Battle For Berkeley

carbomb

2 minutes ago, Sally said:

Why be "shook"?   It's Berkeley.  

And Berkeley is part of the United States. A country that is supposed to guarantee freedom of speech.

Oh good lord no one's denying anyone's freedom of speech.  

Also, you may not know Berkeley the way I do -- there's great doubt that Berkeley's actually part of the US.  It's never been, and no one really expect it to be.   So un-shook yourself.  

16 minutes ago, Sally said:

Oh good lord no one's denying anyone's freedom of speech.

The Berkeley police (from all the footage I've seen) largely refrained from intervening. We can not take an apathetic attitude towards political violence.

18 minutes ago, Sally said:

Also, you may not know Berkeley the way I do -- there's great doubt that Berkeley's actually part of the US.  It's never been, and no one really expect it to be.   So un-shook yourself.  

Are you talking about Berkeley, California?

You'd have to complain to the Berkeley police if you're unsatisfied with their actions or non-actions.  

Yes, of course I'm talking about Berkeley, California.  I was born 50 miles from there and knew it pretty well until I moved to Seattle.  It hasn't changed its reputation, and no one really takes it seriously.  

Oh believe me, I'll be having some words for the Berkeley Police.

Well, it seems as though people are taking it pretty seriously now, what with Antifa attacking 3 times in less than a year.

39 minutes ago, yourcaptaiin said:

We can not take an apathetic attitude towards political violence.

According to your link, the pro trump rally was "starring" Kevin Chapman, who is "famous" for assaulting a person at the previous encounter with a stick.

This is all in your link though I don't feel a person should be considered famous for assaulting another individual.

Participants on both sides are as violent as each other

4 hours ago, yourcaptaiin said:

And Berkeley is part of the United States. A country that is supposed to guarantee freedom of speech.

Okay this always irks me, only the goverment can infringe on your freedom of speech. Were the police stopping the rally?

Also be aware from where you get any information. I am not saying where is get your information is wrong, but understand the bias from which the information is being filtered. 

6 hours ago, iff said:

According to your link, the pro trump rally was "starring" Kevin Chapman, who is "famous" for assaulting a person at the previous encounter with a stick.

Chapman's assault was justified. Antifa started a fight, Chapman finished it.

3 hours ago, BlueSaint said:

Okay this always irks me, only the goverment can infringe on your freedom of speech. 

No. If a terrorist group attacks you for voicing opinions that they don't like, that's an infringement on freedom of speech.

Were the police stopping the rally?

They didn't stop the rally. They didn't stop the attack either. The police didn't do jack shit.

Also be aware from where you get any information. I am not saying where is get your information is wrong, but understand the bias from which the information is being filtered. 

Yeah, I read a bunch of other articles on the attack (though there aren't many because the media doesn't want to report on this), this is just the one that had the most direct footage from it. Here are all the other articles on it:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-berkeley-trump-rally-20170415-story.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-berkeley-trump-rally-pictures-photogallery.html

http://nypost.com/2017/04/15/bloody-brawl-erupts-at-trump-tax-protest-in-berkeley/

6 hours ago, iff said:

Participants on both sides are as violent as each other

No. There is no possible equivalency to be drawn here. Antifa was throwing bricks, explosives, and using pepper spray. The sides are not equal, one side is to blame.

31 minutes ago, yourcaptaiin said:

No. If a terrorist group attacks you for voicing opinions that they don't like, that's an infringement on freedom of speech.

Nope.  You still voiced the opinions;  nobody prevented you from doing that.  And in the US, the legal right to freedom of speech means only that the government cannot imprison or otherwise penalize you as  result  of your speech against the government.   If you yell at me, and I yell  back at you, that's not denying your freedom of speech; it's simply an argument.  

Antifa was throwing m80s into the crowd. 

Also, breaking and burning things at a protest, is illegal. Attacking and throwing explosives is too. Stopping you isn't infringment on your speech. They are stopping you because youre assaulting and vandalizing private and public property.

Honestly it seems like both sides are using Berkley as a symbolic setting in whatever bullshit they are trying to prove. You know what I don't care enough to deal with this shit. Here is the last thing I am going to say about politics here for hopefully the foreseeable future: everyone needs to stop being monstrous to each other and start being decent people.

1 hour ago, BlueSaint said:

Honestly it seems like both sides are using Berkley as a symbolic setting in whatever bullshit they are trying to prove. 

Exactly.  That's what everyone's always done, and that's why it's silly to get upset about what happens there.  

1 hour ago, Sally said:

Exactly.  That's what everyone's always done, and that's why it's silly to get upset about what happens there.  

Even if what happened there was a terrorist attack?

11 hours ago, Sally said:

If you yell at me, and I yell  back at you, that's not denying your freedom of speech; it's simply an argument.  

But they weren't getting yelled at. They were getting explosives hurled at them. That's not a valid comparison.

1 hour ago, yourcaptaiin said:

Even if what happened there was a terrorist attack?

Look at what happened in San  Bernardino and a number of places in Europe.  Those were terrorist attacks.  

But if you want to hang onto this and make it into something it wasn't, you're welcome to do so.  

1 minute ago, Sally said:

Look at what happened in San  Bernardino and a number of places in Europe.  Those were terrorist attacks.  

But if you want to hang onto this and make it into something it wasn't, you're welcome to do so.  

Terrorist: "a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."
Antifa is a group of terrorists. They attacked.

So what are you going to do about it?   What action will you take?

1 minute ago, Sally said:

So what are you going to do about it?   What action will you take?

I don't know. There's not really much that a fifteen year-old can do to fight domestic terrorism. I might join the Proud Boys, they seem like a hoot and a half. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on my local Antifa group and trying to curb them as much as possible. I run a conservative activism group at my school, so we'll definitely be having some words about this. We might do some sort of event about it, but probably not. I might write a bill for my Youth & Government group to declare Antifa as a terrorist organization and take legal action against them. But my hands are pretty tied; I can't really fight them physically because if I were to be arrested, my entire future would be gone. If in nine years, Antifa's still around and this sort of thing's still happening, I'll do anything in my power as a lawyer to ensure that they go to prison. I'm just incredibly angry about this incident and I don't really have any constructive outlets for it. I just fucking hate being fifteen.

The Terrible Travis
12 minutes ago, yourcaptaiin said:

I might join the Proud Boys

tumblr_inline_oojl41ly2E1u9zit1_540.png

it's not worth it

5 minutes ago, AcePsycho86 said:

tumblr_inline_oojl41ly2E1u9zit1_540.png

it's not worth it

Sounds worth it to me. I already abstain from masturbation.

Also I think they allow you to masturbate within one yard of a woman if you have her permission, though.

(Actually now that I think about it they sound like a cult)

ChillaKilla
2 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

The woman who got punched was Antifa and made threats all over social media about collecting "Nazi scalps" as trophies of combat. All I can say is "Equality", when she got punched. Their whole "unsuspecting female" narrative is full of shit and a blatant lie.

I can't believe anyone is defending that horrible person. She went with the intention of violence. If you can't take the heat, stay outta the kitchen. Also, she looks andro/masculine and could have been mistaken as male since she was dressed in full gear.

10 hours ago, yourcaptaiin said:

I might join the Proud Boys, they seem like a hoot and a half.

Yeah, joining a violent organization is the right way to fight violence.

Also, joining a group of weirdos can also ruin your future especially in this age of everything being online for future employers to see. Being 15, your opinions about things will change about a billion times during your lifetime, so doing anything radical is hardly a good choice.

ChillaKilla
13 hours ago, yourcaptaiin said:

I might join the Proud Boys

Oh yeah, the group with the leader who believes blacks are genetically inferior to whites, not to mention the members who are proud to be misogynists, support Identity Evropa and call everyone and their grandmother a f*g. Stay classy, dude /sarcasm.

1 minute ago, ChillaKilla said:

Oh yeah, the group with the leader who believes blacks are genetically inferior to whites and got arrested for terrorizing a man that he SUSPECTED was a Muslim. Stay classy, dude /sarcasm.

it doesn't count if they're right wing intolerance/violences *sarcasm*

ChillaKilla
6 hours ago, スバル said:

The woman who got punched was Antifa and made threats all over social media about collecting "Nazi scalps" as trophies of combat. All I can say is "Equality", when she got punched. Their whole "unsuspecting female" narrative is full of shit and a blatant lie.

I can't believe anyone is defending that horrible person. She went with the intention of violence. If you can't take the heat, stay outta the kitchen. Also, she looks andro/masculine and could have been mistaken as male since she was dressed in full gear.

And what of the people waving white supremacist symbols and yelling anti-black, anti-Semitic phrases, mockingly throwing bagels at counterprotestors (calling them Jewish) and such? 

Archived