Mbti

Nemophilist

Nemophilist

Curious about personality types. I'm aro/ace and mostly intp with occasional istp moments. I definitely consider myself a loner. Not that I don't have any friends but I struggle with not feeling guilty about taking my large doses of alone time and not coming off as a prude. Anyway would really like to see what personality type(s) others identify with and if there is any correlation/connection with your sexuality.

I've been professionally typed. I was typed as ISTJ. Forever I thought I was INTJ because of all those online quizzes I took, throughout my time online. However, when I was professionally typed,it became crystal clear to me that the quizzes online are extremely "swishy" in the sense of, unless you have someone whose actually been trained in MBTI and/or has intensely studied the system, the person making said quiz is basically going off of stereotypes and what they heard about said type 

Nemophilist

Interesting, I've never been professionally typed but, I would like to in the future. Any suggestions about how to do it? Do you see a psychologist or psychiatrist for that? 

Let it be known that I am two squares away from winning AVEN Bingo.

(INTP - although there are some aspects of that type that I do not identify with)

INFP. I took the test a few years ago so I'm fuzzy on the details but I remember it being scary accurate, particularly because I'm a perfectionist, set very high standards and am very hard on myself. I'm a little confused regarding my sexuality, but right now I consider myself a graysexual (which, for me, means not super interested in sex or relationships, but also would want to experiment a little) I never though about it before, but now that I am, I so think being so introverted and focusing more on my internal being may be correlated with my lack of interest in sex and romantic relationships.

Nemophilist

I agree with you, I feel like there is so much more to life, the world than just focusing on just one other person. For me it's focusing on becoming a better person and exploring the world.

There's an active thread about it with tons of responses 

! :)

Nemophilist

Ok cool, thanks for sharing! Will check it out.🙂

AVEN #1 fan

I'm hypo-pan-romantic ace and I'm ISFJ.

ChillaKilla

INFP

I was actually trained in MBTI a couple summers ago, and during the training I typed as an INTJ. My instructor was going over the common traits of an INTJ, and she said, "Interpersonal, and especially romantic relationships, are usually really tough for INTJs, since they struggle to clearly reciprocate feelings of that nature." I just kept thinking, "If only you knew, instructor. :cake:"

I'm an INTP and hypo-panromantic.

Anthracite_Impreza

You realise MBTI has been debunked right? Alright for funsies, but not much else.

15 hours ago, Nemophilist said:

Interesting, I've never been professionally typed but, I would like to in the future. Any suggestions about how to do it? Do you see a psychologist or psychiatrist for that? 

Go to a psychiatrist or psychologist. It'll cost money, but you can do it there. 

Archived