The guitar that attracts attention

SorryNotSorry

SorryNotSorry

On Friday night, I went to see my buddy perform in his band at an impromptu synagogue (organized by a jackleg rabbi who has no set house of worship) and hang around to socialize and have snacks afterward.

The heptagonal-bodied guitar I built for him as a 50th birthday present had just finished being mended due to a flaw in the design which I corrected by designing and building a new part for it. Now the guitar has an even more throaty sound with better resonance than it did with the original, flawed part.

Maybe he was afraid to play it so soon after the repair work, I don't know... but anyway, I brought it along and met with him inside the building. We were approached by no fewer that 6 people (most of whom I never met before) who all wanted to see the instrument up close.

For the record, it IS a sight for sore eyes, with its shimmery mahogany body and zebrawood fretboard... but I made a point of telling the strangers it's my buddy's guitar, after he told them all that I was the one who built it.

This is one of the reasons why we're patenting it the sounding box shape. I'm currently building 3 more (one more mahogany, two maple, one ukulele which is a scaled-down version), one of which I will keep and stain raspberry pink as a promo.

SorryNotSorry
21 minutes ago, Ricchan said:

Got any pics? :P

PM me

• 3 weeks later...
SorryNotSorry

Update: my buddy did the research and found out there's no instrument out there exactly like it, he found an attorney who's guiding us through the patent filing process, and so we're going to go for it.

As for the one guitar I've been buiding to keep as my personal demo, she's just about ready for her raspberry-pink stain job (her name is Rosie), but the neck came out a little misaligned... all is not lost though, because the head is an assymetrical, dedicated left hand scrollwork shape, so all I need to do is design a matching tailstock with a similarly assymetrical shape instead of the planned shield shape, and this will make Rosie even more one-of-a-kind.

Sounds like a really unique guitar. I would like to see what it looks like! I really love guitars😁

Archived