Confused

I have never in my life been attracted to anyone I have ever saw. Like I've never wanted to be in a relationship with anyone because I've never been attracted to them. Yet, i do get attracted to fictional characters but I would still never imagine being in a relationship with them. Also,  I'm attracted to the idea of having sex but I can never see anyone fulfilling that role in my mind. It's just really confusing to me that im attracted to the idea of having a relationship but nobody ever sparks my interest or desire .  Im just really confused right now and wondering if I might be slightly asexual?(i know nobody but me can really answer that question, sadly) Btw im still a teenager so maybe it's just my brain at the moment?  And sorry if I submitted this to the wrong section!

Comrade F&F

Hard to say - no one can give you a straight answer. You'll have to find it on your own.

Stick around, read some threads, and see what other people feel like here. Also, welcome to Aven!:cake:

• Like 1

1. Welcome!!!!! :D:cake:

2. Only you can decide whether or not you identify as asexual.

3. You do sound like you might be somewhere on the ace spectrum. There's lots of information here on AVEN that you might want to give a read-through.

4. Your sexual identity is something you are born with. Most sexual people have experienced some form of attraction all their lives. It's often hard for asexuals to notice that we don't experience this kind of feeling until we get to be teenagers, and everyone else starts pairing off. 

AVEN #1 fan
35 minutes ago, Starfall said:

1. Welcome!!!!! :D:cake:

2. Only you can decide whether or not you identify as asexual.

3. You do sound like you might be somewhere on the ace spectrum. There's lots of information here on AVEN that you might want to give a read-through.

4. Your sexual identity is something you are born with. Most sexual people have experienced some form of attraction all their lives. It's often hard for asexuals to notice that we don't experience this kind of feeling until we get to be teenagers, and everyone else starts pairing off. 

Well, 4 isn't perfectly accurate, some people because of neurodiversities, emotional exhaustion, bad experiences or traumas abandon their sexual nature.

You seem to be heading in a good direction, so like the others have said look around and ask as many questions you need to be comfortable with yourself.

Also since you brought it up in your first post you may have concerns about your fictional attractions. It isn't a big deal, I had those interests since before puberty. For me at least the fact they are fictional allows for additional disconnect, when I do fantasize it is usually from an omniscience position. You may be asking why I am bring this up at all, because its not an issue you should worry yourself over. There is an entire thread of people listing their fictional crushes, so seriously don't worry. Enjoy your stay.

4 hours ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Well, 4 isn't perfectly accurate, some people because of neurodiversities, emotional exhaustion, bad experiences or traumas abandon their sexual nature.

I did say 'most' sexual people, but thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1