Why is he behaving like this?

So my sister and this 1 guy were dating.
Well they introduced me to a guy who is only 1 year older then me. Well Im not an expert on spotting flirting, I know I flirt a lot but I can never spot when I do or others, I've known this guy now since a little before New years. Well the second time I met him on New Year's I was with my parents and my parents told me he was flirting and it looked like he may like me. Ultimately I was flattered, I broke it to my mom a year prior that I a-sexual. Most parent's would turn their 'baby girl' and last child away from dating but no, my parent's are different so my mother tells me that I should try and date him because he's nice and cute... well by about February he was at the point that dispite him be a grade higher then me, he would find ways to find me the halls to surprise hug me for anywhere from 5 to about 20 seconds. Well because of the talks and hugs we formed a semi-bond, When this bond started happening he clammed up and stopped talking to me and started avoiding me for about 3 weeks. One day during those three weeks I was tired of it and yelled at him the next time I saw him. While I was yelling at him he had this stupid happy smile. it did annoy me that he was smiling during it  2 days after yelling at him I was at his house because my sister was helping his brother's dog who got ran over, He hugged me twice that day and come tuesday at school he hugged me again. the last time he hugged me it was after 1 hour of english in March and he like snuck up on me before I could go out of the class he hugged me from behind (I'm 4' 10" and a half, it's bad genetics) so you can imagine how awkward it is sometimes. but in these past 2 weeks he sorta stopped and has begun ignoring me and avoiding me again, he said hi to me last thursday but that's all, his brother and my sister just broke up on the morning of last friday and now he'll see me make eye contact get within about 2-3 feet of me before completely avoiding me.

so according to all of this does does it sound like he may like me? (I will continue to stand my ground on my opinion that until I'm sure I will not feel anything like that for him.)

Well in my opinion, the best thing to do would be to ask him this question. He's the expert on how he feels, not AVEN. So my recommendation is to ask him about this, but maybe try to figure out whether or not you like him. His actions don't seem very wise if he does like you, but it may be that his brother noticed something and intervened (not an admirable decision). 

• Like 1

sometime maybe monday I'll see what I can do, :/ whelp

If you're confused with trying to figure out how to bring it up/whatever I might be able to help.

Just now, jstuli said:

If you're confused with trying to figure out how to bring it up/whatever I might be able to help.

how so?

I don't really know, if you want to try to figure out what to say, you can ask me about it. I have some experience with it although it's still a weird gray area for me.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jstuli said:

I don't really know, if you want to try to figure out what to say, you can ask me about it. I have some experience with it although it's still a weird gray area for me.

yeah same, I've only ever dated a girl and even then we never became Gf-Gf type deal :/ never been in a solid relationship let alone a possibilty of long-term dating. *sigh*

• Like 1

so I'm still confused, do you think you actually like this guy, or are you just curious about whether or not he likes you?

it's both really, I think I may like him, I also think this may be the only thing in months I've fought with myself about so hard haha. I'm also curious if her likes me.

So let's say he does like you, would you want to pursue a relationship or would you just stay in whatever state you're currently in? you might consider just telling him you like him if that's how you feel.

problem is I'll be leaving to go to California in a bit and I'll be staying there till' I graduate or I might stay where I live 1 more year because they a class California doesn't offer that I need for my field, so I don't want to start anything that would have to continue long-distance :/ Which is 1 reason why I've been fighting myself on this so badly.

well definitely bring it up with him though, because even if you can't have an actual relationship, it's better than spending forever not knowing. I have a friend who asked a girl out and they both liked each other a lot and were really good friends but were too busy to actually have a relationship and it just kills me to see them together.

yeah, well thanks for the info, I'll be sleeping on it, gtg for now, will be back on in the morning (if I don't go fishing asap haha, I love fishing so extremely much) 

• Like 1

well today he showed he was still fine with family as he helped my sister move out ofh is brother's house and said that he was going to miss having her around to do stuff with.  so I still have no clue on where He and I stand.

you're probably going to have to ask directly if you want a definite answer. Fishing for clues seems like it has a large margin of error and isn't likely to get you much. Plus, the longer you wait, the worse it'll be to ask him anything.

yesterday I was too busy doing yard work and looking after all my animals to get anything done outside of house & home. -_- 

andreas1033

For me, op, you have to understand it from his angle too.

He is getting mixed stuff from you, just as much as you're getting mixed ideas of what he wants.

How ever, maybe girls normally respond to him, maybe you have not responded to him, so he has no idea either, if you really do like him.

So you should try and understand your signals to him, just as much as the signals he gives you.

So i agree with above, he is unsure about how you feel towards him. Maybe other girls he has liked responded more quickly to his advances, and he is unsure. The cues he gets from others, may not be something your giving him.

People can only learn from experience, and normally interactions are based on what people have learned before.

• Like 1

I saw him twice yesterday but internally freaked out and didn't say anything because ... well idk.

... I freaked out yhe's startingto get a little closer to me again, but today I smiled at him without noticing I had. :redface: kill me now. (what's terrifiying is the fact IDK what my subconsious is doing or why everyone including my subconsious is pushing me to idk what the right word for it it, 'date?' ugh I don't like it and the side of me that normally tells me no is weak at this point. also tomorrow I get to take the A.C.T. :D Can't wait! I love tests especially ones that last longer then an hour!

So ACT went well but after it during science someone randomly yelled out my name and his ugh.. now everyone fro mthat class thinks I like him.

Well,, do you like him? It seems to me that you want something to happen between you two.

I want something to happen, I hate having to wait but when your in two completely different grades with completely different classes and only 5 minutes between bells, it's sorta hard to talk to anyone outside your class. hoping maybe somehow in these next two weeks I'll be able to get atleast 30 minutes to talk with him. It also doesn't help half the students in that 1 class (science) know him. -_- Life will be interesting next week doesn't help next week is full of finals.

throwaway account

Wait you take finals in April? Is that like an AP thing or something? My school doesn't do finals until June.

oh wow no my school ends May 22 (last day)... all year round we don't go to school Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. We start school in September.

Wait how many school days do you have annually? I have 185, from the end of August to the first two weeks of June, 2 weeks off in the winter, 1 in the spring, and then a couple days off for miscellaneous holidays. Also, where are you? I need to move there to capitalize on the short school year.

my year is long compared to what I used to have, in total I think we have about 130-150 days, we get 1 week off in winter, 1 day off in spring, and a couple days off for thanksgiving, I live in Northern Missouri. I used to live in Socal where it's 130-140. jeez where do you live that has 185 days!?

I live in Western Pennsylvania. We used to have more when I went to elementary school at an "accelerated learning academy", and I think we had 195 days. We go to school from about 7:30 to 2:45 Monday to Friday. I feel like you guys are the reason APs are so early, because we have to know everything a month before our school year is over, and then we have a month where the AP classes don't have anything to do.

yeah we are doing all finals and APs right now Dx ,  we go from 7:45 am - 3:45 pm

• 2 weeks later...
Trintale12

you know it's bad when your science teacher says "you know you're his type" .... -_- also I was zoned out this morning and was accidentally staring at him and didn't realize it. a friend pointed it out saying "hey, he's staring at you stop..."

• Like 1