Goodbye IP.Chat, hello ArrowChat!

Coleslaw

Wow, the main feature I use on this site is gone to mobile users.  AVEN has just been getting better and better.  ( –_– )

@ponz, it was either that, or no chat at all. It took three months and more searching to find this host 

The chat worked fine before that.  o_o

The host ended their service so there were two options:  No chat or the current chat we have, besides there is also this part i bolded in the first post

On 18-4-2017 at 7:00 AM, Coleslaw said:

Hey everyone,

As some of you are aware, Invision Community Suites will be discontinuing their chat service on April 30th, 2017. We have been working over this past weekend to upgrade to a new chat service for AVEN, ready to launch for all members within the next two weeks.

There will be many differences with the new chat, provided by ArrowChat. First, we regret to inform everyone that ArrowChat will not be available on mobile at launch time. We have purchased a basic license of ArrowChat until we have a chance to assess the impact of a self-hosted chat on our server; if forecasted costs look to remain within our current raised budget, we will upgrade to full mobile support, so consider this a soft launch of the platform.

The desktop only thing is only temporary, we will get an upgrade to mobile chat soon too if all goes well so we just have to do it with our desktops untill then :) 

On ‎22‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 8:40 AM, WünderBâhr said:

There should be a (purple?) menu bar at the bottom of the page, with chat as an icon in the bottom right, next to the hide chat icon.

Life saver! Took me so long to see that, I was looking at the place where it used to be ;)

Thank you

Y'all will have to do with your desktops.  My sensory regulation issues can't handle it.  😩  Guess I'll just have to wait around for mobile.  I hope it looks nice.

Does anyone know when this will actually be up and running (or am I just blind and missing it)?

It's been up for about a bit over a week now. It's that purple bar thing down the bottom of the screen.

11 hours ago, Tal Shi'ar said:

It's been up for about a bit over a week now. It's that purple bar thing down the bottom of the screen.

Thanks Tal!

chair jockey
1 minute ago, Rio said:

I'm an idiot. Is our chat up again yet? Point me to it.

It's the purple bar at the bottom of every AVEN forum page. The symbols to the right are to enter the rooms. There is a very useful thread on how to use the new chat in Announcements, and I recommend it before entering chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it available on mobile yet?

Archived