a while. Or people who are spiraling in negative thoughts go all evil witch? That's me sometimes, sorry to say. Major depression makes everything crazy in a no fun kinda way. Seems like it would take a lot of mental fortitude to be a magical girl. 

What are some other magical girl themed shows etc that you all enjoy? I'm not familiar with the genre on the whole. I just found Madoka on Netflix. 

Archived