Do you have/want a tattoo?

PHOENIX97

BadWolf5872

I am planning on getting a couple. I want the supernatural anti-possession symbol on my shoulder, a triquetra (most notably from "Charmed") on my ankle and probably something on my wrist (this is a big maybe since "tattoos in the workplace are frowned upon). Any ideas??

I've got one on my shoulder. It's the WARP Graphic's logo (my favorite comic book company!), and it doesn't hurt that it looks totally badass too! I plan on getting a lot more.

Only one for he time being but I've got a fat list written up for future work. Right now it's just a chest piece. 

I have 2: one on my foot and one on my left forearm which I plan on expanding on. I would like to get a lot more but getting the timing right is difficult as I give blood and you have to wait 4 months after tattoos before you can give again.

Grumpy Alien

Yes and yes

I really really love tattoos. But so far I don't have the money to pay for one, and I fear pain way too much also...

My ideal tattoo would be an old school one, maybe not in style itself but in spirit (talking about Deep things of life, having a special meaning for you).

I would love to get tattooed too many sentences that have changed my life, from poems, and songs.

I don't want any tattoos. I dont like the look personally. There are very few tattoos I actually think look good on someone. Going to a waterpark seeing everyones tattoos I'm like "am I seriously the only adult without one??" I enjoy the look of my uninked skin. I imagine uninked skin will be more and more rare in the future

helana12_03

No, and I have no interest in getting one.

SamwiseLovesLife

I have my 9th tattoo booked in 2 weeks :) Since I was 18 (legal tattoo age UK) I always find something that I love, so long as it fits certain perameters-

1. No names

2. No references to tv/movies/books **UNLESS I have liked that for more than 1/2 of my life. E.g I have adored LOTR since I was 6, so have several LOTR related tattoos**

3. Nothing with friends/family that cannot stand alone (I have considered something with my Uni friends but it means alot to me entirely without being linked to them)

4. Nothing that defines me as a strict term/label - I know people want to get sexuality tattoos, etc, but I would honestly reccomend something that at least means other things as this (no matter how longstanding) can change. I came out as gay but NEVER got a gay-related tattoo in case that changed. thank god I didn't as against all my self-beliefs I have discovered that I am Asexual. My one example of liniancy to this is a sunflower on my forarm. This relates to Vegan living, but also means several other things to me in case this changes, and also doesn't define to anyone seing it that i am Vegan. This rule gives room for growth

My 8 tattoos are (mostly) on my instagram for anyone interested- samwise.loves.life

I'm considering one or two small ones to mark things that are particularly important to me.

Elftober Country

Would really like to get a tattoo but I have no idea what I want! I obviously don't want to get something I'll regret :P

I'm also a little worried about the pain :(

Planning to get a tattoo on my 18th birthday; next March. It's going to be a quote in the inside on my right arm, at the top. It'll say, "One day at a time". Then, before I graduate high school, I want to get a compass on my left side on my chest. It will show that I am taking control on my path. 

• 1 month later...
BookishTabby

I have two tattoos - currently. One of my inner forearm which is for me and my best friend and the other is for my grandparents on my mothers side who are now deceased and I was really close to before their deaths. I am definitely considering getting more, but because I like to have settled on something and then not have it change for at least 4 months,it has taken a long time for me to decide on what my third one will be. I am also really picky what the tattoo artist that I will go to, and I don't start looking for that until I have my tattoo decided.

I want 13 hearts wrapping around my finger like a ring. When I first self harmed there were 13 cuts in my wrist, told myself I'd get 13 hearts if I found 13 ppl in my life who genuinely love and care for me.

I don't have one yet but I really want to! I'm thinking of getting a half sleeve but I haven't decided what to get exactly. There's a lot of options but I want to take my time so I wouldn't regret it afterwards.

I've got a Tattoo on my back, right between my shoulder blades. Right now I'm not planning to get more, because it's expensive and I would be disowned by my parents ^^"

I've got an Aquarell crescent moon behind a tree~

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Not yet but I'm planing on getting a small golden delta triangle on my right upper arm any time soon :D The one & only perfect choice for a real DX fan :D

• 2 weeks later...

i would love a tattoo but i have no tolerance for pain and i know i want a very large tattoo

OverwhelmedA

I want one SO BAD-since I was 14. I'm kind of scared it'll hurt, but I think it'll be worth it. I want to put quotes from my favourite books/TV shows/musicals. My favourite English teacher has book quotes on his arm, and it looked really cool.

A sort-of-on-topic question: Where's the least painful place to get a Tattoo? And to those that have one: Did it hurt more or less than you anticipated?

I've thought about getting a couple of small tattoos but 2 things have stopped me:

1. Fear of Needles. Bad enough being forced into medical ones but paying someone to do it for an optional thing, no thank you!
  2. Medically I can't, well I can try but apparently any decent tattoo artist will check for this one thing, and will decline to do a tattoo due to medication I'm on. If I do find someone that would do it regardless a)See point 1 above and b)Overcoming point a) may actually endanger my life due to the medication I am on. I'm not a big Tattoo fan in the first place so that wouldn't be a good idea

If I could get one, and brave the pain, I'd like to get my old Uni team logo on 1 upper arm, and my playing number in a sports number font on the other.

7 hours ago, Ricchan said:

A sort-of-on-topic question: Where's the least painful place to get a Tattoo? And to those that have one: Did it hurt more or less than you anticipated?

Well as far as I know the upper Arms hurt the least. Though the way you experience the pain depends on how strong you feel it.

I was told, that the back should hurt really much and it was okay. It was hurting more the closer the artist got to my spine :) though it was all manageable. I expected so much pain, that I would probably cry and scream xD so it did hurt waaaay less than I expected :D

100% want tattoos in the future, just about having the funds and deciding on a design for me, definitely sleeves, though!

I have two that I want, but I'm reluctant to actually get them, since I have an aversion to the permanency (especially the "What if the artist screws up" way). But I'd want an Ace (playing card) on my chest, and a Phoenix symbol (i.e. this) on my left bicep

NO, I hate tattoos.  I think I had a nightmare about tattoos recently, but I don't quite remember.  Tattoos just seem like a mistake.  People change.  If you tattoo your kid's name to your wrist, that kid might turn out trans and change their name.  And even if there is something permanent that can be tattooed... you're just wrecking your body.  You're going to look like an old fart one day, provided that you get old, etc.  It just looks like dirt honestly.  To me, it implies you have strong, unchangeable opinions, which means that you disagree with certain people and can not be diplomatic in finding common ground.  That's my idea of it.

if i had a tolerance for pain my whole body would be cover

Archived