Am I Akoiromantic?

Mere Queer

So, throughout my life, my romantic attraction had faded for every crush I've known to have had liked me back. The definition for Akoiromanticism basically states that an akoiromantic person doesn't wish for their feelings to be reciprocated and/or their romantic attraction for a person fades after their attraction is reciprocated. As I stated before, this has always been the case for me, though my romantic attraction for a person usually doesn't begin to fade until after about 2-3 weeks of them showing romantic interest towards me. Usually, after three weeks, my attraction doesn't slowly fade, it almost fades altogether. If the flirting continues after that, I begin to feel repulsed. Not only that, but at first, I usually wish for my romantic feelings to be reciprocated, until they are. I thought I was akoi (and I'm 100% sure I'm asexual), but because of these factors I'm not sure if I'm actually akoiromantic or if a different romantic label would fit me better (if there's a label for what I'm feeling at all). I know I don't necessarily need a label, but for me it's like a crutch to lean on when I have to explain my sexual/romantic identity to someone, so it's nice to have one. So, my question is, am I akoiromantic? 

Akoi (or akoine) has prefix problems; no one knows where the heck it came from/what it means (nor do any of the theories on its prefix make any sense toward the term's definition). Its original and more popular term is Lithromantic, but that's a metaphor. Aporomantic is the only non-problematic variation of the term (but less known; though Lith really isn't that problematic). But the popular definition of this is actually wrong. Most people like this DO desire reciprocation, they just don't react positively when it actually happens. Aporomantic and Frayromantic  do largely overlap and need to be slightly redefined. If you wanna avoid all this technicality all together or choose a more self-explanatory term, all this stuff is under the umbrella term Gray-aromantic (though being able to date and then not is more smack in the middle rather than falling more to one side of the Gray spectrum).

Originally Apo referred to both; a non-positive reaction to reciprocation immediately and over time, but then Frayromantic came about somewhatly recently, as well as other variations to it (e.g. crushing on ppl but once they start to befriend them they lose attraction; not because the person turned out to be unattractive). (Some also started to say Frays can rarely keep attraction, but that's just factually a normal behavior. It may not be a majority, but such a thing isn't too uncommon either; which is the whole point of the Gray spectrum; being unusual.) Personally the alteration needs to amount to Apo being unable to be in a relationship while Frays can. Apo was also occasionally defined with including the reaction of indifference, but that really doesn't need to be there because it'd be the only one that could stay in a relationship, so the second alteration would be "unpositive reaction to reciprocation".

Archived