Black ring of asexuality?

I've heard about the black ring but never seen it on anyone. Is it common practice to use it? 

Hermit Advocate

I think it's more of a personal preference that a common practice. I personally wear a black ring and I love it, but some people don't like wearing jewelry or don't want to potentially disclose the fact that their ace. It's really up to the individual if they want to wear one. 

• Like 3

I've heard that it's a common symbol asexual's use to represent themselves, but I've never even met another asexual in real life, so I don't know how common it is.  I personally like the idea, so I plan on getting one to wear, but as to whether or not it is common I don't know.  

• Like 2
Venus Darling

Well, I read a lot about it on foruns and sites and a friend of mine wears it.
Besides her, I've seen none around. Actually, I've never paid too much attention on it. haha 💧
I have one and I wear it always because I love rings and I feel awesome. hahaha 💜

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I wear one, not many ask what it symbolizes though. 

• Like 1

It's one of those things that since hearing about it I keep an eye out. Personally though the only jewelery I wear are watches though I express myself in other ways. When I still used my blank belt I had an ace belt buckle and the only t-shirt I wear out anymore are in the asexual colors. All of this is for visibility so keep that in mind before you adopt anything. No one can make the decision if you want to be out other than yourself. 

I have a black ring, but I didn't know it was a symbol of asexuality until an AVEN member told me about it.  

• Like 1

Never heard of this before...though, funny enough, I frequently wear a black ring.

Ive got one and it seems to be at least a little common. Though I've never seen anyone else with one on. 

okay-but-martin-freeman

I wear mine 24/7! No one acknowledged it beyond my friends and family (even then they didn't know what it meant); so yeah, there are people who wear 'em! It's just that asexuals in general are very rare, and not all asexuals wear the black ring.

My advice is to just wear a black ring for you, yknow? I wear mine as a reminder that I'm not broken, I'm valid, and there are people out here who understand me.

But you could wear it in hopes that one day someone will notice! I think it's highly unlikely you'll meet another asexual who knows about the ring AND sees it on your hand, but I've heard of some people who've had it happen! :) ♡♤

• Like 5

(To clarify, the ring goes on your right middle finger. I hear aromantics use a white one on the left middle finger, but that's still new and may or may not last.)

I have a black ring and wear it as much as I can (though I forget a good amount).😅

• Like 1

I wear mine every day. I also learned that someone I knew was ace because I saw they were wearing an ace ring. I talked to her about it and it definitely made us closer friends. 

• Like 2

I have one but i constantly lose it so never wear it much. I have a few ace friends and none of them have ever heard about it.

okay-but-martin-freeman

I wear my ace ring 24/7! I only take it off to go to the bathroom, wash my hands or wash it. I've also ordered a silver aro ring for my left middle finger as well!!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Rowan220 said:

I have one but i constantly lose it so never wear it much. I have a few ace friends and none of them have ever heard about it.

The one time I thought I lost my ring, I got super stressed out. Like a part of me is missing.

Red Sun Rises

I used to wear mine all the time, and then I gained a huge amount of weight and my fingers are too fat now lol.  It was part of my daily attire, one of my staples (glasses on head, ace ring on finger, One Ring on opposite hand).

Red Sun Rises
5 hours ago, Smixysmoo said:

I wear my ace ring 24/7! I only take it off to go to the bathroom, wash my hands or wash it. I've also ordered a silver aro ring for my left middle finger as well!!

Ooooo!  I didn't realize that was the aro ring!  I have to get one for meself.

• Like 1
MakeupJunkie4

I think it just depends on the person. Just like some gay/lesbian people wear rainbow flag gear, but others don't. I'm getting a ring as soon as I can afford a nice one. 👍♠🍰

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I found these on Amazon the other day...a group of four rings in the colors of the asexual flag; they are also silicone which is nice. :o 

61KkOOuVBNL._SL1500_.jpg

Here's a link if you want, it was less than $10 for the four of them. Be warned they fit snuggly (or I just ordered the wrong size). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015K4QQFS/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

• Like 1

I only remove mine when I shave (to avoid scratching my skin) and when I do the dishes.

There's another dude at work who also wears a black ring on the right hand middle finger but never asked him about it.

I wear one and have also identified other aces by one (also by a fabulous ace flag beanie)

Something in Nothing

I literally just bought mine today. I want it to remind me that im fine the way i am. When coworkers talk about setting me up or how i need to get back out there, i can look at it and remember that i am valid and others understand me. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2017 at 3:33 AM, Nidwin said:

I only remove mine when I shave (to avoid scratching my skin) and when I do the dishes.

I'd wear mine all the time if I wasn't worried about losing my only ($20) black ring in my sleep or whatnot. They're not that easy to find in stores.

1 hour ago, Star Bit said:

I'd wear mine all the time if I wasn't worried about losing my only ($20) black ring in my sleep or whatnot. They're not that easy to find in stores.

The Walmart I got mine from had several black rings when I got mine. The only one they have now is $45 (mine was $12). I'm considering getting another ring seeing as my current one is starting to slightly lose its colour. Sooner or later I'm going to go and see what is on the market in the area.